Hello! Input for review welcome

Speleonaut

Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I'm a PhD student in geology. I'm taking a class entitled Games for Learning and Simulation. We need to review an education game for class, and I chose KerbalEDU. Happy to be here, meet some new folks, and maybe get some input from long-time Kerbal players who has been using this in a classroom setting.

Have a great day!

Welcome!

I don't personally know of anywhere that's using it in an educational setting, my daughter's still a bit too young for that. (8).  But she does like to watch me play it, I've let her play it a few times with really simple rockets, and she's definitely really getting interested in space.  In a few years I may check into the school doing something with the EDU version.  Honestly I'm not even sure what the difference between the normal version and EDU version is, other than the DRM.  The EDU subforum isn't very active, but hopefully you can find what you're after!

5 hours ago, Speleonaut said:

and I chose KerbalEDU.

Hi Rachel.  Unfortunately most of us have zero experience with KerbalEDU, and that part of the forum sees little to no activity.  Good luck with your project!  What are some other games people have chosen to use?