[1.3.1-1.5.1] UBM Extended TechTree configs 3.0 - Porkjet Tankbutt Switching! Making History, Missing History, and more!

theonegalen

Version 3.0 of UBM Extended is out! Spacedock Link!

Mostly it's just refinements and bugfixes, but if you have Missing History, UBME will add the tankbutted versions of Porkjet's Part Overhaul 1.25m engines using the stock mesh switch. This will not work for 1.3.1, but you don't need either Making History or UBM for them to work. You can also use my alterations to the Making History engines, both in techtree and stats, without UBM.

Let me know if things seem to be showing up in the wrong place, or any other bugs!

Next up will be the version for 1.6.1, which I'll start on tomorrow. That will have a more granular approach to SXT integration, the updated Dmagic Orbital Science US2 parts, and rejigger the Making History due to the 1.6 rebalance.

Hooray! Cheers for this continuance.

Do you intend to migrate over to PBC at some point?  I'm waiting for it to mature a bit more, but I love the direction it's going.

In the mean-time I'll wait for your 161 update, then crack on with a new UBMEx career :)

4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Hooray! Cheers for this continuance.

Do you intend to migrate over to PBC at some point?  I'm waiting for it to mature a bit more, but I love the direction it's going.

In the mean-time I'll wait for your 161 update, then crack on with a new UBMEx career :)

Either PBC or @SpinkAkron's UnKerballed Start mod. I like UKS better than the last version of PBC I played, but that was before the big 2.0 changes to PBC. I plan to do aircraft configs for UKS to integrate APP, Kerbonov, etc, soon.

5 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Either PBC or @SpinkAkron's UnKerballed Start mod. I like UKS better than the last version of PBC I played, but that was before the big 2.0 changes to PBC. I plan to do aircraft configs for UKS to integrate APP, Kerbonov, etc, soon.

Wait.. you aren't giving up on us UBM peeps are you?  Very much looking forward to taking my current save into 1.6.x ..

thank!

4 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Wait.. you aren't giving up on us UBM peeps are you?  Very much looking forward to taking my current save into 1.6.x ..

thank!

Oh no! I'm actually playing 1.6.1 right now with UBM and a small selection of part mods to tweak the Making History and Missing History configs. I will certainly maintain UBM Extended, but might not be making a huge number of new configs after the forthcoming 1.6.1 update.

thank!

Oh no! I'm actually playing 1.6.1 right now with UBM and a small selection of part mods to tweak the Making History and Missing History configs. I will certainly maintain UBM Extended, but might not be making a huge number of new configs after the forthcoming 1.6.1 update.

thank!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Hi there @theonegalen, I was following up to see if there was still going to be a 1.6.1 version of this?

Yep, I'm still working on it. I have a lot of things on my list, and I kind of work on them as I get inspired to in order to avoid burnout. Also, my band is playing another concert next week, so I am doing a lot of practice right now. But it is still certainly planned. :-)

On 1/31/2019 at 12:40 AM, theonegalen said:

Yep, I'm still working on it. I have a lot of things on my list, and I kind of work on them as I get inspired to in order to avoid burnout. Also, my band is playing another concert next week, so I am doing a lot of practice right now. But it is still certainly planned. :-)

A band!  Kewl!  Thank you for the update.

• 1 month later...

I am currently out of town for Spring Break. When I get back, I hope to push out the next version of UBM Extended within a couple of weeks. This will be the version 100% compatible with 1.6.1, and might include 1.7 compatibility as well, depending on when that is released.

I don't really plan to do much more active development on UBM Extended after that, as I have personally switched over to the UnKerballedStart mod by @SpinkAkron for my tech tree needs. I do plan to keep building mod support for UKS as I continue to play with it.

I will also probably set up a separate Tweaks mod that will have the part tweaks I use. This will make things more modular, and will also allow me to distribute more of the useful configs I have made over the years.

• 2 months later...

If I understand correctly, you are correcting UbM via this, yes?

If true, then for those using it there is a :NEEDS conditional that requires correcting 

ln276

-@PART[proceduralTankTAC]:NEEDS[ThunderAerospace]:NEEDS[ProceduralParts]:AFTER[ProceduralParts]
+@PART[proceduralTankTAC]:NEEDS[ThunderAerospace,ProceduralParts]:AFTER[ProceduralParts]

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.