[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'NAM' 2.0.12

hraban

9 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya - I downloaded NAM and Core from Spacedock, and CSA_Contrares_NAM-2.0.9.zip does not contain any sample craft. Are the old ones available anywhere? Thanks! Having fun checking out your mod :)

uhm, right!

As soon as I find time this weekend, new craft files will be created and made available via GitHub (Link see OP).

6 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Thanks, that would be awesome -- but also, no one is in a hurry, so please take whatever time you need. It's just cool to see how the creator intended the parts to be used.

Set of Craft-Files on GitHub plus a little pre-Christmas present ;)

Btw.: the Service Module for C-Orion comes out of the Mod MEU

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, rib3irojr said:

oh my god, the aerodynamics of dreamcrusher is so so bad, I can't have a good reentry.

Well, if you attribute the problem to your god, then CSA is off the hook. ;)

This is probably less due to aerodynamics than to an unbalanced mass distribution during flight preparation. It should also be noted that aerodynamic mods like FAR are not compatible with one-piece CSA gliders. With this knowledge in the background, a prototypical re-entry with an angle of attack of 35 - 40° is possible, which is slowly and automatically reduced to 10 - 15° as the entry speed is reduced. After the re-entry, the flight characteristics are quite demanding and by no means realistic due to the lack of rudder, just as the suitability of KSP as a flight simulator is more than questionable.
It has already been pointed out elsewhere that all sub-mods of CSA are in a revision phase and the space gliders will be completely removed, if not improved with overseeable effort.

12 hours ago, hraban said:

Well, if you attribute the problem to your god, then CSA is off the hook. ;)

This is probably less due to aerodynamics than to an unbalanced mass distribution during flight preparation. It should also be noted that aerodynamic mods like FAR are not compatible with one-piece CSA gliders. With this knowledge in the background, a prototypical re-entry with an angle of attack of 35 - 40° is possible, which is slowly and automatically reduced to 10 - 15° as the entry speed is reduced. After the re-entry, the flight characteristics are quite demanding and by no means realistic due to the lack of rudder, just as the suitability of KSP as a flight simulator is more than questionable.
It has already been pointed out elsewhere that all sub-mods of CSA are in a revision phase and the space gliders will be completely removed, if not improved with overseeable effort.

it was actually just an everyday expression. I have no god to relate to, anyway, thanks for support me and tell me the steps to make a good re-entry!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Foefue said:

Quick question, what parachute from the CORE Mod does the C-Orion use?

Not so quick but an aswer :)

Use 3x 35m low mount parachutes and 1x 12m low mount Drogue-Chute.

• 6 months later...
45 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@hraban

Is there any chance you will update the image links in the OP?

I can't see the pictures.

Also, can I delete parts of the mod without it breaking? I really only want to use the spaceplanes. (X15, X37b, DynaSoar, DreamChaser)

I'm changing the URL's of a few images in the OP. Please check if the problem still exists.

Of course you can remove components from the sub-mod and if you approach it carefully and with the necessary basic knowledge there is no danger of damaging anything. However, this will void any warranty and support.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

As of this moment, your image links work but the forum software insists on displaying a broken image icon next to them all. This is Chrome on Windows.

LlscFRy.png

sorry about that, maybe it helps to clear the browsercache or to use a less buggy or more recent browser. It's not in my hands and everything works correctly in the browser i use.

I got this mod because it was the only one with a really good Dreamcha*crusher model and I got a couple of questions regarding it:

1)  What is the story with the interiors, or lack thereof? (I don't have any interiors, I am not sure if its on me or not.)

2)  Will you have LFO tanks and appropriate sized motor added to the space plane, since its IRL counterpart has them?

3)  The IRL spacecraft can carry up to 7 people, will the mod reflect that in the future?

4)  Will you be working on a cargo module in the future to reflect the IRL spacecraft?

5)  Will you make landing gear that better reflect the design of the IRL ones?

9 hours ago, sniperplane said:

I got this mod because it was the only one with a really good Dreamcha*crusher model and I got a couple of questions regarding it:

1)  What is the story with the interiors, or lack thereof? (I don't have any interiors, I am not sure if its on me or not.)

2)  Will you have LFO tanks and appropriate sized motor added to the space plane, since its IRL counterpart has them?

3)  The IRL spacecraft can carry up to 7 people, will the mod reflect that in the future?

4)  Will you be working on a cargo module in the future to reflect the IRL spacecraft?

5)  Will you make landing gear that better reflect the design of the IRL ones?

1. so far there are placeholders for the kerbals in the manned version. An interior is not feasible with the available resources.

2. the model is equipped with monopropellant and can be equipped with engines from the CORE. If you absolutely want to change to LF/O, adjust the CFG file.

3. the manned version can carry 6 kerbals, more can't be stuffed in by any stretch of the imagination.

4. an external orbital or cargo module is not planned yet.

5. not in the near future.

All CSA Contares mods have been under complete revision for quite some time. Thanks to several bugs in the version 1.11.1 and questionable improvements, the revision will take some more time.
Whether the space gliders will be continued at all depends primarily on my time and motivation, the latter is directly linked to the interest and participation of the community.

There may be an interim or compatibility update in the next few weeks, possibly using the effect mod Waterfall instead of Real-Plume.

33 minutes ago, sniperplane said:

Thanks for the response, however when I said I don't have interiors, I meant no interiors whatsoever, literally empty, no place holder nothing, just a transparent empty interior, with kerbal's sitting about.

Completely correctly identified, except for the seats and the kerbals, there is no interior.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:26 PM, hraban said:

maybe it helps to clear the browsercache or to use a less buggy or more recent browser

it might be sort of a general problem - the forums use SSL and are requesting images from your server using SSL and not getting back an SSL answer, and so it downgrades to HTTP and is therefore flagged by the browser. At least I think that's what's up. My browser logs all kinds of ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR lines for assets it attempted to load from your server. There's probably some security setting I have too tight, but since it's literally only your posts, and only the images, it's not really an issue.

Spoiler

rfMUqSw.png

edit: forgot to mention i can still load images from your server i just have to explicitly load the image URL in a new window that doesn't care about SSL - simple workaround when I've needed to see your images :)

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 3:07 PM, hraban said:

All CSA Contares mods have been under complete revision for quite some time. Thanks to several bugs in the version 1.11.1 and questionable improvements, the revision will take some more time.
Whether the space gliders will be continued at all depends primarily on my time and motivation, the latter is directly linked to the interest and participation of the community.

There may be an interim or compatibility update in the next few weeks, possibly using the effect mod Waterfall instead of Real-Plume.

Space gliders are some of the best things. They have good aerodynamic characteristics for a smooth descent into the atmosphere, and they are also very beautiful (DreamChaser, Klipper). It's just that Contares is a special mod that will either force you to play in the warehouse, or rebalance it to x2.5 on its own, several people will go for such a feat (including me) I think because of this and the low popularity of the mod. But Contares is the best I've ever seen, because it allows you to collect a collection of space technology from the whole world and not just one country. Therefore, I wish you every success and look forward to the update from waterfall. It seems that Zorg has already created exhaust templates for various fuels.

Spoiler

ps. sorry for bad english

Edited by Perantor

On 2/22/2021 at 7:55 AM, Perantor said:

Space gliders are some of the best things. They have good aerodynamic characteristics for a smooth descent into the atmosphere, and they are also very beautiful (DreamChaser, Klipper). It's just that Contares is a special mod that will either force you to play in the warehouse, or rebalance it to x2.5 on its own, several people will go for such a feat (including me) I think because of this and the low popularity of the mod. But Contares is the best I've ever seen, because it allows you to collect a collection of space technology from the whole world and not just one country. Therefore, I wish you every success and look forward to the update from waterfall. It seems that Zorg has already created exhaust templates for various fuels.

Reveal hidden contents

ps. sorry for bad english

... no apology is necessary, my English is not much better.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.