List of mods compatible with 1.4

DAL59

Are you 100% certain that everything in KER works ? Did you recompile it ? Because for my mods plenty of people said they work fine and yet there were plenty of code to change...

Guys, my server still runs on a 1.3.1 folder, but I updated some mods thinking only the supported version number changed.

Now I can not load my ships, receiving mostly these errors in my logs, how can I figure out which mod is causing this?

[ERR 21:09:03.513] Exception handling event onGameSceneLoadRequested in class FlightCamera:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightCamera.SetTarget (UnityEngine.Transform tgt, TargetMode targetMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FlightCamera.SetTargetTransform (UnityEngine.Transform tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FlightCamera.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 21:09:03.515] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightCamera.SetTarget (UnityEngine.Transform tgt, TargetMode targetMode)
    FlightCamera.SetTargetTransform (UnityEngine.Transform tgt)
    FlightCamera.OnSceneSwitch (GameScenes scene)
    EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
    HighLogic:LoadScene(GameScenes)
    FlightDriver:StartAndFocusVessel(String, Int32)
    KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking:FlyVessel(Vessel)
    KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking:BtnOnClick_FlySelectedVessel()

[EXC 21:08:07.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightCamera.SetCamCoordsFromPosition (Vector3 wPos)

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

24 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Guys, my server still runs on a 1.3.1 folder, but I updated some mods thinking only the supported version number changed.

Now I can not load my ships, receiving mostly these errors in my logs, how can I figure out which mod is causing this?

KSP.log and output.log please ... please provide a link to a dropbox or similar filesharing site as copy/pasting into the forum is not ideal as most who are in the know want the actual file so it is easy to scan for the errors

12 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

KSP.log and output.log please ... please provide a link to a dropbox or similar filesharing site as copy/pasting into the forum is not ideal as most who are in the know want the actual file so it is easy to scan for the errors

DoctorDAvinci, I thank you so much for your concern, but I just deleted my log file (I now I'm stupid) since it was nearly 300mb.

But I reverted all my updates and it's fixed. The mods I reverted are;

CommunityResourcePack, PlanetaryBaseInc, NearFutureSpacecraft, 000_USITools, UmbraSpaceIndustries

I suspect PlanetaryBaseInc most between these, since it seems the most dramatic updates are than with it's latest version.

So, in conclusion, if you guys try to update these mods on a 1.3.1 folder, please beware!

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

On 3/7/2018 at 4:53 PM, DAL59 said:

1. KER

This needs to be done in the form of a Google Sheet or similar that anyone (at least just the modders) can edit. Otherwise this thread had best be locked. :wink: I don't think you're ready for the true burden of maintaining such a list, fella.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

don't think you're ready for the true burden of maintaining such a list, fella.

I have a few weeks before the updates start.   

Then its going to get... interesting

On 3/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, sarbian said:

Are you 100% certain that everything in KER works

Confirmed by Matt Lowe.

22 hours ago, DAL59 said:

I have a few weeks before the updates start.   

Then its going to get... interesting

Confirmed by Matt Lowe.

Sorry bud, but I agree with Jade. But Ill wait a few more days to see if anything changes here.

Just to put this into perspective, This is the no.1 search on google(search: KSP 1.4 mod compatibility). and the only 'confirmed mod' I see here is KER, where Ckan has at least 30 so far. Yes we got the 1.4.1 hotfix coming, but I dont find that as an excuse to wait. Not everyone is going to download the DLC, and I doubt the change between 1.4 and 1.4.1 will be extensive enough to break mods(we'll see but we already made the unity switch and that is the biggest hurdle I think) So id say if this is going to stay an active thread, it should be updated regularly until things start to slow down again sometime after the hotfix.

Sorry if I sound blunt in my post or if I hurt feelings. Just speaking my mind a bit. And trying to help.

Also..I dont know how big of a deal this will be, but Id say the addition of cross mod compatibility should be addressed too since  mods may play together differently in 1.4, I dont know, Just something I was thinking about.

So maybe something like this?

Mod -> Mod Compatibility(1.4.x)

1:

2:

3:

Mod -> KSP Compatibility (1.4.x)

etc..

Edited by Jesusthebird

Well DCK runs fine out of the box with only one caveat which is the custom editor category isn't there

I will be recompiling it soon with the shields, YCSM's and Active Camouflage (cloak) being removed and placed into a new mod called DCK FutureTech (doing this as it will need to be compiled against the next BDAc release and I wan't DCKinc to be just for switching textures and camouflage sets)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.