What's you plans for First KSP boot, tomorrow? :)

AntINFINAIt

a) Not installing 1.4.x, or the DLC. Scrutinising any proposed mod updates for the usual compatibility shenanigans.
b) Finish harvesting science from minmus, in my newish career save.

Also, KSP doesn't boot. Your PC might, but a garden variety application like KSP needs no such chicanery to start.

Edited by steve_v

1 hour ago, dr.phees said:

Boot straight to Kerbin in SpaceOS. No desktop manager, no distractions, just KSP.

I did this at one point, in a quest to find out where the lousy performance was coming from (hint: it's not anything else running, KSP just performs like garbage). So yeah, it's possible, if a bit pointless.
KSP still doesn't bootstrap though :P That's what the BIOS and bootloader are for. If KSP ran on bare metal with no underlying OS, that would be more like it.

Edited by steve_v
This profanity filter is <insert multiple expletives here>. Stop mangling my meaning already..

2 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

My Kerbals never launch until the second boot is secured.. otherwise the air leaks out of their suit!

I'm curious to test game performance of 1.4.1 so I will be launching hundreds and hundreds of craft until everything grinds to a crawl :)

Good xD

FOR ME KSP BOOTS! BECAUSE IT USES 100% OF MY MACHINE! AND I BOOT IT LIKE IT IS AN OS! REALLY, I AM NOT JOKING! AFTER IM DONE, I CUT POWER BECAUSE KSP TAKES OVER THE OS AND IT FREEZES, AND BEVER COMES BACK ,(when playing with just 100 mb of mods! I turn of all windows unvital processes, xlmgr_64. So, i prefer moding it. #Ksp vs Win : KSP wins , so Squad vs Microsoft, Squad wins!

4 minutes ago, AntINFINAIt said:

Whaat? 

Whaaat? Six years? And have you released any mod/when?

The game has been around a long time.

I have released exactly 0 mods, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

5 hours ago, razark said:

The game has been around a long time.

I have released exactly 0 mods, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Hey, a fellow member of the 6 years playing and haven't release a mod but have really thought long and hard about it cause there's that one feature you really really want in the game and nobody else seems to understand what you are talking about club. 

28 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

haven't release a mod but have really thought long and hard about it cause there's that one feature you really really want

I haven't released any mods.  I do tend to make my own changes to the game and mods to set things up my own way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.