IS 1.3 Ever going to work on a MAC?

I have tried all the recommended workarounds, running from the root directory, with the -opengl flag, etc, etc.  None of them work for me.

Running macOS 10.13.3, and Kerbal ver 1.3.1

It might run for 10 minutes, or it might hang during loading.  but it always dies--just totally stops responding--with a blank screen.

Are Macs actually a supported platform anymore?

No mods.  A fresh clean install.

Computer has 16GB of installed RAM...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

A pretty standard machine, not a stripped down one.  

Edited by billsails

I have both a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air from 2015 and 2016 respectively. Both run KSP without a problem. This would seem to indicate that it is your machine that has the problem.

I also run High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102).

21 hours ago, billsails said:

No mods.  A fresh clean install.

Computer has 16GB of installed RAM...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

A pretty standard machine, not a stripped down one.  

Hmm.... I'm blank, sorry.

14 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

It's High Sierra. That's the problem.

err.... no... the problem is Kerbal...

If it does turn out that Kerbal can't work with the current version of macOS, then good-bye Kerbal. I am certainly not rolling back all the security updates just to play a game... even if it is a game I enjoy--my computer and data are too important for that.

6 hours ago, miallo said:

For me it actually works to turn of WiFi. Afterwards I could play >30h without any crash (for me there is no need for starting it with arguments, not in native fullscreen or similar). Try it out!

Holy crap...  That fixed it!  Not only is it now stable, it runs a lot faster and smoother!  

So much for all the other experts...  How come this is not at the top of the sticky thread about macOS problems????

I really do miss the long gone days when an Apples "just worked" and fussy crap like this was reserved for Microsoft machines.

4 hours ago, billsails said:

Holy crap...  That fixed it!  Not only is it now stable, it runs a lot faster and smoother!

It was quite funny. I bought the game on Steam and played it for two hours or so and was about to return it since it was unplayable. But then I needed to go on a train journey and just gave it one last shot. It worked perfectly fine then and it turns out: at my destination I had internet, but it was slow (200kbps at max). That also seems to resolve this issue...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.