Hello fellow KSP Players, 

I am relatively new to this game. I've play about 40 hours and just completed the rendezvous contract/mission. The last thing i got before the docking contract was the Mun landing contract. Now after completing that contract i got a new one saying to do the same thing on Mun. But when am i going to get the Minmus mission? In all tutorial series on youtube they've all gotten the Minmus Mission right after the Mun mission but i'm just not getting it. Is there any reason for that?

Thanks in Advance!

The order the Explore missions appear in is somewhat random. Essentially, after you complete any given Explore mission the game randomly picks a new one out of the pool of Explore missions it thinks you're ready to do. That pool is, in turn, determined by what missions you've completed thus far, including World's Firsts bonuses and similar automatic rewards.

Generally speaking, I usually don't bother with the Explore contracts after the very early game, as they tend to have one do some rather silly things that I'd rather not be doing. It's usually possible to function off of the income from other contracts (satellites are especially nice), and from World's Firsts bonuses.

Also, welcome to the forums! Pull up a booster, sit down, and stay awhile.

I had to complete several Mun "explore" missions before getting my first "Minmus flyby" in my current (1.3.0) career.  I suspect this is the common theme; it takes significantly more dV to get to Minmus than to the Mun (though a landing and return is actually cheaper at Minmus, because its own gravity well is so much shallower than the Mun's), and the contract system is set up to give you time to develop slightly more advanced rockets before it starts to send you there.

Greetings and welcome to the forum, @LucasCB.

Bear in mind that you can only have 1 world first contract at a time so if you already selected a WFC you need to either comlete it or fail it.

If you really want to go to Minmus next, just time-warp 3 or 4 days and check the contracts again - Repeat until you get Minmus missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.