Is there a way to make KSP run on High Sierra WITHOUT doing the 'Show Package Contents' thing?

I think I have the same problem, and the same question, so I thought I could provide some clarification. I Have a late 2012 mac mini running macOS 10.13.3 (High Sierra).

There were no problems like this using KSP version 1.3.1 and earlier, but when I updated to KSP version 1.4 the game did not launch when using the KSP.app. Just showed a black screen, but no loading bar or kerbal backgrounds.

I found somewhere that if one control clicks on KSP.app and then chose "Show package contents" from the menu, and navigate to /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/Contents/MacOS, and launch the game using the executable found there, the game would launch.

This however is a rather annoying thing to do each time one wants to launch the game. Also in my case the some settings inside the game does not stick and revert to default each time, forcing me to set the right resolution and other things each time I play. What makes things worse, is that the settings panel looks as it should when first launching the game even though the settings are not. It is only possible to set things right after first loading a save and then exiting back to main menu and then entering settings, which at that point will show their true, but wrong values that I then have to change back to the way I want them.

No idea if the two are related, but both issues showed up in for the first time in 1.4, and stayed in 1.4.1.

No log is generated when double clicking the KSP.app. However, I just remembered that for a different KSP version I had a problem that it would not launch, but back then it didn't even launch a black screen as is does now. The fix for that problem was simply to copy KSP.app to a different location on disk, removing the KSP.app inside the KSP_osx folder, and just copy back the newly created one. I did that, and everything appears to be working correctly. Might be worth a try for OP @Fireheart318 as well.

It probably isn't as interesting now, but I have a link to the log file that is created when everything works again, if something useful can be learned from it regarding why it happens. https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqonb20c6kcwl3t/KSP.log?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.