1.4 Partial part icons on first row - MacOS

Since the update to 1.4, the icons for the parts in the first rows in each category are not showing the top half.

MacOS: 10.13.3

KSP: 1.4.0.2077 (Steam)

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/ATXLa

Starting a new career or sandbox does not fix the issue. I have removed all mods to test, it still happens.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Edited by henr1k

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

its from forcing either DirectX11 or 12, supposedly.....

I'm sorry what is that exactly? I did the test turning Anti-Aliasing on and off and the problem appeard and dissapeard.

Am I forcing DirectX? I don't know what it is. I have an i7 10gb ram with Windows 10 and pretty bad graphics card, Intel Graphics 4600.

Thank you both for your replies!

I played with the Anti Alias slider to no avail. Whether it is disabled or enabled, same result for me, partial/cut icons.

I do not have any launch command lines in place regarding DX, however I played with the -force-opengl command (as suggested in the pinned post for mac users) but that also showed no difference. Isn't DX in way connected to Direct3D where OpenGL is a different API set?

After all, it is not the end of the world. I am considering getting the DLC. Maybe that will magically fix this issue!?

13 hours ago, SebaQuiros said:

The update gave me the same problem and I run the game on Windows 10. At first it didn't happen but after I configured the graphics settings the problem appeard.

REASON FOR THE PROBLEM: I found that turning off Anti-Aliasing causes this.

I confirm that, Windows 10, top half missing with anti-aliasing disabled,
all is fine with 2x anti-aliasing. (1920x1200 resolution)

I still have this issue with 1.4.1 and the new DLC under linux . Windows users might be able to fix it by playing with the AA settings because of direct X. I don't believe that this will do anything for windows and mac users on Open GL . I'm also having the issue where the game will only run in the native resolution of your monitor and will freeze in window mode or launch black screen. I had to set my second monitor as default so I could play . My main one is a 4k panel and theirs no way my card can handle native resolution on it. I was not able to play all during 1.3.0 because squad didin't compile the new unity right for GL users. They fixed it but forgot to include some Microsoft only fonts with that release and I could not read any windows in the VAB or SPH until 1.3.1 came out. Looks like all the New Dev's are windows users? Their QA is dropping the ball. I have to just take this as Karma for all the years I ran 64bit heavily mod installs with no problem while all the windows users freaked out about no 64 bit.

Edited by Delbrutis
Fix my crappy punctuation

2 hours ago, SebaQuiros said:

I still don't understand what DirectX is...

DirectX is the name of a technology standard, that makes it easier for games programmers to draw things on the screen, generally MS Windows specific. It enables a lot of stuff.  OpenGL is a different standard that does some similar things, and is more commonly found as the default or only choice on Mac and Linux.

Edit: And I re-created this bug, by disabling anti-aliasing, like others report. W10, Nvidia GTX 660.  Looks just fine with AA 2x. That's what I had enabled before the update so I never had a reason to complain :wink:

Edited by basic.syntax

Without seeing the code, it looks to me like the whole part-icon layer is shifted down - the top is cut off, and the bottom overlaps the cost display.
Gentoo GNU/Linux, Nvidia 390.25, graphics settings (inc. AA) have no effect.
Did anyone even QA this thing on *nix?

Edited by steve_v

Hello all. We are aware of this problem and know that it affects some openGL systems. It is not apparent on all, and can also vary in severity with screen resolution or window size. We are working on identifying the cause and a possible solution. Your reports and feedback are already helping immensely. Player.log is always very useful in identifying what hardware combinations are most affected, so while they might be error free for this particular problem, the detected GPU capabilities are.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.