Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - How to Play and Share with the Mission Builder

SQUAD

I think I'm losing because I paid for the product on Steam in 2015 and being forced to buy again is theft, nor will I get into the merit of the EULA, I disagree with a number of things that will transform KSP from a free platform where creators of independent content have no voice, or their actions are limited, KSP only got here, because the creators of the game shaped the SQUAD, without that KSP would be nothing, in my country on Steam it is worth $ 72.99 reals, where the minimum wage is $ 954.00 you can imagine what it would be like to pay US72.99 for the same KSP + to the DLC that officially has no set price. EULA is wrong, as a consumer I have the right to free DLC. Even though I know I'll have to pay for it. 

It's to think about it.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the DLC and the base game is still playable without it. If its an issue of affordability, maybe you should save up for it then.

Squad doesn't owe any of us anything other than the game we purchased at the time of purchase. That is the only thing you have the right to access.

They are generous for rewarding early adopters with such a program during a time when it was difficult for them to financially develop such a great game.

Calling it theft or crying about not being included is a false sense of entitlement. I would easily pay $60 for KSP over the crap games that's being released by big box publishers.

10 hours ago, Catatau_27 said:

I think I'm losing because I paid for the product on Steam in 2015 and being forced to buy again is theft, nor will I get into the merit of the EULA, I disagree with a number of things that will transform KSP from a free platform where creators of independent content have no voice, or their actions are limited, KSP only got here, because the creators of the game shaped the SQUAD, without that KSP would be nothing, in my country on Steam it is worth $ 72.99 reals, where the minimum wage is $ 954.00 you can imagine what it would be like to pay US72.99 for the same KSP + to the DLC that officially has no set price. EULA is wrong, as a consumer I have the right to free DLC. Even though I know I'll have to pay for it. 

It's to think about it.

If this is happening on steam its steam's fault, not KSP's.

Checking out the mission builder, and it's impressive. Not to mention immersive. Looks like there's a lot to learn, but I think I can see some of the possibilities. I'm not a programmer though, so it might take me a bit to figure out how to make use of everything. The tutorials are a big help, but I'm running into a problem. There are supposed to be 3 tutorials for the mission builder, but I'm only seeing 2. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. This is where I'm stuck.

KJDXvkg.png

It's telling me to save my progress so I can move on to the next tutorial, but I can't hit the "save" icon. The "continue" option won't light up either. And the main screen only shows the "beginning" and "intermediate" tutorials. There's no "advanced", or whatever would come next.

ZQzfI8X.png

Not sure if there really is a 3rd tutorial or you're just supposed to wing it from this point. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but tutorials are always a welcome way to shorten the learning curve. Anyway, wanted to see if anybody knew anything about this or not. Thanks.

Multiple launch stock missions like the first stock mission in the DLC is very tedious for me. Fail the second launch and  it seems my only option is to restart the whole mission.

‘Boss I’m locked out I must have left the keys in the door and now they’re locked inside’

This and that the requirements and optional point bonus between the start and compleation of a mission appear hidden and vague.

‘Boss I’m happy and able to do it, just tell me what you want done. If there is potential for bonuses, please just let me know.’ 

For any mission that is longer and more complex I fear hard core tediousness.

I’m curious if my impression of playing missions is to feel roguelike with hidden achievementslike was intended? Maybe so, some love that sort of chalange.  

Edited by bonyetty

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any chance we could get a control node for being in a specific altitude range? I need that for a mission I want to build.

We also could use variable storage, a Boolean expression node and an advanced algebraic expression node. (Check if an algebraic expression is true, and do something as a result.)  You should be able to access a wide number of stats about the current in-flight in this node, making it a universal advanced configuration node.