Anyone else still playing 1.2?

OrbitalBuzzsaw

I had a 1.04 (I think) install for a short time. Hated it, there were some weird bugs. I'll use 1.3 if I just want to mess around in a stock sandbox mode for a bit - the newer parts are nice and open up some interesting build possibilities. My main career playthroughs are all done in a modded 1.00, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:26 AM, Atkara said:

1.3 introduced the "famous" jumping on physics load, when you switched to something on the surface of a body. If it was on landing legs/wheels, suspension would kick in and the thing would jump -often with catastrophic results. This was more evident on bodies with gravitational pull below 1g. To stop this from happening, I had to set damper strength to maximum and adjust spring strength to match the gravity of the planet/moon, the said craft/base was on.

With maximum damper resistance on the springs and with the springs not pushing as much, things settled. And then I had the task of identifying the deployed crafts & bases in my save and manually edit their landing legs/wheels. Given the extent of my deployed infrastructure, you understand that I wasn't particularly happy.

Ugh... just came back from a long break and this is one of the first things I noticed. There was always a physics jump but this is getting much more extreme.  Also, landing legs on my ISRU bases just randomly fly off or start exploding when I load into them, especially if I have a giant ship docked onto the top of them. :(

4 minutes ago, -Velocity- said:

Ugh... just came back from a long break and this is one of the first things I noticed. There was always a physics jump but this is getting much more extreme.  Also, landing legs on my ISRU bases just randomly fly off or start exploding when I load into them, especially if I have a giant ship docked onto the top of them. :(

In one of my mission reports I have a ship that needs to refuel itself on Gilly. However, due to the glitch, every time I load it, it will shoot off almost at escape velocity. I have resorted to putting it into orbit for the time being, and I think I'll cheat the fuel in.

I currently play in 1.3.1, but I have 1.4 installed, mostly for messing around with the chutes. I also have a 1.1 install and a 1.2 install, both for Realism Overhaul.

I am still playing the old version, because updates to KSP lately have failed to sufficiently impress me to get my act together and update it at a reasonable time period. 

I actually just upgraded to 1.3.1 for my heavily modded save.

I was trying to see what there was to upgrade to because I saw a new feature or something in a video (can't even remember what it was) and thought it was time to upgrade before I was about to launch an off-world colonization effort to Duna. After loads of work I was finally able to get the right versions of everything to get everything on 1.3.1 with only a few ship losses that I was able to just F12 back. I did have to do a bit of cutting in the save file to get things right and had to entirely rebuild my orbital minimums manufacturing base then save file edit the crew into the new one. It would have been much easier  if I could have just made minor adjustments, but I think I accidentally saved one of the new mods into the 1.2.2 folder and it wouldn't start without crashing.

I might look at 1.4.x when a stable release comes out, maybe same with MH, but I am already worried that some planet mods won't work in 1.3.1 and that is enough to scare me off. I wanted to have the outer planets mods and the binary planet mod for the pluto analog when I get further out.

I'm on 1.3 instead of 1.3.1 because of laziness, and I think I have a few mods that were upgraded for 1.3.0 but not 1.3.1. I'll probably never update the game again, mostly because at one point I had one or two 1.2.2 mods jury-rigged to be barely compatible with 1.3.0, and even a 1.1.3 install of the DIRECT launcher pack that increased the load time by two minutes but worked fine otherwise. (Took me ten minutes of digging around the forum to find a GitHub link, by the way.)

1 hour ago, Greenfire32 said:

Not 1.2, but I'm still on 1.3 until the dust from 1.4 settles.

I don't like playing games that don't work. Especially if they worked just fine in the immediate past.

This is a common refrain but everybody said the same thing when 1.0 came out. I think its almost inevitable when a major content update happens. Hopefully things with 1.4 get ironed out soon and modders catch up. 

Im still in 1.3.1 but mainly cause I invested in a really ambitious save that might take months finish. I like a lot of the 1.4 and MH content though. 

I'm in a weird spot.  Updated to 1.4.1 and kind of want to go back to 1.3.1 since some mods that I really like still haven't updated and I hate the new re-entry effects.  The whole 1.4.x experience has thus far been more trouble than it's worth.  I enjoy the MH parts but not all the bugs and annoyances that came with them, and the mission builder was a let down since it's in a sandbox of its own.  I really don't feel like going through all the mods I want and downloading the 1.3.1 versions manually, so for now I'm just dealing with 1.4.1, but my motivation to play has taken a bit of a hit as a result.  

I won't touch 1.4.2 with a ten foot pole.  Don't even really understand why it was released, as far as I can tell it introduced more serious bugs than it fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.