Incorporating BD FPS assets into pro props

Sorabh

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to incorporate BD FPS parts into @Locob's ProProps Mod for my personal use. I have the .mu file and the textures, but for some reasons, I cant get the gun to work as intended. The kerbal makes a weird position, and then disappears!

Long story short, if I provide you with the .cfg files, .mu files and textures, can anyone configure them to work with ProProps?

Thanks!

On 3/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, Sorabh said:

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to incorporate BD FPS parts into @Locob's ProProps Mod for my personal use. I have the .mu file and the textures, but for some reasons, I cant get the gun to work as intended. The kerbal makes a weird position, and then disappears!

Long story short, if I provide you with the .cfg files, .mu files and textures, can anyone configure them to work with ProProps?

Thanks!

Hi, RE BD FPS and pro props , i believe items attach the same way , via the bone tree, so it should be a simple matter of removing all the gun information , loading items to inventory and then fitting them via the inventory window. I know that Kerbs in 1.31 still  hold the weapons correctly, of all the troubles, i've had , attachment of the weapons was a smaller one.   If you leave any of the weapon info in the files and dont have BDA installed it's likely to cause problems.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:44 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, RE BD FPS and pro props , i believe items attach the same way , via the bone tree, so it should be a simple matter of removing all the gun information , loading items to inventory and then fitting them via the inventory window. I know that Kerbs in 1.31 still  hold the weapons correctly, of all the troubles, i've had , attachment of the weapons was a smaller one.   If you leave any of the weapon info in the files and dont have BDA installed it's likely to cause problems.

I did as you instructed, is this supposed to look like this?

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
// 
// 

// --- general parameters ---
name = PEW-SMS_DesertEagle_Hand
module = Part
author = Spanner / V8Jester

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 0.8

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, -0.01, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 2100
cost = 3500
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = SMS DesertEagle AE
manufacturer = SM Solutions
description = The IMI Desert Eagle is a semi-automatic handgun notable for chambering the largest centerfire cartridge of any magazine fed, self loading pistol. Originally built by Israel Military Industries to destroy tank tread pins at close range, this pistol is the perfect representation of the term "HAND CANNON"

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.004
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 125
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
	{
	name = ModuleKISItem
	allowPartAttach = 1
	shortcutKeyAction = equip
	equipRemoveHelmet = false
	volumeOverride = 0.004
	equipable = true
	equipMode = physic
	editorItemsCategory = true	
	equipable = true
	equipSlot = rightHand
	equipMeshName = body01
	equipBoneName = bn_r_mid_a01

// Shift F/B ,Shift L/R, Shift  Up/Dn
	equipPos = (0.01,0.045,-0.06)

//ROT Up/Dn, ROT L/R, Spin
	equipDir = (0.1,87,-95)

runSpeed = 0.8
	}

}

Is this^ correct?

14 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

It looks ok, you should be aware that all the weapons have been cfg'd to be held in the right hand when the kerb is  in the using  jetpack pos ,  they do not attach properly  in any other position.

I understand...But then this happened !

zwTS8bD.png

The Kerbal takes a crazy posture when I equip him with the DesertEagle..I tried to move him, and then this happened...

PA24q3f.png

Invisible Jeb!! Sometimes, Jeb just  spaghettifies when I equip the gun...

Whats weird, that the guns from the ProProps worked just fine!

J9UQi9z.png

Help please?

Edited by Sorabh

19 minutes ago, Sorabh said:

Help please?

Hi dont know what to tell you  , though as I'm testing in the quick load build , i stuck a dev copy of FPS in there and  filled the inventory with a random selection, including the game friendly version of the pro props gun,  and without exception the worked as expected, and obviously in my case they 'work work' not just look cool.

it may be worth mentioning that i use  quite an old version of kis ( 1.76468.41490)  and that may have some relevance perhaps things have changed with the module?  but iirc pro props hasn't been touched in ages either.

HrlZjcY.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.