Looking for: realistic electrical degradation mod

mr. engino

After looking up the farthest satellite in space so far (Voyager 1, by the way), I had wondered about the possible fate of the probe. Evidently, in a few years or so, the RTGs that power the probe will degrade to the point where they can no longer power the systems necessary for both scientific devices and also communications; which leads to this question. Is there a mod that adds a degree of realism to ksp such that the solar panels and generators will degrade in efficiency to the point where they can no longer provide adequate power? I know of a few mods that add something similar (the only one I remember atm is dangit), but I'm only interested in the electrical degradation, not system failures. Also, is there a mod that alters the experiments so that they require electricity to function, just like in real life?

For time degradation, I can think of DangIt which I'm pretty sure has RTG decay (but system failures), Real Battery which give batteries more realistic behaviour (but I'm not sure if they actually degrade over time and if it affects RTGs), Kerbalism being the beast it is probably has it somewhere in its million features but you will have to put up with the 999,999 other trying to kill your Kerbals.

I don't know any mods that make science experiments cost EC though that shouldn't be too hard to implement with a cfg file.

Edited by Gaarst

DMagic experiments can require electricity - but they don't change the stock experiments.  Near Future Electrical has an optional patch that gets RTGs to decay over time - but I don't know anything that does the same with solar panels.

2 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

NearFuture Electric has an additional(optional) little patch for rtg decay

It also includes capacitors, for a more fleshed out electricity mechanic in the game. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.