[1.4]Temporary Mk1-3Pod IVA Fix(Defunct as of 1.4.1)

5lbQGQ4.jpg

Very simple, temporarily fixes the broken IVA interior/Kerbal portrait windows on the Mk1-3 Command Pod by using the prior Mk1-2 version. Besides some very small clipping issues with the forward windows it works fine.

This is only needed until Squad updates it in the upcoming 1.4.1 patch to include it's new IVA interior.

(I basically just got sick of typing the same instructions a hundred times and figured this was easier lol.)

Update- Version 2! New features: Actually works now! :rolleyes:

Download-

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1729/TemporaryMk1-3Pod IVA FIX for 1.4

(Also available on CKAN)

Dependencies-

Module Manager (Which seems to be working just fine in 1.4.)

Instructions- Toss it in your "Gamedata" folder.

Future Plans- None, should be irrelevant in a week or so.

License under spoiler:

Spoiler

Copyright (c) 2016 Deran Berhaupt "Rocket In My Pocket"

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Special thanks to @shdwlrd for pointing out that I was forgetting an @ symbol in Module Manager.

An extra special thanks to @Darkstar616 for pointing out that it didn't actually work (sort of an important bit) because I put the wrong .cfg in the zip!

Notice: Mod now defunct as the correct IVA has been added in by Squad as of 1.4.1.

(For anyone who's curious, it was downloaded 600+ times! In the span of a week.)

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

3 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Sorry to hear that, you did get Module Manager as well yes?

Placed both in your Gamedata folder?

Extracted the .zip file?

Yepppp. Not sure what the problem could be but I guess I'll wait til they patch it.

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Oops.

This may have been my fault, I usually try to package my mods in a "dummy" Gamedata folder so it's obvious, but you don't want the folder you extract, you want the one inside it.

Should look like this:

JLqeo2u.png

Haha yeah I know, that's what my folder looks like as well. It's bound to be something wrong on my end.

47 minutes ago, Darkstar616 said:

Haha yeah I know, that's what my folder looks like as well. It's bound to be something wrong on my end.

Lol...

So I apparently forgot to put the correct version in the .zip?

Not sure what happened there...haven't had much sleep in the past few days. Updating now.

UPDATE:

Version 2 Now available!

Actually works now!

(I'd super appreciate if someone could confirm it actually works for them!)

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Can't help ya there RIMP, but I am here to give the award for the Most useful mod with the shortest lifetime.  Congrats.    Nice fix btw. 

Yep, shortest-lived most-useful mod award goes to this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.