A little something i did for the boys at Patria Aviation.

kapteenipirk

I happened to find this picture in my phone and wanted to show it to you guys.

BJeTvrT.jpg

(the signature says 13.11.2014 Simo Kaartinen)

It's a little 3D wireframe model of a BAE Hawk that i did from safety-wire during my 10 week work-training period at Patria Aviation.

we put it up on the workplace cafeteria.

I was originally supposed to make more than one, but ended up only making one as i had limited time and it was quite a bit of work to get one made.

The project started when i made a 2.5D model of the Hawk in my spare time, and the guy who supervised my work (and pretty-much everyone who worked there) really liked it and gave me a pitch that i should try and make a 3D one as-well.

I actually ended up doing a couple of 2.5D hawks for guys there who said they wanted to have one for home.

I took the 2.5D hawk i made home, but i don't think it's around anymore, this kinda makes me wanna remake that 2.5D or even the 3D one.

In-case you are wondering what i did there besides this super fun side-project, i can't really tell you as i had to sing an obligation of confidentiality, witch basically means hush hush and no pictures or you'll get banned from the lot and probably thrown to jail.

Well, other than that i worked with Finnish air-force Hawk trainer-jets.

And yes, i did really enjoy my time there and have more than a few fond memories of my time there :D.

Edited by kapteenipirk

22 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

i worked with Finnish air-force Hawk trainer jets.

And yes, i did really enjoy my time there and have more than a few fond memories of my time there :D.

Sounds Awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.