Mistake/Problem with Docking Port

Hello,

I just launched a rocket into space trying to dock to my small space station. Now i managed to get there and also pretty much dock but i realised, that i put my RCS thrusters (Place Anywhere RCS Port) onto my Docking port on my Rocket which doesn't allow me to dock. I've tried it multiple times but it always got stuck with the magnetic force active but the vessels not connencting. Is there any way to solve this or do i have to do this mission all over again? 

Thank you  in Advance

Console or PC?  Mods could help you here, but you'd be out of luck on console.

Specifically, I do believe KAS mod should allow you to EVA next to the RCS ports and remove them, or use an explosives charge to destroy them.

Edit:  Looks like "Kaboom!" could help you too: 

Edited by klesh

Okay and these mods are compatible with an ongoing game just like that? Never used mods before.

36 minutes ago, klesh said:

Console or PC?  Mods could help you here, but you'd be out of luck on console.

Specifically, I do believe KAS mod should allow you to EVA next to the RCS ports and remove them, or use an explosives charge to destroy them.

Edit:  Looks like "Kaboom!" could help you too: 

8 hours ago, LucasCB said:

Okay and these mods are compatible with an ongoing game just like that? Never used mods before.

Bit of a tricky question at the moment, as version 1.4 was just released, and a new patched version 1.4.1 is about to be released (tomorrow I think). Normally mod authors are pretty good at updating for a new version, but many are waiting at the moment until 1.4.1, rather than updating for 1.4, then having to update again. If you go into the mod forums (Add On Releases) the mods will say what version they are compatible with (even with what I've said, quite a few mod authors have updated their mods for 1.4 - bunch of legends!).

As far as using mods goes, whenever you download a mod, it's a zip file. There will be a folder to unzip and add to the GameData folder in your KSP install (a fully stock game has only one folder in there, called 'Squad' ... a properly modded game may have hundreds haha). Off the top of my head I would say most mods would be fine to install over a current game, but using common sense would probably work best here (i.e. a mod that changed the physical dimensions of a part might cause problems if you installed it then tried to load a vessel containing that part...but I can't think of a mod that would do that).

And finally -  SHOULD you use mods? 

Yes :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.