1.3.1 works fine, 1.4 can no longer run (Linux OpenGL minimum requirement?)

Hi All,

First for the required info:

• KSP Version: I'm running in Linux Mint 18.3 (64 bit), and the game is running via steam;
    • From BuildID.txt: 02077;
    • From readme.txt: 1.4.0;
  • Detailed explanation of what happens:
    • I run the game and i get a VERY brief window which closes immediately, this is with both the 32 and 64 bit versions, reverting to v1.3.1Ican play no problem.
  • No need for screenshots or save files as the game doesn't run :)
  • Player.log:

Desktop is 1366 x 768 @ 59 Hz
    Unable to find a supported OpenGL core profile
    Failed to create valid graphics context: please ensure you meet the minimum requirements
    E.g. OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later for OpenGL Core renderer
    No supported renderers found, exiting

(Filename:  Line: 542)

•  
  • System specs: I run a Lenovo L512 laptop;
    • Chipset: core i5 430M;
    • Graphics: Integrated Intel HD (inex reports it as "Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile");
    • RAM: 4GB;
    • HDD: 512GB SSD (Samsung Evo);
  • Clean Install, no mods

Generally I assume my machine is too old now and cannot support the minimum level of OpenGL required for 1.4?? It works no problem on 1.3.1 which I can revert to in steam (for now atleast). Is there any way around this at all? I think it might work if I run Win7 but I prefer Linux really.

Is there anything I can do here or am I destined to run no later than 1.3.1 on this machine, it s shame as I was just getting into a decent career with it! :)

Cheers All.

Edited by MrVanx

7 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

I don't because your card only supports OpenGl 2.1 on any OS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units#Fifth_generation

You could try to set the option UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN in the settings.cfg to True.

Tried that change just now and still shuts immediately, no change to the play.log file.

FYI it runs no problem in Win7 (yes 1.4), I assume its using DirectX instead of OpenGL. Saved in the process of MOR last night :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.