KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Spacemouse thank you for your help, so in my network the probes can both see each other, so there is no planet or anything between them. 

I think it could be the wrong parts then.. but i though "transievers" could do the job, transmit and relay. I'll try some other parts, can you help me to craft the good power plant stations and then good relays probes ? Wikis doesn't help.

Maybe screenshots of yours or just parts names together ?

Edited by Tsaet

1 hour ago, mrgreco said:

yo yo spacemouse, buddy i love your mod heavy lifters, may i please make a request, please add fuel switch, this mod kicks A** with intersteller exstended but cant switch fuels booooo

:P

Heavy lifters? Not sure what your talking about.. I did a VASIMR, FFR nozzle, EM drive, thruster parts for KSPI but they're all tiny little push electric thrusters. I did some radial tanks that aren't in KSPI...

8 hours ago, Tsaet said:

Spacemouse thank you for your help, so in my network the probes can both see each other, so there is no planet or anything between them. 

I think it could be the wrong parts then.. but i though "transievers" could do the job, transmit and relay. I'll try some other parts, can you help me to craft the good power plant stations and then good relays probes ? Wikis doesn't help.

Maybe screenshots of yours or just parts names together ?

Transceivers should work well. It's what I'm using. Here's a simple setup I use.

YklZpWU.jpg

Power sender is on the left, and receiver is on the right.

45 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

Transceivers should work well. It's what I'm using. Here's a simple setup I use.

Power sender is on the left, and receiver is on the right.

Thanks, so there's nothing else to do ? Just put the parts, activate tranmitter or reciever, and it's supposed to work like this ? No program, no magical settings before launch etc. In this way i don't see why my probes didn't connect. I'll keep trying, thank you

Edited by Tsaet

3 hours ago, mrgreco said:

BpzarYq.pngdLLC4UM.pngQhcuc6S.png

particle genarator baby wooowooooo

More like particle sucker.

@FreeThinker since we can deconstruct diamagnetic antihydrogen we can easily have kgs of positrons :P

Positrons could be used for thermal engines and antiprotons - for antimatter magnetic nozzle or Antimatter Initiated reactor.

But in reality antimatter powered spaceships couldn't be used anywhere near planets or space colonies defeating purpose of antimatter thermal thruster  :P

Edited by raxo2222

4 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

Heavy lifters? Not sure what your talking about.. I did a VASIMR, FFR nozzle, EM drive, thruster parts for KSPI but they're all tiny little push electric thrusters. I did some radial tanks that aren't in KSPI...

so i can use hyroden fuel

Quick question: I just installed the RealFuels mod and, to my despair, nuclear turbojets and ramjets are no longer functioning. My guess is that it has something to with the way RealFuels replaces stock fuels and somewhat changes the way they work (boiloff, density, ullage, etc.). Is there a way to configure KSPI-E so that both engines can recognize the new fuels, and if yes, has anyone attempted it? 

Note: most other engines, like the Kerbstein, seem to work fine.

I already posted my problem on the RealFuels thread, but since that mod changes a LOT more (mechanics-wise) than Interstellar, any compatibility ajustements will have to be done on the KSPI-E side - AFAIK.

Ok, I am new to the mod and I am trying to figure out how MKS and this work together. When I put the Thermal Electric Generator on a MKS reactor it says no generator found and it shuts down. I have tried a few different combinations and I can not seem to figure this out. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, mrgreco said:

so i can use hyroden fuel

Im still not sure what part your talking about. The crescent tanks i made are the only fuel tanks I've done. The expending one in KSPI already supports hydrogen. I can add it to something else though.

18 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

Im still not sure what part your talking about. The crescent tanks i made are the only fuel tanks I've done. The expending one in KSPI already supports hydrogen. I can add it to something else though.

the engines i mean

On 1/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, Tonas1997 said:

Does the nuclear turbojet/ramjet work as intended?

My SSTO Mk3 type E can be easily supersonic at ground level. Powered by Thermal Positron Reactor, with Thermal Ramjet engine.

6bE2XjE.png

3g acceleration @11km:

ta5W3hl.png

Reaction control powered by Aerozine50/NTO biproppelant mixture:

QQU524X.jpg

This demo version expires after 1h of use due to electric charge deprivation and positron containment failure!