New Mk 1-3 Command Pod Issues

How is it possible this update took a year to make, and they couldn't even manage to get the IVA one of the few new parts right? Now it's going to take a week to fix? I'd love to know the thought process that led to shipping this update with such a glaring bug. Did you guys just give up over at squad?

56 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

How is it possible this update took a year to make, and they couldn't even manage to get the IVA one of the few new parts right? Now it's going to take a week to fix? I'd love to know the thought process that led to shipping this update with such a glaring bug. Did you guys just give up over at squad?

Well, that is just putting the whole case out of it's context. Ofcourse it's not so handsome. But do you really think that they only fix this in the next week? 
They always launch a first version, even with known bugs, so the community can play with it. They probably have a ton of 'fixes and known bugs' on their list. They are just not important enough for the first release that will last only a week. For a release such as this, you focus on the big points. The package for this release was probably already made before they discoverd it. You've to know that releasing something isn't just replacing some files, click ok, and a minute later the release is online. That's not how all of this works.

There's a point where you put some things out, even with bugs, you can't finetune untill it's perfect. Not in a certain time. Who know's what will effect the changes you make, you'll always have to question yourself where certain 'parameters' are contrained to. Before you know it, you're 8 hours coding later.

I hope I eleborated a proces of releasing content a bit more to you, so you won't feel the need of posting such replies from now on.

Edited by DrLicor

5 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Well, that is just putting the whole case out of it's context. Ofcourse it's not so handsome. But do you really think that they only fix this in the next week? 
They always launch a first version, even with known bugs, so the community can play with it. They probably have a ton of 'fixes and known bugs' on their list. They are just not important enough for the first release that will last only a week. For a release such as this, you focus on the big points. The package for this release was probably already made before they discoverd it. You've to know that releasing something isn't just replacing some files, click ok, and a minute later the release is online. That's not how all of this works.

There's a point where you put some things out, even with bugs, you can't finetune untill it's perfect. Not in a certain time. Who know's what will effect the changes you make, you'll always have to question yourself where certain 'parameters' are contrained to. 

I hope I eleborated a proces of releasing content a bit more to you, so you won't feel the need of posting such replies from now on.

Already talked this to death on the 1.4 release thread. I understand there will be bugs, but it just seems ridiculous that the new command pod is one of the major features of the update and it's missing it's interior! Where is the testing for these releases? Didn't squad used to do test release to some modders and testers?  

3 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

Already talked this to death on the 1.4 release thread. I understand there will be bugs, but it just seems ridiculous that the new command pod is one of the major features of the update and it's missing it's interior! Where is the testing for these releases? Didn't squad used to do test release to some modders and testers?  

I bet it's just some not meant change. It was there before, but some of it probably did not get through well. You don't think they don't test anything while building it, do you? Ofcourse they do. It's to simple to say "Where is the testing for these releases". As said above, a release isn't put out of it immediately when ready. Maybe this was pre release 5 for them, in 4 was everything ok with the IVA, but something else was wrong. They changed a line of code and that code was contrained somehow to the IVA that disappeared in the 5th release, which we have now. Who knows?
Don't think so dense simple about it.

For work, I have to release a lot of content too, and it happends to often when working with a lot of parties. Some changes don't get trough when you make thing ready for a release. Even it's a major change. And even when noticed, is it worth it to change it, repackage it, test it again, put it up for release? 

I hoped that as part of the parts reskinning in 1.4 that Squad might have fixed the normals problem on the male character model (arms and backpack) that I noticed for the first time a couple of days ago. It's something that's been around since at least as early as 1.0.4.

No such luck... Val and the other female adventurers can still lord it over the guys with their nice crisp clean normals.

It's what the well dressed kerbonaut is wearing this year.

UOhf16C.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.