Important information for Anyone with incompatible saves on 1.4 (with solution)

s_powers

Hi all. 

With the addition of 1.4 update I recently had the following error message 'incompatible version of ksp' and a prompt to delete my save game. 

Needless to say, this was undesirable as I have many hours clocked on my save. 

The solution for me was to create a NEW career mode (new save). Then transfer the quicksave.sfs files from my corrupt save folder into the new game folder and load the quicksave from within the new game. Oddly the files are the exact same but KSP rejected my old save folder. (I even gave my new folder the same name)

Not sure if it was the craft files as i'm going to remove them anyway because i read they are fazing some old parts out of the game. I have no part mods anyway so it would be also odd if this was the problem.

All mods seem to work, abeit with startup error, so i don't know what the actually problem was.

Hope this saves someone the trouble of restarting their career mode.

4 hours ago, s_powers said:

All mods seem to work, abeit with startup error, so i don't know what the actually problem was.

The Kerbal Alarm Clock and Docking Navigation Indicator are borked for me. Are they working for you? I am on Mac.

You really should give mod authors a week or more to update their mods for 1.4.  Some might work, but you shouldn't be surprised that some mods will need an update to be compatible with 1.4.  This is goes doubly for mods that actually need to hook into ksp code, like kerbal alarm clock.  

Ye alarm clock is pretty messed up. blank ui for icons and time accel keep resetting to x1 when pressing keybind 'x' (or cut throttle to zero). Which makes no sense anyway because you can't time accelerate under throttle.

engineer, mechjeb and distant objects all work for me besides start up warnings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.