[1.12.x] CSA Contares 'NAM' 2.0.12

hraban

2 hours ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Can we get a fitted decoupler for the Dream Chaser like in the concept?

*snip*

Theoretically, almost everything is possible, but the configuration shown makes little sense. The Atlas launcher would not cope with the lift forces of the Dream Chaser without additional controls. The same applies to Globus and Dream Crusher (with unfolded wings). Furthermore, Dream Chaser in this configuration had too low performances for longer operations.

A corresponding adapter is therefore possible but runs on a low priority.

• 1 month later...

@hraban There are landing gear and skids for the DreamCrusher or they come within the ship? I found any =/

Tried in a 1.4.3 (sorry, the only 1.4 era that I have) install with only CSA CORE, MEU, NAM, PROBES and EYE and the dependencies (re-downloaded them all).

Thanks

5 hours ago, VaPaL said:

@hraban There are landing gear and skids for the DreamCrusher or they come within the ship? I found any =/

Tried in a 1.4.3 (sorry, the only 1.4 era that I have) install with only CSA CORE, MEU, NAM, PROBES and EYE and the dependencies (re-downloaded them all).

Thanks

DreamCrusher has no special landing gear or skids.

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Mecripp said:

Hello Mecripp!

HAAS / ARCA projects were part of the first CONTARES mods at a relatively early stage. Up to version 1.8.9 there was a project study of the ARCA 2B with capsule system for suborbital flights. After the parts of suborbital launchers have a short half-life cycle and also no requests from the users appeared, all HAAS / ARCA components with the mod splitting were removed.

Since 2016 the presentation of HAAS / ARCA has changed drastically. The projects refer almost exclusively to demonstrators.

Under these circumstances CSA Contares does not implement HAAS / ARCA components.

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, teensarlacc said:

does this mod also add landing pads for the "Falke X" recovery?

For such components there are mods which are based on Kerbal Construct. CSA Contares only supplies spacecraft and launchers and all accessories.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

the starliner service module...is there a solar panel for use on the back plate or no? I ask as I've seen quite a few other mods(attempts I should say really) that have had one.

According to the more than poor information about Boeing's CST-100, a solar system is planned at the rear of the orbital module, but is to be installed for mission reasons.
For CSA Contares NAM CST-101 i recommend the use of square radial solar panels (CSA Contares CORE) in a cross-shaped arrangement of 5 elements.

Cross shaped, Roger. Though I wonder why they didn't just put a ring of solar cells around the service module... Only a full ring unlike the half ring on the dragon for example..that way no matter which direction the the service module is facing sunlight still contacting somewhere along the solar ring.

Posted via my tablet.

15 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

Cross shaped, Roger. Though I wonder why they didn't just put a ring of solar cells around the service module... Only a full ring unlike the half ring on the dragon for example..that way no matter which direction the the service module is facing sunlight still contacting somewhere along the solar ring.

Posted via my tablet.

It is really easy to answer the question why CST-100 does not have solar panels around the rounding of the orbital module:

The solar panels would be exposed to strong aerodynamic forces during launch, which would require heavier, protected panels. In addition, radial mounting has several disadvantages. At least 50% of the solar panels, even with optimal positioning, would be ballast because not facing the sun. The irradiation angle would also result in 50% of the solar irradiated area being able to provide less than 50% of the rated power.

6 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

@hraban would the solars in question be the c-sppt-2 or the c-sspt-1 solar panels? I'm performing a mid life cycle refit of my booster stack and decided to install upgraded solar capability on the starliner's service module. 

We recommend the use of type C-SPPT-2.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, NapalmPK said:

I can't load several crafts files. Says missy REX.MONOP. Reinstalled several times. Same error.

So far I haven't found the time to update the craft files. Some of the engines used in the CAS-NAM craft files come from the CSA-MEU and CSA-NBS submods. Unfortunately I haven't created any NAM-engines yet, so you'll have to build the space shuttles / gliders and rocket planes yourself.

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.