"Interesting" new re-entry effects

Jarin

This screenshot encapsulates everything that is wrong with the new re-entry effects:

Note how every single tank in the stack and the fairing base (despite being the same size) have their own shockwave. Note how the fairing - which should be the only thing that ACTUALLY DOES produce a shockwave, isn't. And while you can't see it in the screenshot, the shockwave emanating from the fairing base, is actually moving TOWARDS the fairing base.

D8iUBbM.png

Edited by severedsolo

6 hours ago, Delay said:

I don't get the reference...

After the War o' Wrath, when Sauron's old boss and basically Lucifer guy Melkor Morgoth was defeated by the hosts of the almost-gods and elves of the West, Morgoth was bound, tried, and thrust through something called the Door of Night into the void beyond the "walls of the world", forever guarded by the great half-elf mariner Eärendil, who personally slew the captain of Morgoth's force of giant dragons, a massive jerk named Ancalagon (who crushed three volcanoes each 5 miles wide when he fell) with his sky-ship Vingilot.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_Wrath

This sounds to me like the elves o' the West were very very technologically advanced, Vinglilot was pretty much an armed starship, and the Valar hurled Morgoth into orbit for his crimes, with Eärendil as his jailer, tasked to never give him the chance to re-enter, as well as protect the sun and moon from him.

Edited by Archgeek
'left out the word "were".

In between this, exploding landing legs, freaky wheel-suspension physics, framerate issues with the new particleFX, fairing problems, misaligned textures, and misaligned thrust, I think 1.4.2 is not so bad.

/sarcasm

I wonder when the game becomes playable again without having to look for mods and edits to fix pretty basic broken functionality.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, Archgeek said:

After the War o' Wrath, when Sauron's old boss and basically Lucifer guy Melkor Morgoth was defeated by the hosts of the almost-gods and elves of the West, Morgoth was bound, tried, and thrust through something called the Door of Night into the void beyond the "walls of the world", forever guarded by the great half-elf mariner Eärendil, who personally slew the captain of Morgoth's force of giant dragons, a massive jerk named Ancalagon (who crushed three volcanoes each 5 miles wide when he fell) with his sky-ship Vingilot.

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_Wrath

This sounds to me like the elves o' the West were very very technologically advanced, Vinglilot was pretty much an armed starship, and the Valar hurled Morgoth into orbit for his crimes, with Eärendil as his jailer, tasked to never give him the chance to re-enter, as well as protect the sun and moon from him.

I just stumbled across this discussion courtesy of an unhelpful search result, and I apologize for reviving a dead thread, but I have to give credit where credit's due... this is hands-down the dorkiest reference I've ever encountered in my thirty years of existence.  I mean, the KSP forums are chock-full of dorky references, but this one's something special.  It's so extreme that I find myself both irritated and impressed by it, haha... 

Well-played, aptly-named Archgeek.  Truly next-level.      

On 3/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, panzer1b said:

They did supposedly swap to a new particle system (shuriken), so its probably whats causing teh change, but what id like to know is why so many engines still use the same exact effect, maybee the devs could have actually taken the time to give every engine unique fx

All the oldest engines are basically unmoddable.  They need to be rebuilt from the bottom up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.