(Drop Support )[1.6.1] Antenna Helper : Math your Antenna Range and Signal Strength [v1.0.6] (29 Jan 2019)

Li0n

1 hour ago, dxeh said:

just a quick question. does this work with Remote Tech?

If you look in the 'Known Issues' link on the front page it seems to imply it doesn't work with Remote Tech.

Given how much RemoteTech changes the way relays behave I wouldn't expect this to  work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

First off, thanks for a great mod, it's been of great use for me.

I've run into a weird issue where the antenna "discs" are oriented the wrong direction:

NdHUpkT.png

Any idea what could cause this? It started happening today, and I've been unable to figure out what has happened.

Edit: Ok, it seems this is related to the inclination of the selected object (a polar satellite in this case). Would be nice if we could manually change it though.

Edited by Tivec

On 3/29/2019 at 1:41 AM, MaxPeck said:

Anybody try this with Commnet Constellation?

Can confirm that this is NOT compatible with Commnet Constellation. NRE's in Flight and Map views, along with the Antenna Helper button disappearing all together.

4 hours ago, CoriW said:

Can confirm that this is NOT compatible with Commnet Constellation. NRE's in Flight and Map views, along with the Antenna Helper button disappearing all together.

Oh well, thanks for checking it out

8 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

Oh well, thanks for checking it out

Actually thank you, I couldnt figure out why I wasnt able to use Antenna Helper in flight and map views, then seen your question here asking about CommNet Constellation compatibility. That prompted me to remove CommNet Constellation to see if it fixed it..

You saved me from having to sift through 150 mods to find the problem. Thanks. 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:48 PM, dxeh said:

just a quick question. does this work with Remote Tech?

Quick answer : nope ;)

On 3/22/2019 at 8:34 AM, Tivec said:

Hello!

First off, thanks for a great mod, it's been of great use for me.

I've run into a weird issue where the antenna "discs" are oriented the wrong direction:

NdHUpkT.png

Any idea what could cause this? It started happening today, and I've been unable to figure out what has happened.

Edit: Ok, it seems this is related to the inclination of the selected object (a polar satellite in this case). Would be nice if we could manually change it though.

This is expected behavior, and can't be changed. Let me explain : the center of the discs must be on the relay (or the DSN's planet center) AND the discs must be parallel to the orbit of the transmitter.

If those two rules aren't respected then different camera position will give you different reading of signal strength.

I  spent of lot time thinking about it and couldn't come up with a better way, but I do agree it can seem odd, specially for highly inclined orbit.

If you want your view to "make more sense", so to speak, rotate the camera so it faces the orbit's plane.

• 4 months later...

Hi fellow kerbonauts

It’s been a while since I visited this forum and even longer since I seriously worked on my mods. 

So today I officially drop support for them. 

It’s been a very good experience, the ksp community is unique of its kind, full of very talented, original and helpfull people and I had a very good time with you. 

I hope someone will be willing to take over and continue my work, all I done for ksp is licensed under the MIT license which allow anyone to take it over. I’ll try to respond to any question that may arise regarding the code but don’t expect it to be quick. If you’re interested leave me a pm. 

Thanks to Squad and all of the KSP community for this adventure

My others mods which need carring too :

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For all, I've agreed to adopt this mod.  Please stand by, when the adoption is complete (in a week or so), I'll be starting a new thread

If you ever need help with determing the maths or any ideas for any further development you may do on this mod then feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, Linux. :D 

15 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

If you ever need help with determing the maths or any ideas for any further development you may do on this mod then feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, Linux. :D 

Thanks.  For now, all I'm planning on doing is adding support for the ToolbarController and ClickTroughBlocker (if needed), but will keep your offer in mind

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

For all, I've agreed to adopt this mod.  Please stand by, when the adoption is complete (in a week or so), I'll be starting a new thread

Hi!

is there a new thread for this yet or have you not gotten around to it.

love your work!

peace