(Drop Support )[1.6.1] Antenna Helper : Math your Antenna Range and Signal Strength [v1.0.6] (29 Jan 2019)

Li0n

I can only see it in the tracking station, and even then it's not working as expected although it MIGHT be me. I can't see my WHOLE network (with all of the probes/ships/whatever) but it's still a nice thing to have.
I have a 4k resolution with scaling (not sure but maybe that's what causing the issue?) and I'm not sure what logs or where to find them.

still better then nothing having it in the tracking station.
oh and my game crashes once in a while although I'm not sure what mod causes it (as a wild guess I'll take aim at complicated visual mods and the like)

53 minutes ago, shachar2like said:

I can only see it in the tracking station, and even then it's not working as expected although it MIGHT be me. I can't see my WHOLE network (with all of the probes/ships/whatever) but it's still a nice thing to have.
I have a 4k resolution with scaling (not sure but maybe that's what causing the issue?) and I'm not sure what logs or where to find them.

Send me a screenshot of what you see.

You can find your log here : c:/Users/yourUserName/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/output_log.txt

(please zip it before you upload it, I got a small connection...)

@shachar2like and @mr. engino please post your list of mods, this issue is most likely related to another mod, comparing your two list will help find which one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, shachar2like said:

I can only see it in the tracking station, and even then it's not working as expected although it MIGHT be me.

Same problem here. Button only appear in the tracking station and vab.

But i have also many mods installed.

Logfile is here: Logfile

Thats my Gamedata folder:

000_Toolbar
000_TRR_Config
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
Ablative-Airbrake
AdjustableModPanel
AirplanePlus
AlternisKerbolFlags
AntennaHelper
AntennaSleep
AstronomersVisualPack
AviationLights
B9PartSwitch
BetterBurnTime
BZ-1
Chatterer
ClickThroughBlocker
CommNetConstellation
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CommunityTraitIcons
ConnectedLivingSpace
ContractConfigurator
ContractPacks
CriticalTemperatureGauge
CrowdSourcedFlags
CrowdSourcedScience
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
CustomBarnKit
DeployableEngines
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicUtilities
DynamicBatteryStorage
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Firespitter
Flags
FuseboxContinued
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
IndicatorLights
IndicatorLightsCommunityExtensions
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KerbalAtomics
KerbalConstructionTime
KerbalEngineer
Kopernicus
KramaxAutoPilot
KRASH
LoadingScreenManager
MagiCore
ManeuverNodeEvolved
Mk2Expansion
Mk3Expansion
ModularFlightIntegrator
MunarIndustries
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Nereid
PersistentRotation
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
PreciseManeuver
ProceduralFairings
RCSBuildAid
RocketEmporium
SafeChute
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
Sigma
Stock folder: Squad

StationPartsExpansion
StationPartsExpansionRedux
Strategia
SurfaceLights
SVT
TakeCommand
TextureReplacerReplaced
TrackingStationEvolved
Trajectories
TriggerTech
UAL002
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage
WaypointManager
WindowShine
[x] Science!
FinalFrontier.dat
ModuleManager.3.0.7.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
planetwikiv4.ksp
S.A.V.E.dat
toolbar-settings.dat

edit:

i found a solution for me. On a new Install (same version) with the same gamedata folder and save folder the problem dissapeared.

I changed nothing. I only copied the gamedata and save folder.

Edited by Wurmi
update problem

On 5/13/2018 at 6:18 PM, Wurmi said:

Same problem here. Button only appear in the tracking station and vab.

Thanks for the report, from your log it seems the list of flying vessel/relay created in the space center scene gets deleted. What happen when you go to the editor at first, before going to a flight scene ?

On 5/13/2018 at 6:18 PM, Wurmi said:

edit:

i found a solution for me. On a new Install (same version) with the same gamedata folder and save folder the problem dissapeared.

I changed nothing. I only copied the gamedata and save folder.

That's good to hear, but don't really help to understand what happen in the first place :confused:

@shachar2like can you try to reinstall the game too ?

On 5/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@Li0n

I just pushed a PR to update AH with the updated usage of the Toolbar Controller

Thank you very much for taking the time to doing this :) I'll make a release soon.

OK, i tried more things. Seems my savefile is somehow buged. I can recreate this only in my main save.

1. Create a vessel
  2. Launch the vessel. (Button is fine and appear in flight and map view)
  3. Go to the Space center.
  4. Go back to the launched vessel (Button disappeared in flight and map view)

If i copy my Gamedata and save folder into a new install. The Button appear again when i open my vessel. As soon as i go out to the Spacecenter and back to flight. The button disappeared again.

Do i do the same things in another save. The button not disappear. All work as expected.

Yes, AH works in the VAB and SPH.

And it is connected by DSN. But also happened to a vessel connected to relay. I don´t think it is a matter of the connection.

My Savefile

Thank you for the help.  But maybe it is just a combination of mods and this save file. So i guess it is hard to find what is the problem.

Maybe i should just start a new save and see if it is coming there also with time. :)

What else i realize, is that the button takes some seconds till it appear in flight. It is always the last that appear awhile all other mod buttons loaded already.

Antenna Helper v1.0.4 is up on GitHub, SpaceDock and CKAN soon :

**General**
* Toolbar selection are now done through Toolbar Controller gui, not in the difficulty setting, thanks @linuxgurugamer
* New dependency, ClickThroughBlocker by @linuxgurugamer all window are click through safe :-)

**Flight**

* Possible fix for Antenna Helper stop working

**DEPENDENCY**
*MUST be installed*
Toolbar Controller version 0.1.6.7 or higher
ClickThroughBlocker version 0.1.6.3 or higher

@Wurmi please report how it goes with this version.

46 minutes ago, Wurmi said:

What else i realize, is that the button takes some seconds till it appear in flight. It is always the last that appear awhile all other mod buttons loaded already.

This is expected, some of the CommNet info I need don't exist right when the scene start.

Edited by Li0n

@Li0n I never had missing button issues, but now with 1.0.4 it's gone for me in flight mode.

In Toolbar Controller it's set to be in Toolbar, but inside Toolbar's "Configure visible buttons" it's missing.

I'm not sure if this is the reason:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AntennaHelper.Link..ctor (AntennaHelper.Relay transmitter, AntennaHelper.Relay relay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.LinkPath.SetLinks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.LinkPath..ctor (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight.SetRelayList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight+<StartSecond>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This could be triggered because 3 of 4 geostationary satellites are still next to each other, with about 113 meters distance - the first is already in position.
They all have 2 relay antennas, one for the Kerbin relay channel and one for the Minmus relay channel plus the direct Kerbin channel in the probe core.

It looks like this actually - the "Bouncing signal through relay" is flickering on/off rapidly:

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jwkd78bpcbdj1j/2018-05-17_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

@Gordon Dry Thanks for the report. In the log you send me, I think you recover/destroy a vessel ? I think that's the issue, I maintain a list of all vessel that's first created when entering the space center and updated in flight/tracking station, or it should be...

I'll see what I can do about it but it may stay that way until I finish my big rewrite, the list maintenance being one of the reason of the rewrite.

As a workaround, if F5/F9 isn't enough, go back to the main menu and reload your game, it should force AH to rebuild the list.

5 hours ago, Li0n said:

I think you recover/destroy a vessel ?

I had a 4x geostationary satellites deployer core out there, after deploying them all together in a resonant orbit, I sent the core back to recover.

13 hours ago, Li0n said:

In the log you send me, I think you recover/destroy a vessel ? I think that's the issue, I maintain a list of all vessel that's first created when entering the space center and updated in flight/tracking station, or it should be...

Speaking of which, I've noticed that AntennaHelper causes a lot of these:

[ERR 23:45:46.024] Exception handling event onVesselDestroy in class AHFlight:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight.VesselDestroy (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 23:45:46.024] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        AntennaHelper.AHFlight.VesselDestroy (.Vessel v)
        EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
        Vessel:OnDestroy()

Happens mostly in flight when a vessel is destroyed (as you'd expect from the method name), though it also seems to happen randomly at times when I don't think anything's been destroyed.  I haven't noticed any problems besides the log messages, though.

10 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Speaking of which, I've noticed that AntennaHelper causes a lot of these:

Thanks for the report. Can you give a try a this version : https://github.com/Li0n-0/Antenna-Helper/archive/DEV.zip , it should fix the log spam.

17 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I had a 4x geostationary satellites deployer core out there, after deploying them all together in a resonant orbit, I sent the core back to recover.

Thanks for the clarification, as I said earlier this come from my list of in-flight ship not being populated/updated correctly. This is not something I can easily fix, it need to be rewrite, it's just not solid enough. I guess that anything that change the stat of a relay (docking/undocking to another relay, change its type to relay (or from relay), adding/removing antennas) can cause those kind of issues. Everything should go back to normal if you reload your game from the main menu.

On 5/24/2018 at 8:55 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@Li0n that issue is reproducable - as soon as the vessel in focus comes into a ~2.5 km range of another vessel, for example docking manuevers ...

The whole toolbar UI flashes, the AH icon disappears.

Thanks a lot for this info :) This should help to find out what's going on.

Suggestion: Could you integrate some of the basic functionality of this into the right click menu of the antenna.  Obviously the full window would be needed still for the advanced features.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:02 PM, Ruedii said:

Suggestion: Could you integrate some of the basic functionality of this into the right click menu of the antenna.  Obviously the full window would be needed still for the advanced features.

Thanks for the suggestion :) Maybe it's possible to change the stock info/line of the right click menu, I'll prefer that other than adding stuff. Instead of showing the "Antenna Rating" I could display the actual power of the antenna and/or the power of the vessel. And replace the "(Combinable)" (or not) by something a bit more descriptive.

As for the distance from relay and signal strength those info are already in the right click menu of the pod (I guess because they are about the whole vessel, not just an antenna).

It's a good idea but it's not high on my priority list, so don't expect it any time soon ;)

On 5/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, Li0n said:

Thanks for the report. Can you give a try a this version : https://github.com/Li0n-0/Antenna-Helper/archive/DEV.zip , it should fix the log spam.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but that dev version doesn't seem to have helped;  the exceptions still occur.

While doing a Mun landing just now, I separated my lander's lower stage and let it crash into the ground while I landed the upper stage safely.  When the lower stage hit the ground, there were two explosions in quick succession, and both produced exception messages like the one I showed earlier.  A short time later, there was a third explosion (I think from a piece of debris that'd been thrown upward and then fell back down), and it produced an exception with a few additional lines in its stack trace:

[ERR 23:27:57.474] Exception handling event onVesselDestroy in class AHFlight:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AntennaHelper.AHFlight.VesselDestroy (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 23:27:57.632] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	AntennaHelper.AHFlight.VesselDestroy (.Vessel v)
	EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	Vessel:OnDestroy()
	UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
	ProtoPartSnapshot:Load(Vessel, Boolean)
	ProtoVessel:LoadObjects()
	Vessel:Load()
	Vessel:Update()

On 5/30/2018 at 5:36 AM, Wyzard said:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but that dev version doesn't seem to have helped;  the exceptions still occur.

Thanks again for the report. If you can give a try at this version. I add what could be a fix and a few line of debug to help understand what's going on.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:46 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@Li0n just to mention that as long as several to-be-deployed or just-deployed satellites are within the 2.5 km range, the game suffers from lower fps - also without log spamming occuring.

Thanks for that info. Is it reproducible/noticeable on a stock install ? AH shouldn't behave differently with vessel in/out of physic range. Can you try to set the "Flight and MapView Seconds Between GUI Update" (in the settings menu) to 0 ? This should show if the slowdown is from the GUI or the "real" code.