VSO very small orbiter [stock]

qkn07Rp.png

nHJRSu2.png

If you are playing a career game there are things that matters: cost, research, safety, effectiveness. 
In my game I imposed myself to make crew rotations on long term station, to minimize cost you need ssto but effective SSTO will come with R.A.P.I.E.R. engines that are very expensive engine.
This SSTO is my answer. It flies almost 20/30 times and this is the perfected version.

Is cheap and does need high research elements such as R.A.P.I.E.R. engine but still perfect in its role mission task: safely bring a 3 member crew to/from any Orbital Kerbin station without refuelling.

It reach  100/100 LKO with remaining 1300 ms  of DV enough to reach also any Mün or Minmus station.

Safe. the orbiting ascend is made in only four manoeuvres:

• a) take off rotation to 10° ascend angle, 
  • b) switch to aereospike at 1380 ms
  • c) shutdown engine when reached your goal apoapsis
  • d)  circularise .

Safe on reentry: once you made your preferred deorbit burn just set your VSO to orbit RAD+ with 0 rotation and wait unti il speed slow down, once you regain a correct flying asset you will bless it's almost perfect balanced flying performance: that will allow you to safe land your crew on runaway.

Commands:

1 toggle ramjet

2 toggle aereospike

5 toggle cargo doors, antenna and docking

Imgur image album

Craft File

Project

Edited by pinolallo
Updated craft file

4 hours ago, pinolallo said:

VSO very small orbiter [stock]

I like it. Small and to the point.

One tiny comment though: it's not stock. There's a part on the craft called 'AES.Outrigger' that prevents it from loading in a pure stock game. I don't know what that part is or does, but it has the docking port surface attached to it, so when I edited the file manually to remove it, the craft also lost the docking port.

2 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

I like it. Small and to the point.

One tiny comment though: it's not stock. There's a part on the craft called 'AES.Outrigger' that prevents it from loading in a pure stock game. I don't know what that part is or does, but it has the docking port surface attached to it, so when I edited the file manually to remove it, the craft also lost the docking port.

Thanks for the advice, Il will immediately change that part and update the file.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very nice

Thanks you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.