Kerbal Space Program update 1.4 Grand Discussion thread.

UomoCapra

18 minutes ago, Theflyingfox said:

Amazing update, but I have an issue where the thumbnails for the top row of parts in each section has the top chopped off in the editor.

I think everybody has this bug. It is apparent on all platforms, Windows and Mac confirmed. I am a bit surprised that nobody at Squad spotted this after a year of development.

just downloaded the new update and noticed that the redesign of the Mk1-2 Command Pod has no interior and also my kerbals are not shown on the right side. pressing C does nothing but i can EVA the Kerbals trough the hatch. is this intentional?

22 hours ago, Foxster said:

Is the part sort order of "size" new?

If so - thanks. Just wish the choice could be made sticky between visits to the VAB/SPH

I've had that capability since at least 1.2.1, so no. 

50 minutes ago, Redneck said:

But rest assured one thing you can bet on that wont have a bug and thats the EULA/TOS window. Did you see that performance and shiny new GUI window? Man she sure was purdy...and bug free to. :D

Not really, after clicking it, I couldn't reply to a post till now. 

1 hour ago, mostlydave said:

The missing IVA is ridiculous, especially since the release announcement hyped the new part. Someone over at Squad should be embarrassed this build shipped.

My point exactelly. I mean come on,  we get bombarded by weekly news as if something colossal was on the works. I think the mission builder will be worth another version on its own,  but another "point something" everytime there is a new decoupler or so....? And with all this bling and confetti? 

3 hours ago, mostlydave said:

I couldn't agree more, with over a year in development the amount of bugs in this release is crazy. I cannot believe they shipped this update a few days ahead of the making history update in it's current state. The only reason I can think of to do it is to try to have the community find all of the bugs before the first DLC releases. I thought other releases were tested by the community, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

I thought of this recently as well - never saw a beta release thread for 1.4. Maybe community bug reports weren't very helpful? Still though, the very nature of this game should dictate that the more people testing the better, this community comes up with some pretty wacky stuff.

Forum readers used to know a release was close, when it hit the public-sourced "Experiemental" test phase. Though the community is full of good intentions, those bug reports were always a messy process for Squad to sort through. Squad appears to have some new help, thanks to T2.   

Hi,

Loading 1.4 stock with the Directx 11 command line causes all the parts in the editor to lose their textures. They are just a gray outline. If you select them to use, they appear in the VAB OK.

Fixed

Edited by Gilph
fixed

8 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Just watched Scott Manley preview of the MH update, it looks really exciting. I cannot wait to see what modders do with the new texture modeling. Squad I hope you are planning for more DLC in the future.

Apparently the mesh and texture switching is mostly locked out to modders ... Just what I have heard from those in the know

If this is the case I wouldn't expect much in regards to using the stock texture and mesh switching

so,   Squad/Biltworks/Take Two /whomever...  do you intend to bring the console edition up to date with 1.4?  or are we just supposed to be happy with the flawed, out of date piece of junk that you foisted off on us (again) as the so called KSP "enhanced edition"    

inquiring minds want to know. 

we already know you prefer to ignore the console guttersnipes... but hey what the hell, I might as well make a nuisance of myself until your community mods ban me, or answer my (really quite simple and very reasonable, I think) question.   

look on the bright side - at least I'm not pouting about how the 1.4 jet engines don't sound right, or the new textures don't match my shoes,  or any number of other silly complaints I've read so far in this thread... so at the very least you can  maybe throw me and my second class brethren a bone eh? 

Edited by Farm Buyer
fixed a typo

4 minutes ago, Farm Buyer said:

so,   Squad/Biltworks/Take Two /whomever...  do you intend to bring the console edition up to date with 1.4?  or are we just supposed to be happy with the flawed, out of date piece of junk that you foisted off on us (again) as the so called KSP "enhanced edition"    

inquiring minds want to know. 

we already know you prefer to ignore the console guttersnipes... but hey what the hell, I might as well make a nuisance of myself until your community mods ban me, or answer my (really quite simple and very reasonable, I think) question.   

look on the bright side - at least I'm not pouting about how the 1.4 jet engines don't sound right, or the new textures don't match my shoes,  or any number of other silly complaints I've read so far in this thread... so at the very least you can  maybe throw me and by second class brethren a bone eh? 

Consoles are going to be updated aswell

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Apparently the mesh and texture switching is mostly locked out to modders ... Just what I have heard from those in the know

If this is the case I wouldn't expect much in regards to using the stock texture and mesh switching

That part module is already part of 1.4.0, and fully available for modders to take advantage of (like any other stock partmodule).

10 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Consoles are going to be updated aswell

source? 

you don't seem to have the little orange tag that says "SQUAD staff" under your name that would indicate you actually know that... so forgive me if I remain skeptical.

since for the life of me, despite searching for information to the confirm it on the web... I have not seen anything of an "official: nature that says the developers have committed to doing exactly that. 

now, the guy in the post above this one... he could (probably) answer my question (if he's permitted to by his corporate masters) ..  question  is... Will/Can he? 

5 minutes ago, Farm Buyer said:

source? 

you don't seem to have the little orange tag that says "SQUAD staff" under your name that would indicate you actually know that... so forgive me if I remain skeptical.

since for the life of me, despite searching for information to the confirm it on the web... I have not seen anything of an "official: nature that says the developers have committed to doing exactly that. 

now, the guy in the post above this one... he could (probably) answer my question (if he's permitted to by his corporate masters) ..  question  is... Will/Can he? 

Are your corn flakes salty? Scott Manley did a preview of making History and stated that. He is pretty accurate when it comes to things, considering he has a preview. If Im wrong someone will correct me Im sure.  You can read this also

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/167097693084/ksp-weekly-expedition-1

2 minutes ago, viperwolf said:

Are your corn flakes salty?

He doesn't want to hear anyone explain how KSP development works or what the future will likely bring. He wants to demand immediate answers he knows he won't get and then rant about it. Save your keystrokes.

10 hours ago, SwissSpace93 said:

I tested the new Parachutes and landed on the VAB, it looks interesting but i need to wait for my many mods to Update.

There is something like a realPlume Smoke when flying a rocket (Without any mod), i like it :D

Any photos / videos? Haven't updated yet because I have a tons of mods.

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Oh how did I miss something this big. I guess I should get back into the game. Been playing WAAYY too much PUBG recently.

I've been doing too much Minecraft lately. I didn't notice 1.4 was out until at least a day after!

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I've been doing too much Minecraft lately. I didn't notice 1.4 was out until at least a day after!

I’ve been playing KSP a lot and still wouldn’t know if someone hadn’t told me. Didn’t seem to have much time to build up hype for this one.