Met Nichelle Nichols!

MaxwellsDemon

My wife gave me a very nice Christmas present this year that I just received today:  a VIP pass for a photo and autograph with Nichelle Nichols!  This was at Wizard World in Cleveland.  She was very friendly and gracious, and, if she saw anything wrong with my somewhat-hastily-thrown-together TOS uniform, she didn't let on.  I'm sure she's already seen every variation under the sun...   :D

That's awesome!  I've met a couple of Star Trek celebs, somewhere there's a picture of me when I was 5 or 6 with either George Takei or Jimmy Doohan.  I know I've at at least seen her at a convention, but I have no idea if I ever spoke to her.

14 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That's awesome!  I've met a couple of Star Trek celebs, somewhere there's a picture of me when I was 5 or 6 with either George Takei or Jimmy Doohan.  I know I've at at least seen her at a convention, but I have no idea if I ever spoke to her.

I heard James Doohan and Gene Roddenberry speak when they came through Columbus a generation or so ago, but I didn't get to actually shake their hands or talk to them.

My wife and I were somewhat amused to see that in the separate photos that I, she, and the kids had with Nichelle, Ms. Nichols struck a pose and expression so identical that it could nearly have been a cardboard cutout we were getting our pics taken with.  This is a woman who has had her picture taken many, many, many ^3 times...   

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.