KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

11 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

So selecting "next propellant" - via action group, for example - isn't the same as switching to closed cycle? As of now, I'm using LiquidFuel as the secondary propellant. Both "atmospheric" and "liquidfuel" modes on the turbojets work flawlessly on lower altitudes (albeit with different ISP,  thrust, etc. as expected), but over a certain altitude, speed, temperature or whatever, the fuel flow drops and, IIRC, so does the thermal output of the reactors, which results in a miserable TWR. The performance does seem to improve a little if I add an ungodly amount of radiators, but it still isn't nowhere near enough to get me to orbit (TWR << 1.00)

The antimatter is contained inside the ship (1000 units).

Oh, and I just remembered: sometimes, when I use the turbojets on LiquidFuel right from the start, the reactors undergo an "emergency shutdown" due to overheating, and recover some time later. Not sure if it has something to do with my problem, but I though it was worth mentioning.

two things - 1, "next propellant" is how you switch them to closed cycle, yes.  2, you'll need some radiators to operate on closed cycle mode.  You'd have noticed this problem sooner if you had attached generators to the reactors.  I recommend the edged radiators, clipped into the wings, or just above and below them.. that should solve your issue.

For the person asking about how to use the thermal engines for VTOL, yes, they must be attached to a reactor still.  What I do is just use the rotate and offset tools to rotate an antimatter reactor 90 degrees to vertical, attach the engine, then offset/clip the entire thing up into the fuselage or wings.  Works great, and things like TCA (which you'll probably need) understand the orientation change.

@FreeThinker I seem to have a problem with Antimatter Collectors. I'm still at 1.16.1 since upgrade to 1.16.6 is potentially career braking.

I'm at 1500km at Kerbin orbit (using KScale2). My Antimatter Collectors (scaled) have ~2.81mg/day collection rate (in GUI).

There's a difference in offline/online collection rate:

- online collection rate is ~0.47mg/h (correct)

- offline collection rate is ~0.32mg/h (incorrect).

Another issue is that Collectors won't collect antimatter when offline if their storage is disabled (even though there's plenty of room in dedicated parts).

Upgrade to 1.16.6 is potentially braking since Fusion Reactors changes their power and Qs. After upgrade I have excess of Thermal Power vs. Thermal Generator Capacity, and as I understand I need to modify savegame file in order to fix some parameter of Thermal Generator. Point is I don't know which...

storedMassMultiplier or moduleMassDelta

@FreeThinker Can you give me some pointers on how to upgrade the mod and have correctly functioning fusion reactors/generators?

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

two things - 1, "next propellant" is how you switch them to closed cycle, yes.  2, you'll need some radiators to operate on closed cycle mode.  You'd have noticed this problem sooner if you had attached generators to the reactors.  I recommend the edged radiators, clipped into the wings, or just above and below them.. that should solve your issue.

For the person asking about how to use the thermal engines for VTOL, yes, they must be attached to a reactor still.  What I do is just use the rotate and offset tools to rotate an antimatter reactor 90 degrees to vertical, attach the engine, then offset/clip the entire thing up into the fuselage or wings.  Works great, and things like TCA (which you'll probably need) understand the orientation change.

Yup, the radiators fixed it! Thank you :)

Now I just need to add extra power plants... the solar panel isn't nowhere near enough to power the radiators, the antimatter cannister and the life support systems at the same time :P

3 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Yup, the radiators fixed it! Thank you :)

Now I just need to add extra power plants... the solar panel isn't nowhere near enough to power the radiators, the antimatter cannister and the life support systems at the same time :P

attach charged particle electric generators to the reactors.  between the fuselage and the reactor, not between the reactor and the engines.  That should be enough to power... well, dare I say it, all of Kerbin.  The EC needs of your ship should be no problem.  If this causes weight/balance issues, add a cargo bay and tuck a small reactor/generator combo in there.. like even a 1.25m or smaller antimatter/charged particle generator should be enough to power everything.

21 hours ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

Another issue is that Collectors won't collect antimatter when offline if their storage is disabled (even though there's plenty of room in dedicated parts).

Not sure why this is a bug. If you want to store, you should enable storage. It should still abide stock storage rules

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Not sure why this is a bug. If you want to store, you should enable storage. It still abides stock storage rules

I do have dedicated Antimatter Storage part. I do have free space in it. What more is that I have fuel priority set so that in online, antimatter goes to dedicated part.

If I have storage in collectors enabled,  when vehicle is offline, antimatter goes to collectors storage (not to dedicated part with higher fuel priority). In online mode it works correctly (antimatter goes to dedicated parts storage).

If I have storage in collectors disabled, when vehicle is offline, antimatter is not collected. In online mode it works correctly.

So no, it doesn't abide stock storage rules.

2 hours ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

I do have dedicated Antimatter Storage part. I do have free space in it. What more is that I have fuel priority set so that in online, antimatter goes to dedicated part.

If I have storage in collectors enabled,  when vehicle is offline, antimatter goes to collectors storage (not to dedicated part with higher fuel priority). In online mode it works correctly (antimatter goes to dedicated parts storage).

If I have storage in collectors disabled, when vehicle is offline, antimatter is not collected. In online mode it works correctly.

So no, it doesn't abide stock storage rules.

Weird, it should have worked because it uses the exact same method for adding antimatter during active and offline (at startup).   I guess stock prioritisation isn't fully active at startup. This isn't the first time I observed this problem. What we might do is adding the resource not at startup but after few a few frames. The player won't notice the difference except it might abide storage rules correctly now.

Edited by FreeThinker

I have upgraded the mod from 1.16.1 to 1.16.6, but I have kept Mk1 Stellerator Power/Q at the 1.16.1 levels. Mod seems to work. However regardless of Stellerator Power/Q I do have a problem with current power management.

cHrsoXF.jpg

Stellerator seems to disregard Thermal Power when calculating fusion management. Thus for some reason Stellerator is set at ~80% power, and only uses charged power. Thermal Power is dumped.

When I set MSR to higher electrical priority (so to 1 if Stellerator have 2), Stellerator goes to 0%, however MSRs still have to generate power for fusion maintenance.

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel

10 hours ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

I have upgraded the mod from 1.16.1 to 1.16.6, but I have kept Mk1 Stellerator Power/Q at the 1.16.1 levels. Mod seems to work. However regardless of Stellerator Power/Q I do have a problem with current power management.

cHrsoXF.jpg

Stellerator seems to disregard Thermal Power when calculating fusion management. Thus for some reason Stellerator is set at ~80% power, and only uses charged power. Thermal Power is dumped.

When I set MSR to higher electrical priority (so to 1 if Stellerator have 2), Stellerator goes to 0%, however MSRs still have to generate power for fusion maintenance.

Does this problem remain when increasing power requirements?

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Does this problem remain when increasing power requirements?

When I set throttle to max (100%) it seems ok. Max does utilities 100% of available Megajoules. On 1.16.1 it created a usage of ~75%, so in a way it's much better.

But when I enable throttle just a little, it's still broken. 100% Stellerator usage, minimal MSR usage. Screenshot below:

5PQRqel.jpg

4 hours ago, mrgreco said:

can somone please tell me why after playin for about an hour or 2 the game starts to slowdown, like really bad.

check your memory usage. I had another mod leaking memory that slowed my game gradually (it was Part Commander, if you happen to be using it)

Edited by Drew Kerman

7 hours ago, mrgreco said:

can somone please tell me why after playin for about an hour or 2 the game starts to slowdown, like really bad.

Do you mean slowdown or stutter and hang for like a half second... if you mean  stuttering, it is an issue with the garbage collection in mono and there is not much that be done... I also have severe problems with it but I do not know how to fix it... Memgraph has a way to slightly help but the real issue is something in KSP writes GIGABYTES to the heap memory every second. 

Hello anybody.  I am a new player in this game, but all mods so tasty and I install a lot of them. Unfortunately I discovered that after i have installed this mod my solar panels have started  consume energy on the dark side (at night). I also remarked that they have started to produce less energy(maybe it is new balance, ok I can manage it). But main problem it consumes electricity at night. 

For example:
1) I have a ship with 12000 electricity charge. The ship has 2 retracted solar panels MOS-PV-2 it is low tech solar panel from some mod and I have tried to do it with another. All seems good before I deploy this panels and my ship occurs on the dark side of the planet. After it they have started to consume energy. It less then they produce on the sun side but I play with x10.625 scale, and my ship spend a lot of time on the dark side. It is big problem for me It is ridiculous then my solar panels consume more energy then all another elements But maybe I do something wrong. I try to use heat radiators but it has not helped. I created small video with my experiment on the launch side. And I want to add that it happened only after sun side. If i deploy solar panels in the shadow they don't start to consume energy immediately, only after me ship visited a sun side and return to the dark side again.

As you can see, initially the energy consume it is 0.07 per second. But then it will be 1.2 per second :(

Of course if I remove this mod all work fine. Solar panels produce more energy(or other elements consume less) and they don't consume energy at night that more important for me.

Thank you for your help

Edited by Crimp
correct some mistakes in English

I'm having a weird performance issue that I have finally tracked down to this mod.

Whenever there is a solar panel attached to my craft, be it flat solar panels, foldable solar panels, ect., the game stutters and lags VERY bad. I've been able to reproduce this with a tiny craft of 12 parts by attaching solar panels, and removing them.

I tested every single mod I had installed and when I remove KSP-IE the stuttering issue with solar panels stops. Could it have something to do with the heat management system in KSPIE? Has anybody experienced anything similar? Any potential fixes?

KSP: 1.3.0 Windows 7 64bit

Mods installed: [all current]  KSP Interstellar v1.15.3, TweakScale v2.3.6, Kerbal Alarm Clock, NavyFish Docking UI, MechJeb2, Infernal Robotics, KW Rocketry, KIS, KAS, KerbEngineer, HeatControl, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes.

EDIT: I've updated my KSP to 1.3.1, reinstalled all of the updated versions of my mods and the problem seems to have fixed itself. No idea what was causing it. Anyway, disregard this post.

Edited by CaptainTrips
Fixed -- Kinda

ok i got a new pc, installed game, added my mods intersteller exstended of course, fuel switch, eva trancfer, kerbo kats auto science, heavy lifters,,,, and still cant see my mods in game , WTH am i doing wrong!!!!!, i can fix things on my own but i dont want to add crap that i dont need, can somone please link a file for me please to make my mods run, thank you  ooooh and forgot to say, the mod loading thing where it shows the #'s of all the mods dose not come up  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyone know if mods are not working for version 1.3.1.1891 or missing a files ?????

or tell me what im doing wrong

Edited by mrgreco

13 hours ago, Crimp said:

Hello anybody.  I am a new player in this game, but all mods so tasty and I install a lot of them. Unfortunately I discovered that after i have installed this mod my solar panels have started  consume energy on the dark side (at night). I also remarked that they have started to produce less energy(maybe it is new balance, ok I can manage it). But main problem it consumes electricity at night. 

For example:
1) I have a ship with 12000 electricity charge. The ship has 2 retracted solar panels MOS-PV-2 it is low tech solar panel from some mod and I have tried to do it with another. All seems good before I deploy this panels and my ship occurs on the dark side of the planet. After it they have started to consume energy. It less then they produce on the sun side but I play with x10.625 scale, and my ship spend a lot of time on the dark side. It is big problem for me It is ridiculous then my solar panels consume more energy then all another elements But maybe I do something wrong. I try to use heat radiators but it has not helped. I created small video with my experiment on the launch side. And I want to add that it happened only after sun side. If i deploy solar panels in the shadow they don't start to consume energy immediately, only after me ship visited a sun side and return to the dark side again.

As you can see, initially the energy consume it is 0.07 per second. But then it will be 1.2 per second :(

Of course if I remove this mod all work fine. Solar panels produce more energy(or other elements consume less) and they don't consume energy at night that more important for me.

Thank you for your help

I believe with kspie the solar panels generate heat and get less efficient as they heat up...?  Try adding some radiators.

2 hours ago, mrgreco said:

ok i got a new pc, installed game, added my mods intersteller exstended of course, fuel switch, eva trancfer, kerbo kats auto science, heavy lifters,,,, and still cant see my mods in game , WTH am i doing wrong!!!!!, i can fix things on my own but i dont want to add crap that i dont need, can somone please link a file for me please to make my mods run, thank you  ooooh and forgot to say, the mod loading thing where it shows the #'s of all the mods dose not come up  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyone know if mods are not working for version 1.3.1.1891 or missing a files ?????

or tell me what im doing wrong

Did you install Module Manager?

when did that start?, intersteller exstended had everything, god i feel sorry for any new people wanting to use the mod and not knowing that they have to download other files in order to make it work,,, :P joking 

30 minutes ago, Mandella said:

Did you install Module Manager?

witch one mod manager master or the dll????, coz i dont know

now i have a new problum , my ship is like rubber, prosistint rotation is not working

god!!!!!!

Edited by mrgreco

1 hour ago, mrgreco said:

when did that start?, intersteller exstended had everything, god i feel sorry for any new people wanting to use the mod and not knowing that they have to download other files in order to make it work,,, :P joking 

witch one mod manager master or the dll????, coz i dont know

now i have a new problum , my ship is like rubber, prosistint rotation is not working

god!!!!!!

This one here:

And you just need the .dll somewhere in the gamedata folder. I have to say I don't know if that is your problem, it's just a place to start looking. And everything has dependencies -- lots of things can't be bundled, often for rights issues.

Also, if you are setting up a new machine you know you could simply move your whole KSP folder over from the old one. It's one way to make sure you have everything.

But anyhoo, if that doesn't fix you you're probably going to have to post a screenshot of your gamedata folder, plus some logs.

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I believe with kspie the solar panels generate heat and get less efficient as they heat up...?  Try adding some radiators.

No. That's not it. I also have experienced this problem, although I have attributed it to older version. Now I can also report it.

H3ondX6.png

Radiators don't change a thing. Deactivating Solar Panels through Ship Manifest doesn't disable their power consumption. One have to "Disable receiver" on the solar panel.

2 Seconds later with disabled receiver, vessel works fine:

1310pM1.png

@FreeThinker we will need your help!

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel

I would also like to report small issues in parts configs:

WarpPlugin\Parts\Utility\DeployableAntimatterCoil\antprocessor.cfg

WarpPlugin\Parts\Utility\DeployableAntimatterCoil\depanticoll.cfg

WarpPlugin\Parts\Utility\DeployableAntimatterCoil\fixedanticoll.cfg

All have incorrect cost that causes parts to have negative cost in VAB/SPH when antimatter is not bought with them.

antprocessor.cfg cost : 4500 should be changed to 14500 (100 units of antimatter stored)

depanticoll.cfg cost : 4500 should be changed to 104500 (1000 units of antimatter stored)

fixedanticoll.cfg cost : 4500 should be changed to 104500 (1000 units of antimatter stored)

Also there's a different problem in Antimatter Processor:

rJe4Otm.jpg

I believe the button should say: "Produre Antimatter" instead of Positrons.

@FreeThinker I can try to create pull request with cost changes, if you have too much work lately...

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel