Splashed Down in mountains/highlands 1.3.1 [solved]

I'm despratly looking for locations to get highlands and mountains splased down science.

In earlier versions you could get those in many locations but now I'm unable to find any at all. Been traveling kerbin for ages now without success :S

Anybody got some koordinates?

Edit: It's solved, @Geolu_Henge 's solution stil is correct for 1.3.1.

Edited by maculator
Solved it

Yeah, unfortunately the splashed versions of those biomes mostly got removed a few versions ago. There is a biome glitch that allows you to get "splashed at mountains" in the ocean near the north polar icecap -- basically due north of KSC.

I've also been told that one continent west (north of the great desert) somewhere in those river systems is a tiny spot of highlands out in the river -- but I've never even found that one myself.

@bewing do you know if playing on different terrain setting might improve my chances? Like setting it to verry low?

Edit:

This thread was stil correct about the highlands, i found it!!! 1/2 done.

rtqOlnM.png

Edit #2: And mountains were indeed in the lake near the icecap:

wMjdfct.png

Edited by maculator

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2018 at 5:48 PM, maculator said:

@bewing do you know if playing on different terrain setting might improve my chances? Like setting it to verry low?

Edit:

This thread was stil correct about the highlands, i found it!!! 1/2 done.

rtqOlnM.png

Edit #2: And mountains were indeed in the lake near the icecap:

wMjdfct.png

That “Science! Here and Now” window, is that a mod?

@Climber Rat:

It's from [x] Science!, which has a number of features.  It began as a science log to keep track of which experiments your vessel can do and which experiments you've already done, but it later got the 'Here and Now' window which additionally allows you to run the available experiments without needing to keep a part action window open for each one.

Here's a link:

7 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

@Climber Rat:

It's from [x] Science!, which has a number of features.  It began as a science log to keep track of which experiments your vessel can do and which experiments you've already done, but it later got the 'Here and Now' window which additionally allows you to run the available experiments without needing to keep a part action window open for each one.

Here's a link:

Awesome!  Thank you, sir.  Yeah, I’ve been exploring the world of mods (something new for me).  I’d previously put together an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my science experiments. A lot of work, but I learned a lot about how science works in the game.  Now I find out there’s a mod that does it all for me!  Now I have many mods loaded. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.