Will 1.4 be coming to console?

First off I appreciate that there is still a lot of work to do for a more stable build and bug hunting etc

But i would like to know if 1.4 will eventually be brought to console and/or making history expansion?

Would give us something to look forward to even if it will take up to a year to update.

If there is plans to add 1.4 to console I've been watching some YouTube vids of new  parts etc and one thing I would recomend not to include in console port is the new ability to switch between VAB and SPH instantaneously.  I can see this causing problems on console.

Any info at all would be much appreciated.

27 minutes ago, Leopard said:

you would hope there has been work to shift towards a reasonably common code base such that eventually such things roll out as soon as the console gate keepers "approve" it

Given the differences in the three platforms (Unity, PS/4, XBox-1), I would tend to doubt it.  Also, the console version has stuff the desktop doesn't have or need.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Given the differences in the three platforms (Unity, PS/4, XBox-1), I would tend to doubt it.  Also, the console version has stuff the desktop doesn't have or need.

Ture, but that doesn't mean a common code base isn't possible, you use conditional compiling to produce the different versions, means fixing a bug on one platform should sort them on the others - unless its in a platform specific bit.

Doesn't make anything automatic, but does make it a lot easier to manage updates and versioning

27 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Ture, but that doesn't mean a common code base isn't possible, you use conditional compiling to produce the different versions, means fixing a bug on one platform should sort them on the others - unless its in a platform specific bit.

Doesn't make anything automatic, but does make it a lot easier to manage updates and versioning

The problem is the interface to the underlying UI.  It's embedded throughout the program.

If Unity was available on the PS/4 and Xbox one, then it would be possible, otherwise there is an enormous amount of changes to be done

31 minutes ago, Leopard said:

That is true in theory. But look at the release pains of this game. Two different companies ported the game to the consoles. And both resulted in broken game (both times in very similar way).

What does it tell me just by common sense? Kerbal code is written in a way, that just porting a updating gui breaks lot of stuff that normally should not be broken. So it required lots of updates a patches and workarounds that are not implemented in the original PC code. As a result I can imagine the console port code is now very different from the PC code. And because it is done by different companies, I dont believe it is possible to merge it into one code. And release both versions together.

So I can imagine 1.4 is planned. But it will take some time to implement into already existing console version.

Kerbal Space program on console is written in unity, it says so when the game starts.

As for when it updates, they'll get there eventually. They'll want to have to port the version, as they are different games in essence. And that's after testing 1.4 and the Making History expansion.

I wouldn't push them, they have a lot of stuff on their hands with the PC version seeing how that's a larger player base.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.