[1.5.X] Capsule Corp. Exploration ( Moon Village )

Gabu

BNtsLVi.png

Release v0.1 (Beta)

Hi guys!! Here's some work i'v beem on this weekends! It's some "compact" version of a moon base fully functional, with few parts and functional as hell!! :)

Only have 3 models until now, an Science Lab, a Mining Facility and GreenHouse (because its pretty, that's all... :) ). This is the ESA concept for a moon base that i really enjoy and like how it looks!

This base's features where made for land build with KAS and KIS! Enjoy!

Modules:

ve7Igimm.png  pycq2Bcm.png  AhWxsH2m.png  

on7LP5tm.png  7GtKiHDm.png  ZggQyrZm.png  

K3L3i8vm.png  CyagoyGm.png

"Interactive Interiors":

Science Lab:

r0VKpfnm.pngH833JjXm.pngSp7fLj1m.pngYoJjo3pm.png

GreenHouse: 

NRVr7Vam.pngS4OpuRim.png8Sws1iDm.png

Mining Facility:

ua1sR8Fm.png0Y0LD4fm.png1ej8HMCm.png

Ground Solar Panels:

sAvapYrm.png WHmUkR1m.png

Altair Lander - "Big Boy"! (Up to 8 Kerbals)

DGYvvCEm.pngSrr5lgAm.pngVXNY4eNm.pngb3sYwQMm.pngRm5sUiSm.png

Download Link (SpaceDock)

I remember, this is an early release, bugs are expected! If you report it here, I'm gonna be glad to help and fix it! :)

The KSP P.R. don't allow cameras on kerbal's room's, so, this mod, for now won't have an IVA!

Known Bugs:

- Mining facility - on reload you have to expand the base again... some problem with the mining modules of KSP. Don't know how to solve it yet...

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Other CC's Mods:

Edited by Gabu

AND...we can actually execute the whole dirt cover in the VAB!  As opposed to having to "launch" it.  Very nice.

BTW, considering that you've also created the Mars/Duna base and lander, you might want to create a variant with reddish dirt.

Wow this is so nice! I will be adding this to my install and will build my Mun base! (After I am able to stop crashing on the Mun)

On 3/4/2018 at 9:30 AM, Gabu said:

The KSP P.R. don't allow cameras on kerbal's room's, so, this mod, for now won't have an IVA!

I really like the reason you stated here for why there's no IVA :D 
QQ though, since you said for now, am I right to assume that there will be in the future?

Thanks a lot and will be looking forward to using this mod! :)

On 07/03/2018 at 8:39 PM, guesswho2778 said:

are there going to be rover bay covers that more rectangular in shape instead of circular 

The workshop (Module 4) that was on release it's made for this. But I included him (and the door) by accident on 1st release.

14 hours ago, johnkeale said:

Wow this is so nice! I will be adding this to my install and will build my Mun base! (After I am able to stop crashing on the Mun)

I really like the reason you stated here for why there's no IVA :D 
QQ though, since you said for now, am I right to assume that there will be in the future?

Thanks a lot and will be looking forward to using this mod! :)

Thank you man! Yeah, i'll make some IVA's and alternative textures for cover (to match with others moons and planets), but I'm gonna wait for 1.4 release to use the squad functions as well.

I was finally able to land on the moon, so I am now planning my Mun Base, and I will really include your mod. Thanks for all the hard work!

10 hours ago, Gabu said:

Thank you man! Yeah, i'll make some IVA's and alternative textures for cover (to match with others moons and planets), but I'm gonna wait for 1.4 release to use the squad functions as well.

Will be looking forward to that! :)

I am not planning on updating to 1.4. anytime soon, so I hope that the next update will be backward compatible. (Not forcing or anything, just stating my thoughts.)

Btw, are there plans to add compatibility to the various Life Support mods? I personally use Snacks, so it would be really great to have compatibility. But it is great enough as it is, so no need to worry!

Cheers~

9 minutes ago, johnkeale said:

Hi @Gabu!

I'm now ready to build my Mun base, so I'm testing out your parts before deploying them. I just hit a snag where it seems that the Surface Harvester is not touching the ground. I have no idea why this happens. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers~

Hi @johnkeale ! No idea... here it works fine.... wich version are you using?

9 hours ago, Gabu said:

Hi @johnkeale ! No idea... here it works fine.... wich version are you using?

My KSP is version 1.3.1.1891 right now.

My previous test was with my normal playthrough, as such I have lots of mods installed. I thought that might be the case so I started from scratch. 

I have a backup of the game before I installed mods. So I copied that, installed Capsule Corp Moon Village 0.1 and Vessel Mover 1.5.1.3 (to make testing easier). I selected the Mining Facility on SPH, filled it with Kerbals (made sure to add an engineer). On the runway, I simply used Vessel Mover to move the capsule (not yet inflated) to the ground nearby. I inflated it there, deployed the drill, still same results.

Then I thought maybe moving it with Vessel Mover caused the issue, so I removed Vessel Mover, installed KIS (for an entirely unrelated test) and did the same. On the runway, I moved the not yet inflated capsule to the ground nearby, inflated it, deployed the drill. And well, still no surface contact.

I wonder what's wrong :confused:

Edit:

Huh. I tried restarting KSP. I loaded my save and re-inflated the capsules (because they get deflated upon reload right?) I left the drills deployed before so when I re-inflated the capsule, the drills are already deployed. I tried starting surface harvesting, and well it worked!

Now if I try to retract the drill, then deploy it again, I get the 'no ground contact' status again.

I tried quicksaving, quickloading, then I re-inflated the capsule, then start surface harvesting again, and it worked. Maybe it's related to the issue where the mining facility gets deflated on reload?

Edited by johnkeale

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.