(Drop Support )[1.6.1] Antenna Helper : Math your Antenna Range and Signal Strength [v1.0.6] (29 Jan 2019)

Li0n

Little heads up : I've just re-upload Antenna Helper 1.0.0 (for KSP 1.3.1) and 1.0.1 (for KSP 1.4.0) on GitHub to include Russian localization, thanks to @AlexALX.

For 1.4.1 I need to account that a game don't necessary start from the KSC, which I was relying on for making the list of flying relays in the editor, and for some stuff in the tracking station. Anyway, should come soontm    :wink:

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

So, it works but somehow I miss the button ...

Could it be that -force-glcore is the culprit?

I'll need more details, is the missing button happen on a stock install or only when AH is installed along Kerbalism ? Is it missing on all scenes ? And on which version of KSP and AH are you ?

I highly doubt the -force-glcore has anything to do with it, but if you can try run the game without it, just to be sure.

17 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

It's with Kerbalism and [...]

I did take a quick look at Kerbalism's doc and there is no chance Antenna Helper can work with it, for the moment anyway.

After I've release a version for KSP 1.4.1 I'll take a look at support for Kerbalism and RemoteTech. I don't use those mods so if you have any suggestions about what I should add to the UI please share it :)

Il y a 7 heures, Li0n a dit:

J'ai jeté un coup d'oeil au documentaire de Kerbalism et il n'y a aucune chance qu'Antenna Helper puisse travailler avec, pour le moment de toute façon.

Après avoir sorti une version pour KSP 1.4.1, je vais jeter un coup d'œil à la prise en charge de Kerbalism et de RemoteTech. Je n'utilise pas ces mods, donc si vous avez des suggestions sur ce que je devrais ajouter à l'interface utilisateur s'il vous plaît partager:)

A compatibility with Remote Tech would be extraordinary! :kiss:

Edited by doudou

Antenna Helper 1.0.2 is up, on GitHub, SpaceDock and CKAN soon

**Localization**
* Russian, thanks to @AlexALX
* German, thanks to @woeller
* French

**General**
* re-compile for KSP 1.4.2

**Flight**
* fix for AH stop working when any vessel gets destroyed

**Mission Builder**
* disabled in tracking station
* disable the flight ship list in the editor

**DEPENDENCY**
*MUST be installed*
Toolbar Controller version 0.1.5.7 or higher

This is a not quick and dirty release. I realized I heavily relied on the space center being the first scene on a game, that cause a lot of issue with the mission.

I've started to re-wrote some of the code to be more independent but there's actually a lot to be re-written (and even more if I want to be able to support mods that change the commnet) so I made this release works with the mission builder by removing everything that don't :wink: Will see later for a proper re-write from scratch...

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

So when I start building a vessel in VAB the antenna helper tells me there is no antenna and I have no communication possible - when I save the vessel, exit VAB, go back into VAB (the vessel is autoloaded then), it works.

I can't reproduce that. Tried the "regular" VAB and the mission/builder one.

Are you on KSP 1.4.2 with AH 1.0.2 ? Try to delete the AntennaHelper folder in GameData, re-download, re-install.

There was an issue like the one you described but it was fixed on AH 1.0.1.

6 hours ago, Li0n said:

Are you on KSP 1.4.2 with AH 1.0.2 ?

Yes.

I just recognized that I don't have to leave VAB and re-enter VAB, but saving the vessel and loading it is needed to make AH "see" the attached antennas.

Perhaps this issue is triggered by

but this is only a clue out of the blue - no offending meant.

2 hours ago, shachar2like said:

I can only see the antenna helper in the tracking station and I can't find the advanced menu. I can only see the kerbin planet radius range and none of my probes/relays/stations. did I do something wrong?

Maybe the window is drawing off-screen, try to delete GameData/AntennaHelper/PluginData/Settings.cfg, it will reset all the window position. Or delete the whole AntennaHelper folder and re-download/re-install, just to be sure.

PS : welcome to the forum :)

21 hours ago, shachar2like said:

but even the button isn't showing outside of the tracking station.
does it matter where I put the toolbar plugin mod? (it's in gamedata but not under the Antenna helper mod

The location of the toolbar mod does matter, your GameData folder should look like this :

1c21eng.png

Several mods may require ToolbarControl but it should be installed only once.

Make sure you don't have any duplicate (of Antenna Helper or Toolbar Control) in your GameData.

If the above don't fix your issue please send me your log, I probably don't have time to troubleshoot this before next week tho.

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi. Still looking for a pt_BR translation? If yes, I can help!

Not sure actually, @Daniel Prates are you still on it ?

I recently installed this, but for some reason the button only appears in the tracking station. Reading an above comment, I checked the config file location; I found a file called "empty". Could this be the cause of the issues?

7 hours ago, mr. engino said:

I recently installed this, but for some reason the button only appears in the tracking station. Reading an above comment, I checked the config file location; I found a file called "empty". Could this be the cause of the issues?

The "empty" file exist just to show the PluginData folder in GitHub, it can't cause any issue and can be deleted if you wish so.

For the button not appearing :

1. make sure you didn't disable AH in some scene (check the difficulty settings screen)
  2. make sure you don't have any duplicate .dll (AH and toolbarController)
  3. try on a stock install, if it works :
    * send me a log of your modded install and a list of yours mods
    if it don't :
    * send me a log of your stock install

@shachar2like any news on your side ?