Poll: Are you buying the "Making History" DLC?

Yakuzi

Poll: Are you buying the "Making History" DLC?  

444 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the Making History DLC?

• Yes, just shut up and take my money!
    • Yes, I'm getting it for free since I bought KSP before May 2013
    • Maybe, I'll check out the reviews/bug reports first
    • No, I dont have the funds
    • No, the DLC content doesn't appeal to me
    • No, I can't accept the new EULA and may have to stop updating/playing KSP altogether
    • Other (please post below)

Whelp, it looks like my Steam account got the expansion automatically as I'm a long time player.  But my wife's account didn't, so I've bought another expansion as a gift.  May even do the same for my brother. 

Whatever your feelings may be on who owns who these days, and where the money goes.. I've got so so much more than my money's worth out of this game with the hours I've put into it.  I'm happy to put a few more dollars in the hope that development may go on just a little bit longer.  Keep up the good work guys!  I'll get back to building a new plane, and a rocket .. then constructive stuff like another multi-missile launcher.  hehe.  (You guys should try crazy stuff like that.  It's a lot of fun.) :D

Is a reply from squad about the EULA even coming?

Just now, TKO said:

Whelp, it looks like my Steam account got the expansion automatically as I'm a long time player.  But my wife's account didn't, so I've bought another expansion as a gift.  May even do the same for my brother. 

Whatever your feelings may be on who owns who these days, and where the money goes.. I've got so so much more than my money's worth out of this game with the hours I've put into it.  I'm happy to put a few more dollars in the hope that development may go on just a little bit longer.  Keep up the good work guys!  I'll get back to building a new plane, and a rocket .. then constructive stuff like another multi-missile launcher.  hehe.  (You guys should try crazy stuff like that.  It's a lot of fun.) :D

I really want too

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

But why wait for a reply?  This new update is full of parts!  More parts, more suits, more stuff! 

My most cynical take is this: Each time a new version comes out, I make a zip of it, or a copy of the directory.  If we ever get to a version that's totally messed-up our ability to mod, fine, we can go back to the last good one.  KSP and the community will go on, even if something bad eventually happens through updates.  In the mean time, I'm just gonna throw money in and see what new parts come out at the next update lottery. :D

1 minute ago, TKO said:

But why wait for a reply?  This new update is full of parts!  More parts, more suits, more stuff! 

My most cynical take is this: Each time a new version comes out, I make a zip of it, or a copy of the directory.  If we ever get to a version that's totally messed-up our ability to mod, fine, we can go back to the last good one.  KSP and the community will go on, even if something bad eventually happens through updates.  In the mean time, I'm just gonna throw money in and see what new parts come out at the next update lottery. :D

I want a reply because I'm not going to invest into a company that might sell my personal info to a 3rd Party without notifying or letting me opt out.

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I seriously, seriously doubt you'll get a reply at all, and if you do get one it will be from a lawyer and will be at least as obscure as the current EULA. Why? Because the EULA has nothing to do with them evilly stealing all your precious bodily fluids personal information, and everything to do with protecting their rights against people who may do financial harm to them. That is more important to them than not scaring you, as they feel that they have more to lose from people infringing their copyrights than not funding further development due to the EULA, and I suspect they are correct.

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I'm not going to invest into a company that might sell my personal info to a 3rd Party without notifying or letting me opt out.

While fair, you are setting yourself up for a lonely video gaming life. Similar to Take 2, you have a choice to make: Is preserving and protecting what you find personally important worth more to you than playing a game? If so, don't play the game. If not, let that important thing go.

Bought it, though I am ruined by mods like SSTU, and will likely use few of the new parts (the command pods are pretty nice, however, particularly the MEM). Still, I feel like the first time I got KSP was the deal of the century, and the least I could do was to buy it again for all the entertainment it has given me.

I might buy the DLC in the future, but it would need some updating.  The key feature is the mission builder, which is a great idea but with terrible execution.

How I think it can be improved:

-Add user created missions to contact window on career

-Allow other players to rate contracts on difficulty and overall quality

-Organize contract offers to make sense for in game progress, with top rated missions jumping to the top

-Incorporate reputation reward for mission builders, maybe use it as a multi player currency

-Be able to create single use contracts that actually effect your world.  (Offer 300k and 50 reputation for somebody to put your probe into Duna orbit)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.