Visual mods packs for 2018

cicatrix

Greetings, fellow explorers.

Recently I've upgraded my PC and am planning to return to KSP after some 2 years of absence. I am a fan of various mods but first of all I plan to set up a beautiful graphics. I browsed through the addons sections and noticed that some new visual mods have appeared during my absence. So, I am just trying to save my time here and ask you what visual mods pack should I install to get the best results?

I used EVE, but now there's also SVE and I have no idea what are the differences.

Hi :)

I’m also after the same thing (I posted about 8 hours before you haha), but I haven’t been away as long so can help you out a bit. To answer your question, after looking around a bit today to refresh my memory I’m pretty sure SVE = EVE + a few other mods bundled in (like scatterer, DOE, planetshine).

I’m all about making the game look good too, my absolute must haves are:

- Real Plume (amazing mod, once you realise what engine plumes are supposed to look like in vacuum you can never go back)

- Distant Object Enhancement (DOE)

- Scatterer

- Planetshine

- Engine Lighting

- Reentry Particle Effect

...and I have previously used SVE (which is beautiful) but found a new one called Spectra which is an alternative (they don’t work together). I installed Spectra today and it looks very nice, got a great skybox which makes a big difference,  just make sure you follow the install instructions as there is a bit to it!

If you find any others I’d be keen to know!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.