KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Hello all,

I think I am encountering a bug with reactors and breeding tritium. My goal is to make completely self sufficient ships, and a lot of the engines that require fusion pellets are quite attractive. However, to make new fusion pellets, tritium is required. Try however I might, I simply cannot get any of the fusion reactors to breed new tritium. My tests have included putting a container of ever type of lithium on the ship, and empty containers for both types of tritium. However, I can never get a reactor to start breeding tritium. Am I missing something? Is there a different way to make fusion pellets that doesn't require tritium?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying for the life of me to figure out how to make HTP using the ISRU.  I can't seem to find a tank that holds Water and Hydrogen to use with the process. 

How do I collect hydrogen and water? What tanks can store it? 

Hello!

Quick question about reactors and radiators. When I am using a Molten Salt Reactor to produce around 2MW of power in conjunction with a thermal electric generator, then it seems that I need an insane amount of radiators for the reactors not to overheat. Initially I figured that maybe this is just the way it is, after all large amounts of heat need to be dissipated etc. But it seems that even using 16 large folding graphene radiators is not
enough and the thermal electric generator eventually overheats and stops producing power.

Is this normal for this mod? Could it be that I have some kind of conflict with NEAR future technologies, which I am also using? Anybody else have such an issue? Maybe this is normal, and I just need to unlock more efficient radiators
for using the reactors. 

On the radiator topic, can definitely confirm that it is NEAR future electrics that is causing this.
Anybody have any ideas for a workaround? Looks like NEAR future electrics does some weird things
with the wasteheat system.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the Microwave Infrared Antenna on my parts list, the closest thing I could find was the Double Pivoting Phased Array Transceiver. Sadly, it doesn't seem to support receiving nor transmitting in the microwave range. There's also no upgrade in R&D that allows it to do that, but there are two that allows it to operate in the visible range.

Edited by NOT_A_ROBOT

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NOT_A_ROBOT said:

I made this cool calculator and wavelength info list for beamed power, could you please put this in your section about beamed power? I spent quite a while developing this. I'm also open to constructive criticism.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bGLsAiJYQ6TL_GrWWrhVTp6e8D42RpJxK5xACy-C7z4/edit?usp=sharing

Very impressive work, I included it both in the list of manuals and in the Beamed Power Section.

Oh whoops, apparently in the other calculator you've already provided it multiplies the spot size by 1.22... I guess I'll have to fix mine since I only took the formula from the KSPedia entry. I didn't know there was a constant.

Update v1.1: Done. Now I'm working on adding planet terrain info in the spreadsheet (info source from embedded thread below).

Update v1.2: Yeah I'm done with that too. If anyone has any suggestions/constructive criticism, feel free to send it to me.

Update v1.3: Added efficiency calculator + SI prefix converter

Edited by NOT_A_ROBOT
Spreadsheet update v1.3

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I’m having some trouble trying to use the Plasma Nozzle. The propellant window is empty, and when I did a quick test using LH2 and the engine, as well as radiators, electric charge and everything else necessary for the engine in orbit of Kerbin, it flames out with message “Air combustion failed”. I also checked some other engines like the Krusader and it also has a propellant window that’s completely empty. I read earlier that this was because I was missing a specific tech tree node, and I would love to know which node it is so I can finish this interplanetary station. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 11:20 PM, fengyuan0529 said:

Hi all,

I'd like to contribute my Chinese translation of the parts connection graph to the community. This will definitely become handy for Chinese players.

Impressive, I included your image in the 3th page in the OP

Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

@FreeThinker Is this mod still being supported?

I have a problem with the science laboratory. Everything is normal in the VAB but on launch, the lab is showing no EC available (0.00 / 0.00 in the part window). I've been messing with the part.cfg file and deleting

MODULE
    {
        name = InterstellarPowerSupply
    }

seems to fix it.

I'm assuming that module is there for a reason, can I expect any negative effects from deleting it?

• 1 month later...

I am also having the same issue as bigexlolith. When I attempt to activate the Atilla engine, there is no thrust, no effect, and if I press "switch propellant" my game crashes.     This is pretty much a show-stopper for my playthrough if mid-end game engines won't work (especially since I play 2.5x scale JNSQ). On a clean save it seems to work, but I do not want to make a clean save and call it a day for two reasons.

1: Who wants to lose their progress?

2: If I can't solve this for good, I'm fairly certain the bug will just come back and ruin another game of mine.

I'm reaching the end of my patience. I've tried to comb through my crash log to find out why this is happening, but it's no help because the logs for this game are borderline gibberish. I tried following a general troubleshooting guide on this website, but was unable to get to the bottom of this.

We really need help with this. I have my crash log (but I don't know how to share it on here). I'm glad I'm not alone in dealing with this....but please help me. 

Edited by AtilliaBug554
Wording

• 2 weeks later...

This mod makes ion engines unusable.!!!  I show 6000dv at .38 in the vab.  I get to spacve and fire the engine up and show 1207dv and 0twr and when I set the throttle to full NOTHING HAPPENS.  So there is 3 hours of my life fiddling with this and find you CANNOT use ion engines with this mod installed!!  GG FT>

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version: 1.12.5

Mods installed:

• Interstellar Fuel Switch 3.30.0 plus dependencies

If any craft (for example, this one) is loaded with Interstellar Fuel Switch installed, player.log ends up being spammed with "Failed to add Resource 1566956177 to Simulation PartSet:", but if the same craft is loaded without Interstellar Fuel Switch, the logspam does not appear.

Player.log with IFS installed

Player.log without IFS installed

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have seen a couple of posts with the same problem as me, but couldn't find the answer. When I use the NERVA engine, it contain EnUr. If I try to swap fuels, then the fuel slider disappears. This happens with a few other engines: "Solid core nuclear Engine", "Tory" and the "Direct cycle nuclear turboengine".

I am using KSP 1.12.5 (although I have also tryed KSP 1.11.2 with the same result) and the latest KSP-IE (1.29.6) and Interstellar Fuel Switch (3.30). I don't have other mods, other than the ones recommended or required for KSP-IE

Can someone help me? Thanks!