KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

15 hours ago, Diggz81 said:

Forgive me if this has been clarified with this, but I didn't seem to find any solution to it.  I've also activated SAS, tried turning on/off RCS as well, selecting hold current trajectory instead of selecting target on the navball.  For me it seems to get really unstable around 32.00c.  I usually activate warp when i'm outside of eeloo's orbit too.  Also seems that the parts of the ship are jumping around, some of the rcs nozzles sliding off of the ship too.  If I save, then reload it goes back to its normal position, but I've had a fuel tank slide off of the back of the ship, then explosion..

I will try to make it as simple as possible.

1. Right click your alcubierre drive. Click "warp control window".
2. Go to map view (M). As you can see, warp control window is still open.
3. Aim your vessel at desired direction
4. Start charging your warp drive.
5. Change your game speed to x5 (not the warp speed c, game speed - dot and comma buttons).
6. Activate warp.

Enjoy straight, stable flight (any game speed more than x1 kills all possible rotation, so you can fly this way even with SAS turned off). 
You still have full control over warp drive, all the buttons are clickable, despite game speed is set to x5, so you can modify your c speed in flight as you wish.

11 hours ago, ss8913 said:

So.. I don't want the issue with the multiple antimatter generators' heat production to die here... @Mine_Turtle I looked through the part configs, I don't see anything in there that governs the heat production of the reactor.. is this something I'd need to grab the source and do a recompile for?  I'm thinking that the simplest short-term solution, given that I don't fully understand why having > 1 of these things is causing such a huge issue, is to just reduce the antimatter reactors' heat generation overall.. kind of a cheat, I know, but I'm super stuck until this bug is fixed :(

Sorry for being silent lately, I am busy with uni stuff at the moment, but I will try to create a workaround this week.

3 hours ago, Dragon_Star said:

Hey when i load the game up, on the loading screen module manager says it detects an error with WarpPlugin/Patches/Remotetech fix.

What affect could this be having and what would be causing it?

Exactly what exception are you getting?

12 hours ago, falcoon said:

I will try to make it as simple as possible.

1. Right click your alcubierre drive. Click "warp control window".
2. Go to map view (M). As you can see, warp control window is still open.
3. Aim your vessel at desired direction
4. Start charging your warp drive.
5. Change your game speed to x5 (not the warp speed c, game speed - dot and comma buttons).
6. Activate warp.

Enjoy straight, stable flight (any game speed more than x1 kills all possible rotation, so you can fly this way even with SAS turned off). 
You still have full control over warp drive, all the buttons are clickable, despite game speed is set to x5, so you can modify your c speed in flight as you wish.

important note here:

1. If you have 'persistent rotation' installed (and this comes with KSPIE unless you install via CKAN), this won't work, since with this installed, speeds above 1x *do not* kill all possible rotation
2. Do not.  DO NOT.. *under any circumstances* go more than 100x timewarp at > 10c.  This will cause strange things to happen when you drop out of warp.  Either your entire ship having badly misaligned parts (this looks SUPER bizarre), or it might just simply lose parts to an unexplained location, or the ship might just outright explode instantly.
3.  Do not... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME, ever push F5 while the alcubierre drive is activated.  Doing so will cause fatal issues with the physics engine leading to some really really twilight-zone-bizarre stuff happening if you ever revert to that save.

I've unfortunately learned all of these things through significant trial and catastrophic error.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Exactly what exception are you getting?

This is what it looks like as it loads. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e1DggneuG_6vUPcQXnfqEoX-5dyVGWwM/view?usp=sharing

Also on an possibly unrelated note I recently updated my mods and now i can't acess a specific ship I saved because a component called 'scienceModuleAdvanced' is missing, which someone said was in the interstellar extended mod package. Could this be linked to my error is the part no longer part of the mod? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YuQN_WtN0XpdAOnaE7D5VCJ1p7BWmqO3/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Dragon_Star

@dragonstar I don't know exactly what is going wrong yet, but I would advice you make sure you updated CRP to the latest version

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

3.  Do not... DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME, ever push F5 while the alcubierre drive is activated.  Doing so will cause fatal issues with the physics engine leading to some really really twilight-zone-bizarre stuff happening if you ever revert to that save.

I've unfortunately learned all of these things through significant trial and catastrophic error.

I might be able to disable quick saving while warping to prevent this problem from occurring

21 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@dragonstar I don't know exactly what is going wrong yet, but I would advice you make sure you updated CRP to the latest version

I might be able to disable quick saving while warping to prevent this problem from occurring

from ader posts I understood that MM had a change
some scripts need to be fixed

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Well any help would be appreciated

Version 3.0.0

• Huge rewrite and code cleanup by
  • Patch loading (without cache) is faster.  About 10-30% depending on the number and composition of mods involved.
  • Code changes made here will make it much easier to add new features in the future.
  • Many tests have been added which can be run after ModuleManager is compiled.  This will help ensure that future changes don't break existing functionality.
  • Some errors which were previously silent will now cause loud failures (error messages in the loading screen and cache will not be generated).  Most of them have to do with patches that have more than one pass specified (e.g. :FOR[xxx]:AFTER[yyy]).

I'm afraid this is all the help I can be
1 of the 2 MM scripts i wrote never worked :)

I have kind of a weird bug.   I have two Tri Alpha Colliding Beam fusion reactors,   One has a proton-Boron11 mode and has space on the reactor for boron, the other one does not.   Anyone know what is going on? 

9 hours ago, Pazen said:

I have the same errors at loading and KSP crashes in VAB.

I tried re-install (manually and ckan) nothing works. I had to uninstall KSP interstellar extended

Those error messages are harmless unless you have either of the mods installed. 

And to clarify those errors have probably been there for KSPI-E since the patch integration took place, they are only now being displayed so people can see and fix them rather than failing silently. 

-> Found one of them <-
[ERR 05:56:36.452] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: InterstellarFuelSwitch/PatchManager/ActiveMMPatches/CDT7Setups/@PART[CDT????|IfsWrapper*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiterVolume]]:AFTER[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

-> Found the other! <-
[ERR 05:56:36.479] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: WarpPlugin/Patches/RemoteTechFix/@PART[computerCore]:FOR[WarpPlugin]:FINAL

(Digging through the log to find the issue, a couple other things popped up)

[WRN 05:56:19.758] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/LargeReactorRadiator"
[WRN 05:56:19.759] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Radiator/LargeReactorRadiator/LinkNub"

[LOG 05:56:15.833] Load(Model): WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/PlasmaWakefieldAccelerator/qvengine2
[ERR 05:56:15.842] Texture 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/PlasmaWakefieldAccelerator/IXS_ENGINE_emissive' not found!

[LOG 05:56:15.845] Load(Model): WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/RCSTank/model
[ERR 05:56:15.909] Texture 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/RCSTank/cstSolar' not found!

[LOG 05:56:20.211] Load(Model): WarpPlugin/Parts/Science/InfraredTelescope/model
[WRN 05:56:20.225] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "model/Telescope/Body/MainMirror/Armature/RightArm"
[LOG 05:56:20.227] Load(Model): WarpPlugin/Parts/Science/scienceDrill/model
[ERR 05:56:20.241] Texture 'WarpPlugin/Parts/Science/scienceDrill/nrm_NRM' not found!

[WRN 06:00:06.344] [TweakScale Warning] FURMaCoSt(Stellarator Fusion Reactor) has no valid scale factors. This is probably caused by an invalid TweakScale configuration for the part.
TweakScale.Tools:LogWf(String, Object[])
TweakScale.TweakScale:CheckIntegrity()
TweakScale.TweakScale:Update()

[LOG 06:00:06.346] [TweakScale]TweakScale{

_setupRun = True
 isFreeScale = True
 0 scaleFactors = 
 tweakScale = 5.775
 currentScale = 5.775
 defaultScale = 3.75
}
[LOG 06:00:06.347] [TweakScale]ScaleType {
 name = stack_interstellar_225
 isFreeScale = True
 11 scaleFactors = 1.875  2.5  3.75  5  7.5  10  15  20  30  40  40.01  
 0 scaleNames = 
 8 incrementSlide = 0.01  0.025  0.025  0.025  0.05  0.05  0.1  0.1  
 11 TechRequired = exoticReactions  advFusionReactions  fusionPower  fusionPower  fusionPower  advFusionReactions  advFusionReactions  advFusionReactions  advFusionReactions  advFusionReactions  advFusionReactions  
 defaultScale = 3.75
}

[LOG 07:30:24.669] KSPI - AlcubierreDrive OnStart step C 
[WRN 07:30:24.670] WARNING: Vector3D entry is not formatted properly! Proper format for Vector3D is x,y,z
(Have been having problems with this leaving the warp trail even when not on - maybe it is related to this)

Edited by Profit-

When I started the game up, it gave me notifications on mods that needed to be updated, including the hangar extension mod, and interstellar fuel switch mod and community tech tree mod; all of which were included in this mod but when downloaded this latest version, the download was named warp plug-in and did not include the other mods this time and when I started up ksp it still said I need to update the same mods including Kspi-extended but I just installed the latest version. Please Help!

1 hour ago, TheSaltyOne said:

When I started the game up, it gave me notifications on mods that needed to be updated, including the hangar extension mod, and interstellar fuel switch mod and community tech tree mod; all of which were included in this mod but when downloaded this latest version, the download was named warp plug-in and did not include the other mods this time and when I started up ksp it still said I need to update the same mods including Kspi-extended but I just installed the latest version. Please Help!

CKAN helps. 

16 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Any insight into why my fancy fusion reactor is only generating about 10MW heat?

https://imgur.com/a/meT62

As far as I can tell, this should be generating 80% of its power as heat, and that should certainly be in the GW range. Using it wrong, bug, or other?

Do you have any other mods installed such as Near Future electrical and the like?

9 hours ago, Profit- said:

Those error messages are harmless unless you have either of the mods installed. 

And to clarify those errors have probably been there for KSPI-E since the patch integration took place, they are only now being displayed so people can see and fix them rather than failing silently. 

I can't answer : I tried KSP IE very recently, always had errors and crash.

Maybe the log can help you ?

log file

Edited by Pazen

24 minutes ago, Profit- said:

Do you have any other mods installed such as Near Future electrical and the like?

Yes, but I've deleted all patches relating to those mods and cleared the MM cache. Unless there's something that's NOT MM-based that's detecting the NFT stuff...

Edit: Just to clarify, this is the first thing I thought of - that I'd missed one of the NF patches - but all the rest of my reactors are outputting power as expected, i.e. ~1MJ == 1MW.

Edited by etmoonshade

2 hours ago, Pazen said:

I can't answer : I tried KSP IE very recently, always had errors and crash.

Maybe the log can help you ?

log file

log file says your stuff is badly messed up... 

Did you try to move mods or the KSP install to another drive?

All the dll files for all the mods are failing and failing spectacularly.    I have to be honest I have never seen KSP in such a bad state from a log file, it is beyond anything I can understand.   Maybe a complete uninstall/reinstall might help?  Did you try blending unity runtimes in the mix from a different version of unity?  Are you a unity developer?

Edited by Profit-

3 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

Yes, but I've deleted all patches relating to those mods and cleared the MM cache. Unless there's something that's NOT MM-based that's detecting the NFT stuff...

Edit: Just to clarify, this is the first thing I thought of - that I'd missed one of the NF patches - but all the rest of my reactors are outputting power as expected, i.e. ~1MJ == 1MW.

Well speaking of bugs... for some reason I cannot get my darn molten salt reactors to manually restart...  So I would not put it past it to have a bug... Is it possible that you might not have enough energy to sustain the fusion reaction?

3 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

There is bug with power manager for thermal fusion reactors.