• 5
FreeThinker

[1.3.1/1.4.5] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.19.4 Support Thread

Question

rfaMWk7.jpg

This is the KSPI-E support thread.

For talk about new development and features request you have to be in the KSPI-E develpment thread

KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPIE) is a plugin for Kerbal Space Program, designed to encourage bootstrapping toward ever more advanced levels of technology as well as utilizing In-Situ resources to expand the reach of Kerbal civilization. KSP Interstellar Extended aims to continue in Fractals original KSPI vision in providing a realistic road to the stars. Players will first gain access to contemporary technologies that have not been widely applied to real space programs such as nuclear reactors, electrical generators and thermal rockets. By continuing down the CTT tech tree and performing more research, these parts can be upgraded and later surpassed by novel new technologies such as fusion and even antimatter power. We attempt to portray both the tremendous power of these technologies as well as their drawbacks, including the tremendous difficulty of obtaining resources like antimatter and the difficulties associated with storing it safely. The goal being to reward players who develop advanced infrastructure on other planets with new, novel and powerful technologies capable of helping Kerbals explore planets in new and exciting ways. The principal goal of KSP Interstellar is to expand Kerbal Space Program with interesting technologies and to provide a logical and compelling technological progression beginning with technologies that could have been available in the 1970s/1980s, then technologies that could be available within the next few years, progressing to technologies that may not be available for many decades, all the way out to speculative technologies that are physically reasonably but may or may not ever be realizable in practice. 

For KSP 1.4.5 Download the 1.19.4 from Here

for KSP 1.3.1 Download 1.19.4 from Here

Download older versions from Here

source: GitHub

If you appreciate what I create, please consider donating me a beer

btn_donateCC_LG.gif you can donate me with PayPal or support me by Patreon

pixel.gifDownload & Installation Instructions

  • step 1: remove any existing KSPI installation (GameData\WarpPlugin folder)
  • step 2: download  KSPI-E  and put the GameData in your KSP Folder (allow overwrite)
  • step 3: re-install latest version of TweakScale
  • step 4: download Heat Control
  • step 5: (optionally) install KSP Filter Extensions.

Recommended Star System/ Galaxy mods:

Recommended Realism Mods:

 

Alternative Galaxy Mods:

Recommended Tool mods:

 

Suggested Interstellar Challenges:

Documentation & Tutorials

KSPI is one of the most sophisticated mods for KSP. To help you get started, you can make use of the following resources:

KSPI-E for Dummies

KSPI-E Guide by Nansuchao

KSPI-E  Technical Guide

KSPI-E Wiki

KSPI-E Youtube Videos:

9 part Russian Tutorial by @ThirdOfSeven

3 part EnglishTurorial by @Aaron Also:

 

Main Features KSPI Extended includes new improvements and fixes from which the following are the key features:

  • Improved realism of diversity
    • Nuclear Engines
    • Electric Engines
    • Reactors
    • Thermal and Electric Propellant
    • Fuel Modes for Fission, Fusion
    • Beamed power transmission

Support

ctt_small.png

KSPI-E add support for the following mods

Edited by FreeThinker
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 hours ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

I'm reproducing the issue myself. There's something wrong going on. I'll be investigating.

 

Edit:

My investigation points to the need to reload the vehicle 2 times:

- at first retrofit the core. Reload.

- enable the core. Reload.

- At this point it will be powered and upgraded.

Collect Data will give experiment results (but not in pure sandbox mode).

I'll make it so that Core doesn't needs reloads and proper buttons are visible when appropriate.

Yes:  I was able to get the computer core like you said:

I enabled retrofit, then went to the tracking station. Went back to the vehicle and pressed AI Online, then went to the tracking station again.

Loaded the vehicle.  Now I'm able to collect and reset data !!

Thanks for the help !

Suggestion:

Please add a label that shows how much data has been currently collected if possible.

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey guys, I have been editing the RealPlume config in every way I could come up with, and I can't get an effect to show up on the RealPlume config for the Thermal Turbojet's non-atmospheric fuels.

 

It works just fine for the intake atmosphere, but it is not there for other fuels. In addition to that, I've also tried to add the "wind" smoke effect for the intake atmosphere,, because it makes sense to me visually, and I can't get that to work either.

 

I've been working on this for 2 days and many hours, and I can't get it to work, so I need some help!

 

Thank everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, enewmen said:

Yes:  I was able to get the computer core like you said:

I enabled retrofit, then went to the tracking station. Went back to the vehicle and pressed AI Online, then went to the tracking station again.

Loaded the vehicle.  Now I'm able to collect and reset data !!

Thanks for the help !

Suggestion:

Please add a label that shows how much data has been currently collected if possible.

That and few other changes to Computer Core are ready. And I hope will be included in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

That and few other changes to Computer Core are ready. And I hope will be included in the next release.

Outstanding.

I notice having lots of computer cores does not give much more science than 1 core. - data from only one of the cores  can get in a science lab.  I think this is intentional.

Edited by enewmen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, enewmen said:

Outstanding.

I notice having lots of computer cores does not give much more science than 1 core. - data from only one of the cores  can get in a science lab.  I think this is intentional.

@FreeThinker would need to answer that question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, enewmen said:

I notice having lots of computer cores does not give much more science than 1 core. - data from only one of the cores  can get in a science lab.  I think this is intentional.

 

Well considering the computer core has only data from its scientific instrument, having more than one supercomputer to analyze the real-time data, makes no sense because multiple cores would generate the same result, therefore it can't be cumulative. The general idea for the AI score's ability for data collection, is to put the vessel into some interesting orbit near a celestial body or at the surface and allow continuously monitor any changes on the surface, use it to feed some elaborate self-learning quantum computer model which eventually aggregates the data and send useful result back home. Its main application would be for long duration or interstellar distance missions which are either very inhospitable or you normally would not want to send anything alive (as they would be roasted by the insane amount of radiation of the interstellar fusion/antimatter engines.

 

Edited by FreeThinker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey question, @FreeThinker Im building a relay probe on mid tier tech.  Its an initial mapping and scanning ship to get the data needed for the next round of automated mining probes (hopefully made with faster engines or sent on beamed power driven tugs but thats a problem for the future).  I was hoping to be able to skim the atmosphere to trickle harvest gas for reaction mass, so I need an inline isru refrigerator to change from liquid to gas (storing as gas is cheaper power wise, theres the potential for some methane for higher thrust fuel so I may bring some processing equipment), but how do I extract exoatmospheric gases?  I know there used to be an atmospheric extractor part but I cant find it anywhere, besides the big isru module is there no other way to extract gases? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Temeriki said:

Hey question, @FreeThinker Im building a relay probe on mid tier tech.  Its an initial mapping and scanning ship to get the data needed for the next round of automated mining probes (hopefully made with faster engines or sent on beamed power driven tugs but thats a problem for the future).  I was hoping to be able to skim the atmosphere to trickle harvest gas for reaction mass, so I need an inline isru refrigerator to change from liquid to gas (storing as gas is cheaper power wise, theres the potential for some methane for higher thrust fuel so I may bring some processing equipment), but how do I extract exoatmospheric gases?  I know there used to be an atmospheric extractor part but I cant find it anywhere, besides the big isru module is there no other way to extract gases? 

Yes your regular stock air intakes serve as air intakes which can (thanks to KSPIE) collect trace amount of air even above the atmosphere. Use the ISRU Refrigerator to split any collected atmosphere into it into cryogenic molecular resources (LqdNitrogen, LqdOxygen, LqdArgon, LqdMethane, LqdHydrogen, LqdHelium and helium3)

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes use your regular stock air intakes serve as air intakes. Use the ISRU Refrigerator to split any collected atmosphere into it into cryogenic molecular resources (LqdNitrogen, LqdOxygen, LqdArgon, LqdMethane, LqdHydrogen, LqdHelium and helium3)

Oh awesome!  Good to know and explains a lot in my testing.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

That and few other changes to Computer Core are ready. And I hope will be included in the next release.

I see that @FreeThinker also made changes to the Computer Core a little earlier. Although I believe some of my contribution to the CC will be noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I just tried Heatshield Radiator and it's huge... so big that fills the entire VAB!
Has this been reported before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Pulled out and dusted off KSP after after letting it rust for a year, made sure to install KSPIE, and have since been quite enjoying myself again.  FreeThinker: many thanks for your efforts on this mod!

So - Recently started fiddling with the Timberwind thruster, and noticed that the exhaust plume is.. a bunch of black squares?

Did some searching to see if anyone else had run into the issue, and found Issue 132 on Github.

Further spent a while mucking around with the part .cfg to see if I could figure anything out.  Switched out the model, went in and disabled various FX modules, and basically just tried to find anything that might affect the exhaust. 

Failed utterly.   :/

So, guessing that some configuration of custom exhaust settings are at issue, does anyone have suggestions as to what bit I might look at to un-custom it?  Is that possible?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Alright a new release is made available KSPIE 1.17  (largly tanks to Arivald Ha'gel) and can be downloaded from here

Changelog:

* Added support for constant power generator like RTGs (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Added Airospike Z-Pinch Fusion Engine (model by leucome)

* Added 3 new Fusion Rocketry technodes and made it a tech requirement of all Propulsion specialized parts

* Added new Faster Than Light technode  and made it a tech requirement of all Alcubiere drive parts

* Added several Ultralight Cubic Truss parts

* Balance: most Fusion engine have there tech requirement increased

* Balance: Vista Engine power requirement and trust now depends more on unlocked high sciene tech 

* Fixed several fuel mode issues with Vista Fusion

* Fixed some issues with Computer Core (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Fixed DC Electrical System issue when EC is full (by Arivald Ha'gel) 

* Fixed Large ISRU description and fixed Large ISRU output for Hydrates Processor. (by Arivald Ha'gel)

* Changed Electrolyzer storage to LqdWater (by Arivald Ha'gel)

Edited by FreeThinker
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I can't seem to find any sort of guide on how the ISRU stuff works for this mod. Can someone link me to a page with info on it or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Tory size description doesn't match actual connection point size.

I enabled infinite propellant/electricity and no maximum temperature cheats to test electric engine.

Looks like their power consumption depends on propellant efficiency.

Power consumption should depend ONLY on thermal overheating, not on how efficient thrusting of propellant is.

https://imgur.com/a/rgrkB

Edited by raxo2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

I can't seem to find any sort of guide on how the ISRU stuff works for this mod. Can someone link me to a page with info on it or something?

It's mostly self-documenting.  Place an ISRU, right click, there's a button to open another window.. it shows all of the processes available, what they need and what they produce.  If a button is grayed out, then your craft is missing one or more resources.  I think there's a doc out there *somewhere* but I don't remember where.

What are you trying to make, I might be able to just answer your specific question(s) here, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So strangely enough, after downloading the update, I am having an issue with launch clamps of any sort. On the launch pad they are automatically disengaged and do not show in staging as shown in this screenshot. As soon as I remove the WarpPlugin folder from GameData and restart, the problem goes away.

2gx182u.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Hudsonkm said:

So strangely enough, after downloading the update, I am having an issue with launch clamps of any sort. On the launch pad they are automatically disengaged and do not show in staging as shown in this screenshot. As soon as I remove the WarpPlugin folder from GameData and restart, the problem goes away.

I can confirm this, and I'm not running any other mods except the recommended ones...KAS/KIS, TweakScale, FuelSwitch, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Alright, I identified the problem, going to upload a fix ASP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Version 1.7.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-03-03

  • Fixed launch clamp premature activation
Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Hudsonkm said:

So strangely enough, after downloading the update, I am having an issue with launch clamps of any sort. On the launch pad they are automatically disengaged and do not show in staging as shown in this screenshot. As soon as I remove the WarpPlugin folder from GameData and restart, the problem goes away.

2gx182u.jpg

 

8 hours ago, samooo2 said:

I can confirm this, and I'm not running any other mods except the recommended ones...KAS/KIS, TweakScale, FuelSwitch, etc.

That indeed was my coding mistake when implementing RTGs functionality for KSPI-E. I humbly apologize.

@FreeThinker have correctly identified the issue and introduced a proper solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, ss8913 said:

It's mostly self-documenting.  Place an ISRU, right click, there's a button to open another window.. it shows all of the processes available, what they need and what they produce.  If a button is grayed out, then your craft is missing one or more resources.  I think there's a doc out there *somewhere* but I don't remember where.

What are you trying to make, I might be able to just answer your specific question(s) here, too.

I'm trying to use the ISRU refrigerator, but I can't figure out how to get air into it. I attached a few intakes to the sides, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also all the generators produce only about 5~ electricity p/s, not even enough to run the refrigerator (not producing anything) for more than a few seconds. I can't figure out what I'm missing in that regard, as I've got radiators and sufficient fuel. I can send some pictures if you need them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Is electric engine power consumption still dependent on propellant efficiency?

It should depend only on accumulated wasteheat.

Edited by raxo2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

so, not having used beamed power in quite a while.. simple question.. if I receive beamed power on a ship and use it to power a Kerbstein... do I still need a ton of radiators on the ship *being powered* or is wasteheat not generated in this case since I'm not doing any energy conversion to power the drive?  Little unclear on that, help appreciated.

12 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

I'm trying to use the ISRU refrigerator, but I can't figure out how to get air into it. I attached a few intakes to the sides, but it doesn't seem to help.

Also all the generators produce only about 5~ electricity p/s, not even enough to run the refrigerator (not producing anything) for more than a few seconds. I can't figure out what I'm missing in that regard, as I've got radiators and sufficient fuel. I can send some pictures if you need them.

You're trying to produce CompressedAir?  I believe you need to move the Air <-> CompressedAir slider all the way towards compressedair for that.  as far as power,.. you have a reactor connected to the generator, and the reactor is online?  also, the reactor and generator match?  ie, a charged particle generator will only generate power when directly attached to a charged particle reactor such as the antimatter reactor.

Edited by ss8913

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now