Not familiar with open track, but there is an Arduino mod for KSP.  It sends data over the serial port I believe, so it can control various aspects of the game from custom control boards.

[Hardware, Plugin] Arduino based physical display + serial port io+ tutorial (06-Jun)

But since IR tracking in this case is just mouse movement emulation, I don't see why you couldn't bodge together some working system. 

Of course, I find KSP jittery enough on it's own, aside from IVA's, I don't really see a use for it. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:13 PM, White Owl said:

It worked for one or two updates, but not very well. Last I checked, even the far-superior headtracking mod is inop.

Which updates? KSP works standalone with no DRM so I keep a backup of each version, it’s a tiny game anyway. I’ve been really wanting to get plug and play Track IR working,

23 hours ago, Radiatin said:

it’s a tiny game anyway. 

*Looks upon towering collection of 1.76 to 3.3 GB KSP game folders from previous versions*  *looks back up at post* ... *Looks upon terabyte HD with 330 gigs free*

HEH.  The future is silly.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:13 AM, White Owl said:

It worked for one or two updates, but not very well. Last I checked, even the far-superior headtracking mod is inop.

Yep, KerbTrack's been dead in the water for about a year now. I haven't had the time to get it up and running, but it's proof that it's possible for a modder to do.

39 minutes ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Thanks for posting this question. I hadn't heard of opentrack, and it's motivated me to get things up and running again. KerbTrack is now up to date, and supports using opentrack via the TrackIR output setting.

Thank you! I can't wait to test it later this week!:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.