[1.3.1][WIP][BETA] Kerbal Combat Simulator 0.1.0!

A while ago, I was watching a DCS tutorial (mind you I don't have it, but I like it). Then it came to me "why not turn KSP into a DCS type simulator" After all, KSP has the BDA addon, tutorials, scenarios/missions, and, best of all, you can build your own custom airplane. So here is my proposal :

A pack that you place in a clean KSP install with select addons (RBDA, FAR, APP, etc.), tutorials, manuals, scenarios, and built-in crafts made by me, and anyone else who would want to help, for those who dont want to bother with building their own airplanes. The manuals would be either in KSPedia or .pdf format. Another thing to do would be to add the BDA displays to IVA cockpit screens. I would also modify parts into new parts (e.g, AIM-9 without warhead for tutorials). Now, it is ready for the first beta release. If you have any suggestions/questions, ask here.

xR1XSDx.png

Mods used:

@Next_Star_Industries Mk8x bombs, under CC BY-SA 4.0

@jrodriguez's RBDA, destruction FX, and Physics Range Extender (PRE), under CC BY-SA 2.0

@Shadowmage's Kerbal Foundries Continued, under CC BY-SA 3.0

@Icecovery's AARS (automated aerial refueling system), under CC BY-SA 4.0

@Papa_Joe's BDMk22, BDArmory, Vessel Mover, and BurnTogether, under CC BY-SA 2.0

@blackheart612's AirplanePlus, under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

@Crzyrndm's Dynamic Deflection, in public domain and B9 Pwings, code under MIT, art under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

@ferram4's FAR, under GNU GPLv3

@AlphaAsh/@Ger_space's Kerbal Konstructs plugin, under MIT

@DoctorDavinci's DCK Camo, under GNU GPLv3

@pellinors tweakscale, under WTFLP

@alexustas's ASET, under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

@MOARdV's JSI PRM, under GNU GPLv3

@tetryds/ @ferram4/ @BahamutoD's Mouse Aim Flight, All rights reserved, specific permission needed.

Tetryds permission:

Spoiler

Thanks for letting me know.

MAF's license is actually partially ARR, so you would have to ask me anyway :P

You can share with your pack, although I recommend sharing the link from the original source.

@fast_de_la_speed's Mk1 ASET cockpit, under WTFPL.

@linuxgurugamer's SXT continued, under CC BY-SA 4.0

*needs to be downloaded separately Here*

@Starwaster's Procedural parts, under CC BY-SA 3.0

@blowfish/@NathanKell's Module Manager, under CC BY-SA(2.0?) AJE, an SolverEngines, under GNU GPLv2

@sirkut's Infernal Robotics, under GNU GPLv3

@AirShark, for his excellent crafts.

(And, mod contributors, sorry for the second ping)

TEAM MEMBERS! 

@dundun92

@Matuchkin

@JollyGreenGI

@dundun93

@Lo Var Lachland

The modpack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lJdlckApQ7OvbG7X4MagmsuFKaArUtoC/view?usp=drivesdk

Airbases:

Paste the NewInstances FOLDER into GameData\KerbalKonstructs. https://drive.google.com/openid=1UDW6VPmXBTzsQewLGVxMuI4F1OwbkjD6

The sample .craft files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QYw5lr_LuR8ejiT9Ghlzj-S5VDSDUQM/view?usp=drivesdk

The sample scenarios(use like a Alt-F5/F9 gamesave): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgKj36cVNayhfZM-uag91wcQtt8OfaXv/view?usp=drivesdk

Here are some demo/tutorial videos/screenshots:

Spoiler

Cold Water scenario 1 test/tutorial videos:

Suggestions poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/15227310

Original development thread:

Have fun blowing up stuff!

Edited by Guest

Nicely laid out release there, @dundun92. You mention that you have included "Mouse Aim Flight, All rights reserved, specific permission needed". Since All Rights Reserved (ARR) means that redistribution is normally not allowed, please can you confirm that you have specific permission to include it with this pack?

Also one small thing. Instead of writing "contributors", can I suggest you write "Mod List" or something like that? I say that because "contributors" makes it sound like each of the people in that list are actively suppporting the pack by sending you their mods.

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

Nicely laid out release there, @dundun92. You mention that you have included "Mouse Aim Flight, All rights reserved, specific permission needed". Since All Rights Reserved (ARR) means that redistribution is normally not allowed, please can you confirm that you have specific permission to include it with this pack?

Also one small thing. Instead of writing "contributors", can I suggest you write "Mod List" or something like that? I say that because "contributors" makes it sound like each of the people in that list are actively suppporting the pack by sending you their mods.

Ok, will do. thanks!

13 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Instead of having to distribute a modpack, you can make a "metapackage" for CKAN. You can then solve part-balancing with Module Manager files.

Also, have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRCNVzCVrRC4yY2Nyd4_BWA/videos

I prefer doing a modpack actually, and I don't use CKAN personally either. I generally consider it a bit buggy. I never got BDA to work with it. I will think about it though. And, yes, I play FlyOut Alpha.:D

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

We can totally release another mission, then do a huge announcement for it so that this thread will be on top again... right?

That's the plan anyway...

• 2 months later...

I have a KSP version folder named KCS since like a year, filled with some warbirds and stuff.
I also got myself into C# and the SDK. So if you need/want help, I'd be totally into it. Contact me.

Edited by GEDO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry all for the inactivity, been busy lately. i plan to make some progress with the mod now. Unfortunately, it will still be for ksp 1.3.1.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.