KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

On 11/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, juanml82 said:

I've tried that, but it's still not working. I've used hyperedit to erase all the waste heat, just in case, but it makes no difference. I don't have a KSPI fission reactor on board as well, but if that was needed, why was I able to depart Kerbin and capture at Neidon? What does the error means?

Do you do a quicksave reload? There's a bug where undocking doesn't reinit the reactors properly and they stop generating EC.

9 hours ago, Babalas said:

Do you do a quicksave reload? There's a bug where undocking doesn't reinit the reactors properly and they stop generating EC.

Well, I was saving and realoading as usual, and I had also undocked a probe from the mothership (no kspi-e parts in the probe, though). Is there a workaround? Editing the savefile, docking a ship with another reactor?

I though that there wasn't a version for the 1.3.1 in CKAN but, looking at the versions list, the problem is that the 1.16.0 version of KSPIE for the 1.3.1 of the game is just called 1.6.0, so it's recognized as an old version, and CKAN doesn't want to install it.

Would be cool if it's corrected :P

Edited by VictoriSV

5 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Well, I was saving and realoading as usual, and I had also undocked a probe from the mothership (no kspi-e parts in the probe, though). Is there a workaround? Editing the savefile, docking a ship with another reactor?

I did at one point report an issue I had with just one of my ships where the reactor placement seemed to make a difference. Never did figure out what was going on, but maybe you can try moving the reactor around. Otherwise I tend to carry a backup power source and capacitors just in case I need to jump start the reactor.

15 hours ago, VictoriSV said:

I though that there wasn't a version for the 1.3.1 in CKAN but, looking at the versions list, the problem is that the 1.16.0 version of KSPIE for the 1.3.1 of the game is just called 1.6.0, so it's recognized as an old version, and CKAN doesn't want to install it.

Would be cool if it's corrected :P

The reason has to do with it dependencies, which need to be updated to 1.3.1 before it becomes available in CKAN on 1.3.1

7 hours ago, LapraLapso said:

Hey, I was wondering, how do I make power relay stations? The ones that transmit GW of power to a ship? And are they useful for warp ships?

Beamed power in combination with warp vessel would probably only be useful with X-ray beamed power  within the system, which due to the nature cannot be relayed, only absorbed and resend

I'm having problems with Interstelllar 1.15.3:

screenshot0.png

https://imgur.com/a/vDAYM

Reactors can have over 100% active status.

And:

screenshot1.png

https://imgur.com/a/9IUDL

Radiators get stuck at "extending"/"retracting" when "Pivot" is turned off. I'm playing Career mode and I don't have whole three researched.

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel

45 minutes ago, Arivald Ha'gel said:

screenshot0.png

And:

screenshot1.png

Radiators get stuck at "extending"/"retracting" when "Pivot" is turned off. I'm playing Career mode and I don't have whole three researched.

Can you use imgur to upload pics? Firefox can't open this website and antivirus thinks its virus without blocking website completely.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, raxo2222 said:

Sounds like you have Near Future installed.

It REALLY should be stated in game that using Near Future parts cut 500x or so power produced and consumed.

If it cuts production and consumption by 2.5 orders of magnitude (appprox) it shouldn't affect how the mod works overall, correct? The first time I read this I misinterpreted it and thought NFx would lessen the effectiveness of KSPI-e. I just wont to verify they play nice together before I add KSPI-e 

When I use the Atilla thrusters at low altitude near the speed of sound, I see 'sonic boom' effects around the exhaust plumes. I think they may be getting counted as part of the ship and added to the drag calculations, with the result that my ship can't break the sound barrier; it has to reach a very high altitude before its speed will go over 340.

6 hours ago, Starchaser said:

If it cuts production and consumption by 2.5 orders of magnitude (appprox) it shouldn't affect how the mod works overall, correct? The first time I read this I misinterpreted it and thought NFx would lessen the effectiveness of KSPI-e. I just wont to verify they play nice together before I add KSPI-e 

Well yes they will play with each other fine, just KSPI has smaller numbers.

So when I started a new Modded KSP build, I decided to install Interstellar Extended because I've had a good experience with it in the past, however I did notice a little solar panel bug (stock panels, specifically the retractable ones). Whenever in direct sunlight, if i retract my panels, instead of producing 0 ec, they produce their maximum amount. So If i have the 1x6 panels, they produce 1.6 ec/s when retracted and my vessel is exposed to the sun. When I extend them, they go from their maximum to producing ec normally based on the angle they are facing to the sun. I am not completely sure if KSPIE is the culprit, so I included a dropbox link to the log. 

Cheers

7 minutes ago, mrgreco said:

i was wondering if somone can help me locate the cunfig file for the isru refrigerator where (solarwind makes hydrogen),,, its not in the cunfig file, so where is it :P

I would probably be helpful to post this in the thread relating to whichever mod supplies that part.  (I don't recognize it...)

Hey guys! When trying to charge my warp drives, they never fully charge up. I have more than enough power at 200GW for 2 heavy warp drives but it never fully charges with Exotic Matter. Also, when powering my drives to warp to another star, which means I need to go more than 400c, the entire ship twitches every second. It also loses balance. Why?

Edited by LapraLapso
More information.

On 2017/10/10 at 10:06 PM, juanml82 said:

I've tried that, but it's still not working. I've used hyperedit to erase all the waste heat, just in case, but it makes no difference. I don't have a KSPI fission reactor on board as well, but if that was needed, why was I able to depart Kerbin and capture at Neidon? What does the error means?

MYLGctT.png

Maybe you can try to use a small fission reactor (Motle salt or else) to power the Fusion reactor, than power main engine?

On 2017/9/20 at 11:34 AM, FreeThinker said:

I'm using a bit less optimistic version

Spot size = distance-to-spot * wavelength / (aperture diameter)

I wonder where the 0.61 comes from

Perhaps a more accurate formula would be

1.22 * distance-to-spot * wavelength / (aperture diameter)

:PAlright, Got that, I try to make a Excel witch wavelength Eff Range to help choice ideal beam type.

13 hours ago, mrgreco said:

i was wondering if somone can help me locate the cunfig file for the isru refrigerator where (solarwind makes hydrogen),,, its not in the cunfig file, so where is it :P

13 hours ago, DStaal said:

I would probably be helpful to post this in the thread relating to whichever mod supplies that part.  (I don't recognize it...)

Threads merged.

14 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

Maybe you can try to use a small fission reactor (Motle salt or else) to power the Fusion reactor, than power main engine?

I solved it yesterday. The mothership lacked any megajoule storage. I guess some of the parts of the probes I had undocked (maybe the JX2 antennas?) had a built in MJ battery, so I hyperedited a small probe with a MJ capacitor and that made the reactor work again

I mistakenly posted this over in the development release thread -- reposting it here.

Happy to see development moving forward! But any word on the WasteHeat management issue some of us have been having since version 15.x? My beginner Solid Cores started behaving very differently, and what worked before really didn't work at all anymore necessitating a rollback to 14.

My question is was this an intentional re-balance, or do I have something broken? I'm happy to provide logs and such if needed, plus a lot more specific info than I gave in the above (distracted by RL now, but can give a better issue report later if needed).

On 10/13/2017 at 9:24 PM, Arivald Ha'gel said:

obGbyZO.png

And:

caSK629.png

Bumping it up since there was no real answer. Problems seem to have started once I have upgraded the mod. I can reproduce it 100% on a clean science game (with some nodes researched - by increasing science in savefile).

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel