KSP Weekly: A Jovian Pioneer

SQUAD

5 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Suit/Uniform switching requires the DLC. That has been announced in previous KSPW's.

does this mean that if a mod currently allows for suit switching it can't be updated to 1.4 because it would mean potentially bypassing the need of the DLC?

3 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

But now the thing the button affects, the suit, is as far away from the button as possible.

Maybe if the hanger was to the left of the suit?

Maybe clicking on the picture of the Kerbal in the suit would change it.  Maybe it doesn't even need a new icon.

5 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Maybe clicking on the picture of the Kerbal in the suit would change it.  Maybe it doesn't even need a new icon.

I was just thinking that before I read your post. Great minds think alike. I suppose it would need a tooltip or people wouldn't realize they could do that

Edited by StrandedonEarth

18 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I was just thinking that before I read your post. Great minds think alike. I suppose it would need a tooltip or people wouldn't realize they could do that

22 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I Would have to say that that is not very intuitive. I mean, we have always seen those little image of the Kerbals, what would make people know about that function without having some sort of icon? I don’t think anybody’s first thought would be “oh, click the Kerbal to change suits”. 

41 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I Would have to say that that is not very intuitive. I mean, we have always seen those little image of the Kerbals, what would make people know about that function without having some sort of icon? I don’t think anybody’s first thought would be “oh, click the Kerbal to change suits”. 

That is correct. How would the user know to click the icon? if there is no visual cue.

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

does this mean that if a mod currently allows for suit switching it can't be updated to 1.4 because it would mean potentially bypassing the need of the DLC?

It means the stock suit changing functionality and the new suits are only available if the DLC is installed.

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It means the stock suit changing functionality and the new suits are only available if the DLC is installed.

I understand that,

let me rephrase my question I probably wasn't clear.

will a mod that currently allows for suit switching be not allowed to be updated for KSP 1.4 because it would mean potentially bypassing the need of the DLC?

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I understand that,

let me rephrase my question I probably wasn't clear.

will a mod that currently allows for suit switching be not allowed to be updated for KSP 1.4 because it would mean potentially bypassing the need of the DLC?

No. Because the mod you are referring to does it's own thing, and it can continue to do it's own thing in 1.4+. However, it will probably need some change to cater for how it works alongside the new DLC feature for those that have the DLC installed.
(Edit) - to clarify the stock feature does not replace textures like the mod does. It has new models.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

No. Because the mod you are referring to does it's own thing, and it can continue to do it's own thing in 1.4+. However, it will probably need some change to cater for how it works alongside the new DLC feature for those that have the DLC installed.
(Edit) - to clarify the stock feature does not replace textures like the mod does. It has new models.

I'm fine with that, I just wanted to make sure it's not against the new terms of agreement that seems a bit less permissive than before.

thanks for your reply :)

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I'm fine with that, I just wanted to make sure it's not against the new terms of agreement that seems a bit less permissive than before.

thanks for your reply :)

I wasn't talking about EULAs. I have no comment on those.

ps4: I currently have 30 active flights, space stations, outposts, landers, a ton of satellite relays. I am very deep into career mode. I have not seen one bug since patch. Not to say they don't exist or I cringe a bit when I save after time warping (which hasn't failed yet, but wasn't mentioned as fix in the original patch notes). But it really has been like butter after the patch on console. Basically what I am saying is I can't break the game.  And boys and girls am I trying. I have noticed a few things that makes you question things. Like the yoda force sometimes that just hates to allow you to set the gimbal to your maneuver,  literally a magnetic force to stop you from putting the dot on the dot. But that is small potatoes compared to what console players have waited for. Guys and gals, I think it is here. Kerbal Space Progam on console is starting to be awesome! 

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

ok, so we have a page and a half of a discussion about how the UI to change the kerbal's suits isn't optimum...  lol... first world problems.

and a developer actually got involved... part of the discussion even. 

so, what are we doing for consoles?  

the patch is last weeks news,  "to see the patch notes click here"  yeah - we got that already 

I waited a week for a rehash of last week's weekly update? that's all you care to share with us?  

how about letting us know IF the making history expansion is part of the  plan for consoles? 

failing that, at the very least how about letting us know when you plan to patch some of the minor issues that didn't seem to get fixed in the patch?

I love being a second class citizen...  

whaaaa? wuzzat?   crickets... its probably crickets I hear. 

7 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

ps4: I currently have 30 active flights, space stations, outposts, landers, a ton of satellite relays. I am very deep into career mode. I have not seen one bug since patch. Not to say they don't exist or I cringe a bit when I save after time warping (which hasn't failed yet, but wasn't mentioned as fix in the original patch notes). But it really has been like butter after the patch on console. Basically what I am saying is I can't break the game.  And boys and girls am I trying. I have noticed a few things that makes you question things. Like the yoda force sometimes that just hates to allow you to set the gimbal to your maneuver,  literally a magnetic force to stop you from putting the dot on the dot. But that is small potatoes compared to what console players have waited for. Guys and gals, I think it is here. Kerbal Space Progam on console is awesome! 

those precision controls work yet? 

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

The team also added an “Author” field to the Mission Briefing tab, so that creators are properly credited for their missions.

That's a positive signal for all of us who are concerned about the new EULA. Thank you for that.

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

who should I ask if I have some doubts about what is allowed and what it isn't under the new EULA?

Well, since Squad probably has no authority to answer since it's Take-Two's EULA, and since I doubt that Take-Two would respond with anything other than a canned answer, I'm going to say: no one.

You're probably better off begging forgiveness than asking permission.

And even if they gave you permission it seems doubtful that they'd be obligated to honor it.

28 minutes ago, Farm Buyer said:

ok, so we have a page and a half of a discussion about how the UI to change the kerbal's suits isn't optimum...  lol... first world problems.

and a developer actually got involved... part of the discussion even. 

so, what are we doing for consoles?  

the patch is last weeks news,  "to see the patch notes click here"  yeah - we got that already 

I waited a week for a rehash of last week's weekly update? that's all you care to share with us?  

how about letting us know IF the making history expansion is part of the  plan for consoles? 

failing that, at the very least how about letting us know when you plan to patch some of the minor issues that didn't seem to get fixed in the patch?

I love being a second class citizen...  

whaaaa? wuzzat?   crickets... its probably crickets I hear. 

those precision controls work yet? 

Buddy, I get it. And you are totally right. I don't know how to use precision controls because I am now only playing the game to the fullest. What The hell are precision controls? (Proud noob). I would love to know. Not being a jerk, that sounds important, but I feel that we are reaching the point where we will be talking about ascent vehicles off of eve instead of crippling bugs. If you think I am a fan boy just ask any moderator around here. I am behind you 100% and I encourage you to stand up and ask for what you were promised. But you have to admit the game on console has gotten way better in the last week or so after patch. I'm not saying the release of it was right, but man it is fun.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

@Farm Buyer

I appreciate that you're still hopeful for an answer. Welcome to how Squad publishes information. This is just pretty much how it's always been. Except now Take-Two are the ones who decide what Squad announces and makes. Since Take-Two doesn't really have a presence here, all you can do is hope Squad passes along the message and hope someone at Take-Two cares.

To be fair, if Squad were still calling the shots the only answer you'd get about future plans is the same answer they've been giving:

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:
We want once more to reiterate our commitment to continue supporting Enhanced Edition.

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

what would make people know about that function without having some sort of icon?

Because there's nothing like that in the game already. :wink:

Edited by klgraham1013

2 hours ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

ps4: I currently have 30 active flights, space stations, outposts, landers, a ton of satellite relays. I am very deep into career mode. I have not seen one bug since patch. Not to say they don't exist or I cringe a bit when I save after time warping (which hasn't failed yet, but wasn't mentioned as fix in the original patch notes). But it really has been like butter after the patch on console. Basically what I am saying is I can't break the game.  And boys and girls am I trying. I have noticed a few things that makes you question things. Like the yoda force sometimes that just hates to allow you to set the gimbal to your maneuver,  literally a magnetic force to stop you from putting the dot on the dot. But that is small potatoes compared to what console players have waited for. Guys and gals, I think it is here. Kerbal Space Progam on console is starting to be awesome! 

I really appreciate the comment. Glad you are enjoying KSP in consoles. 

9 hours ago, Mako said:

Well, since Squad probably has no authority to answer since it's Take-Two's EULA, and since I doubt that Take-Two would respond with anything other than a canned answer, I'm going to say: no one.

You're probably better off begging forgiveness than asking permission.

And even if they gave you permission it seems doubtful that they'd be obligated to honor it.

I don't work like that

If there's no word on what is allowed and what is not allowed I'm not going yo risk breaking the terms of agrerment/eula.

I can just make mods for my own enjoyment without sharing them on the internet

57 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't work like that

If there's no word on what is allowed and what is not allowed I'm not going yo risk breaking the terms of agrerment/eula.

I can just make mods for my own enjoyment without sharing them on the internet

Don't worry.  I'm sure they'll get back to you with a plain English, non-legalize, PR-free response.

29 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Don't worry.  I'm sure they'll get back to you with a plain English, non-legalize, PR-free response.

you can be sarcastic about it, it doesn't change the fact that if I am not sure about what constitutes breaking the terms of agreement I am not going to do anything that might

if other modders are fine with doing that more power to them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.