No Updates?

EnderSpace

Hello Everyone

I have been away from the game for a big while but been checking every 6 Months, and recently there has been absolutely no updates, is there a reason or is the big updates over and is there ever going to be big updates like 1.0 or 0.17 new planets or new things??

Sorry if I sound ignorant :P

A new update came out a few days ago. And they tend to be farther apart because each new change is more difficult to integrate into all that came before. There's also been turnover on the dev team and in game ownership, which slows things down. 

Game play reached a plateau with version 1.2, which most notably integrated communication satellites, relay systems, and KerbNet. After that, 1.3 introduced localization for Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese, but only made tweaks to game play, nothing big. Since than the programming focus switched to using the now stable game to add the DLC "Making History".  "Making History" will not only add new parts from the early space race of the 50's and 60's, but also a scenario editor allowing players to create their own scenarios and share them with other players. This is due out next Tuesday on March 13th.  To make this DLC work, KSP has just released 1.4 which not only adds the hooks needed for  "Making History" but also updates the game to the new version of Unity. To be sure 1.4 adds improvements to graphics and sounds, but nothing earth shattering in game play.

I have not heard anything about the road map moving forward, but I would guess, that for the foreseeable future, KSP will add new DLCs to the now stable core game. As Vanamonde alludes to, the game has progressed so far beyond 0.17 that a KSP 2.0 will take a great deal of time and effort to make.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.