[1.3.1-1.5.1] UBM Extended TechTree configs 3.0 - Porkjet Tankbutt Switching! Making History, Missing History, and more!

theonegalen

On 11/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, Bombaatu said:

Is there any chance you could expand this to fix MH parts for stock tech tree & CTT, instead of just UbM? The MH rocket parts are in really weird places as you noted earlier. For instance, the 1.875m engines are in Heavier Rocketry, where you have the Mainsail - makes NO sense.

I changed some of the prerequisites after I tried a non-UBM test run left me very dissatisfied with the MH suite of engines, so the next version of UBME will do that, as well as put propeller engines in their own branch (off of Stability, IIRC).

15 hours ago, Podesta said:

I would also really appreciate a final release with the fixes proposed for the 1.4.x series.

My apologies for the continued delay. I am on vacation away from my computer this week, and will zip everything up and put it on Spacedock as soon as I get back.

• 1 month later...

@theonegalen

Just found this and, well, WOW.  Nice work.

Don't know if you've addressed this since I couldn't find it in your extension, but the original UbM has this:

****    [WRN 12:47:51.432] [ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/SETIrebalance/MM-PartModding/SETI-PartMod-Yarbrough08.cfg

My correction:
ln9
-@PART[Mk1-1A2]:NEEDS[Yarbrough08]:AFTER[Yarbrough08]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
+@PART[Mk1-1A2]:NEEDS[Yarbrough08]:AFTER[Yarbrough08]

1 hour ago, Homer_S said:

Silly q here. I"m trying to get this to work for me and it does not appear to be. What should be in the starting node? I would expect the Stayputnik...

Homer

It should be the Octo, and if you have the Seti Parts pack the Seti probe stack, but you probably need to apply my patch from here:

21 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

@theonegalen

Just found this and, well, WOW.  Nice work.

Don't know if you've addressed this since I couldn't find it in your extension, but the original UbM has this:

****    [WRN 12:47:51.432] [ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/SETIrebalance/MM-PartModding/SETI-PartMod-Yarbrough08.cfg

My correction:
ln9
-@PART[Mk1-1A2]:NEEDS[Yarbrough08]:AFTER[Yarbrough08]:FOR[SETIrebalance]
+@PART[Mk1-1A2]:NEEDS[Yarbrough08]:AFTER[Yarbrough08]

That's probably a good idea. Unfortunately, we can't publish modifications to the original UBM or SETIrebalance configs because of the All Rights Reserved license.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, severedsolo said:

It should be the Octo, and if you have the Seti Parts pack the Seti probe stack, but you probably need to apply my patch from here:

Thanks that helped!

This makes more sense to me, as it make each part a gain in tech or smaller than a previous similar part.

NODE	YOURS	MINE
START	OCTO	STAYPUT
ENG101	ROVER	ROVER
BASSCI	OCTO2	OCTO
MINI	HECS	HECS
	STAYPUT
UNMND		OCTO2

Homer

18 hours ago, Homer_S said:

Thanks that helped!

This makes more sense to me, as it make each part a gain in tech or smaller than a previous similar part.

NODE	YOURS	MINE
START	OCTO	STAYPUT
ENG101	ROVER	ROVER
BASSCI	OCTO2	OCTO
MINI	HECS	HECS
	STAYPUT
UNMND		OCTO2

Homer

The problem is that the stayputnick is pretty useless as a sounding rocket probe core, which is what the Start node is intended for. Also, the Octo is supposed to have its SAS nerfed so that it matches the lowest quality probe SAS. I don't know whether or not the config linked in that post above does that or not.

I could possibly make a config that moves things around if the USI Sounding Rockets mod is installed.

Also, by the time you get to unmanned Tech I think all of the probes should have full SAS capabilities, and the next version will have upgrades to make that happen.

Edited by theonegalen

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

The problem is that the stayputnick is pretty useless as a sounding rocket probe core, which is what the Start node is intended for. Also, the Octo is supposed to have its SAS nerfed so that it matches the lowest quality probe SAS. I don't know whether or not the config linked in that post above does that or not.

I could possibly make a config that moves things around if the USI Sounding Rockets mod is installed.

Also, by the time you get to unmanned Tech I think all of the probes should have full SAS capabilities, and the next version will have upgrades to make that happen.

Hmm,

It worked for me. You have to use spin guidance. It let me launch the first rocket and gather enough science to make a rover worth harvesting KSC. Then you can buy the first Octo and you are on the way. Comes from watching Scott Manley I guess...

Homer

I'm not saying that it's impossible to use. I'm familiar with spin stabilization  and the other things you mentioned. But depending on your settings, and what mods you have, that may or may not work. I always use Kerbal Construction Time. FAR also limits the usefulness of the Stayputnik before fairings are unlocked.

The other thing to consider is that 1.25m parts are not supposed to be available in the start node. At least, they aren't in any of my installs, which use the USI Sounding Rockets mod.

It's possible that I might rebalance some of the early Tech nodes, but I do not currently plan to move the Stayputnik to Start. Stayputnik might not stay in the Miniaturization node.

Keep in mind that it is not my intention to make a whole lot of changes to what @Yemo did in Unmanned Before Manned before he left KSP modding. I'm mostly here to and add new parts to fit his work. This doesn't mean I won't make any changes that overwrite what he did, but that I'm not going to overhaul the tree, or look for things to change within it.

Edited by theonegalen

Merry Christmas, everyone! As much as I wish I could give you a Christmas gift of a new version of UBM Extended, I cannot do this at this time. I am away from my desk computer. The little tablet laptop that I have for work can run basic stock KSP, but not the part mods required to test and develop this mod.

With version 1.6 of KSP out, and version 1.6.1 anticipated due to some bugs, it really is time to get this up to date. Therefore, at the very least the final 1.4.5 version and a basic 1.5.1 version will be up on New Year's Day. I will be back home on December 30th, and will have nothing else to do that evening or all day New Year's Eve, barring emergencies. Over the next couple of days, I will go back through the thread and make a list of everything that will be done for those versions. I set myself a release date in order to make sure I do it.

Again, Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Merry Christmas, everyone! As much as I wish I could give you a Christmas gift of a new version of UBM Extended, I cannot do this at this time. I am away from my desk computer. The little tablet laptop that I have for work can run basic stock KSP, but not the part mods required to test and develop this mod.

With version 1.6 of KSP out, and version 1.6.1 anticipated due to some bugs, it really is time to get this up to date. Therefore, at the very least the final 1.4.5 version and a basic 1.5.1 version will be up on New Year's Day. I will be back home on December 30th, and will have nothing else to do that evening or all day New Year's Eve, barring emergencies. Over the next couple of days, I will go back through the thread and make a list of everything that will be done for those versions. I set myself a release date in order to make sure I do it.

Again, Merry Christmas!

I should have checked here before sending you a PM. :)  My apologizes and happy holidays. 

Thank you again for the you help and suggestions.. 

No worries! Believe me, I appreciate keeping this thing going. Many thanks from me! Other than inventory and engineer, my parts are stock. Most of my mods are visual and control oriented. My only issue with the Stayputnik is unless it is available as the first probe core, why would anyone ever use it?

Homer

Edited by Homer_S

53 minutes ago, Homer_S said:

No worries! Believe me, I appreciate keeping this thing going. Many thanks from me! Other than inventory and engineer, my parts are stock. Most of my mods are visual and control oriented. My only issue with the Stayputnik is unless it is available as the first probe core, why would anyone ever use it?

Homer

To make cool sputnik replicas / round-headed probes. They just look cool.

My personal practice is to rely on Sounding Rockets core until I can make orbit, switch for Stayputnik for the first orbital probe or two, then proceed up the tree to the better stuff. Whether or not I wait to "unlock" the stayputnik, or just not use it until I use the other depends on how interested I am in making MM patches for the tree for that particular game. :)

On 10/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, severedsolo said:

Ugh looks like Squad broke UBM quite badly with 1.5. They have kept the old parts, like they did with the old Rockomax tanks, but this time rather than keeping the names, they have called the command parts "v2" instead, so all the old MM patches won't work any more.

I've written a patch for 1.5 if anyones interested(Galen feel free to steal)

//moves the revamped command parts to their correct place (they are denoted as"v2" so old patches won't work)
//Mk1 Pod
@PART[mk1pod_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
    @TechRequired = advFlightControl
}

//Stayputnik & hex
@PART[probeCoreSphere_v2|probeCoreHex_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
    @TechRequired = miniaturization
}

//Octo
@PART[probeCoreOcto_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = start
}

//Octo2
@PART[probeCoreOcto2_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = basicScience
}

//roverBody
@PART[roverBody_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = engineering101
}

Are you sure you want to put the Mk 1 Pod in advFlightControl @severedsolo? Unmanned Before Manned has it in enhancedSurvivability. Otherwise the Mk2 pod and the Mk1 pod have the same science cost.

4 hours ago, Rime Pendragon said:

Are you sure you want to put the Mk 1 Pod in advFlightControl @severedsolo? Unmanned Before Manned has it in enhancedSurvivability. Otherwise the Mk2 pod and the Mk1 pod have the same science cost.

It does? That's a mistake then - there aren't supposed to be any changes, it was supposed to be a 1:1 copy of UBM.

@theonegalen - are you still doing this on your phone? It would be easier if you had a git repository that we could merge community fixes into.

Edited by severedsolo

17 hours ago, severedsolo said:

It does? That's a mistake then - there aren't supposed to be any changes, it was supposed to be a 1:1 copy of UBM.

@theonegalen - are you still doing this on your phone? It would be easier if you had a git repository that we could merge community fixes into.

I think originally ubm has the mk1pod in a couple different places, depending on what mods are installed.

I'd love to have a git. Then I would be free to develop anywhere I wanted, instead of being tied down to the computer at my house.

My apologies, but I don't believe I will be able to put out the new version of UBM Extended today.  I hurt my back while helping my cousin at his house, and sitting in front of the computer for a couple of hours is a no-go for me today. I am back home as I planned, and I hope to get to it tomorrow. Thank you all for your understanding.

57 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

My apologies, but I don't believe I will be able to put out the new version of UBM Extended today.  I hurt my back while helping my cousin at his house, and sitting in front of the computer for a couple of hours is a no-go for me today. I am back home as I planned, and I hope to get to it tomorrow. Thank you all for your understanding.

No worries, community will have to wait. Personal health is much higher priority than waiting for couple of more days for update. Wish you fast recovery and much better luck for remaining of following year.

16 hours ago, theonegalen said:

You get well... we need you fit as a fiddle.  Thanks for letting us know.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:52 PM, theonegalen said:

Hey dudes. I haven't played with it yet, but the heir to UBM may finally be here.

Thanks for pointing this out.. today on my stream, I did work with this, but since it is so new and radically different from the UBM, it would have to "cheat" through the tech tree for my current career to get caught up to where I currently am.

I am more than happy to wait for you to get batter and use your EXT going forward.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:11 PM, theonegalen said:

I indeed do not mind! @jfjohnny5, you are a sexy shoeless god of war!

Thanks for that, I'm sorry I haven't been around. I have been very busy with real life, but I'm not gone, and my KSP projects have not been abandoned. KSP things are in kind of a holding pattern for the moment.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, theonegalen said:

(still here - got a job teaching and am finally getting to install 1.4.5 - I can already see things that will need updates - Airplane Plus, I want to do a config for @Citizen247's Ministry of Space Aeronautics Department plane parts - Near Future Aeronautics and Mk4 Spaceplanes will need new configs as well)

On 10/14/2018 at 10:50 PM, theonegalen said:

I worked on the APP and SXT configs today.  Also started integrating Engine Ignitor support for everything included with UBM Extended. 

I also made the Porkjet part overhauls work with the stock mesh switch to swap out the clean versions with the tank butt versions. The config is currently dependent upon having Missing History installed, but I guess I could set up a standalone version. Not sure how much interest there would be in that sort of thing, since we are probably getting brand new versions of all of those tomorrow (?) with 1.5.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:55 AM, severedsolo said:

Ugh looks like Squad broke UBM quite badly with 1.5. They have kept the old parts, like they did with the old Rockomax tanks, but this time rather than keeping the names, they have called the command parts "v2" instead, so all the old MM patches won't work any more.

I've written a patch for 1.5 if anyones interested(Galen feel free to steal)

//moves the revamped command parts to their correct place (they are denoted as"v2" so old patches won't work)
//Mk1 Pod
@PART[mk1pod_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
    @TechRequired = advFlightControl
}

//Stayputnik & hex
@PART[probeCoreSphere_v2|probeCoreHex_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
    @TechRequired = miniaturization
}

//Octo
@PART[probeCoreOcto_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = start
}

//Octo2
@PART[probeCoreOcto2_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = basicScience
}

//roverBody
@PART[roverBody_v2]:NEEDS[!SETIctt,!SETItechtree,!ETT,!OpenTree,!RP-0]:AFTER[UnmannedBeforeManned]
{
	@TechRequired = engineering101
}

On 11/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, theonegalen said:

I changed some of the prerequisites after I tried a non-UBM test run left me very dissatisfied with the MH suite of engines, so the next version of UBME will do that, as well as put propeller engines in their own branch (off of Stability, IIRC).

My apologies for the continued delay. I am on vacation away from my computer this week, and will zip everything up and put it on Spacedock as soon as I get back.

On 4/3/2018 at 7:36 AM, theonegalen said:

I'll definitely put a .version file in the next release, but it seems you have to have a github repository or some kind of online version file for the actual notification to work. My computer doesn't connect to the internet, and I have no idea how to github as a developer. Is there a file on Spacedock I can use?

(All my uploads are transferred to my phone and then uploaded from there.)

On 4/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, severedsolo said:

Don't think it can be done via Spacedock but AVC have a dedicated website you can upload a version file to: http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/ - you'd just need to update it when you push a release.

Notes for myself for tonight. Apologies to everyone for the pings!

On 12/23/2018 at 7:11 PM, Homer_S said:

Thanks that helped!

NODE	YOURS	MINE
START	OCTO	STAYPUT
ENG101	ROVER	ROVER
BASSCI	OCTO2	OCTO
MINI	HECS	HECS
	STAYPUT
UNMND		OCTO2

Homer

I changed my mind; I'm doing a version of this. Stayputnik to start and OCTO to Engineering 101 with it's adapter and nosecone. Eng101 will also get a higher science cost. Rest of the probes rearranged around the tree in a similar way to what you proposed.

Making progress!

Universal Storage 2 looks like it is going to be the most difficult mod to update. Oh boy.

EDIT: I've decided that US2 is fine where it is. The only thing that will have to be moved are the new DMagic Orbital Science parts for US2, to match their counterpart placement in UBM.

Edited by theonegalen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.