KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

There are four graphical/description bugs. I play on sandbox 1.4.2 with latest KSPI and dozen of mods.

Interstellar Thermal Mechanic Helper shows, that Plasma Jet Magneto Inertial Fusion reactor produces 5 MW of power. But reactors tooltip show max power of 5000 MW.

cO9RThd.jpg

Magnetohydrodynamic electric generator has wrong description.

Are energy conversion efficiencies (65% - 80%) right?

9WinBeP.jpg

Magnetic Nozzle looks much differently than its icon.

vQLpcM8.jpg

TORY nuclear ramjet engine connection point has different size in GUI than its true size.

That is its listed as 2.5m but its 1.25m actually.

OcoP9J1.jpg

I have suggestion:

Can beam transmitters have their beam wavelength sorted from longest wave to shortest wave?

Currently wavelengths are placed randomly in descriptions.

Reactors could show reaction products too.

Solid Fuel reactor doesn't produce electricity as if internal generator was broken.

itY8jN9.jpgTiM1sBe.jpg

What is difference between two fuel modes for this reactor?

Also it has power control twice.

When cold batch temperature of thermal generators rise above reactors temperature (can happen with solid fuel and molten salt reactors) reactor starts to flicker.

zS4N3cg.jpg

Edited by raxo2222

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Except for a spawing of exception, I'm Not sure what was going wrong, but to help you I will improve the Kerbstein Gui in the VAB in the next release

pjXRo5v.png

As you can see, it will list all upgrade tech and show if you have actually unlock it or not.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the display further  I would like to hear it

hm. did something change from the previous release (the one where my kerbsteins were giving me 4G accel) though?  ie, is the thrust lower or the weight perhaps higher?  a 30m tweakscaled kerbstein weighs something like 1100t just by itself, I don't remember what it was before.. all I know is the TWR is far, far lower now, even on the same exact craft.  I haven't tried with the one you JUST released; will do that and report back.

36 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

hm. did something change from the previous release (the one where my kerbsteins were giving me 4G accel) though?  ie, is the thrust lower or the weight perhaps higher?  a 30m tweakscaled kerbstein weighs something like 1100t just by itself, I don't remember what it was before.. all I know is the TWR is far, far lower now, even on the same exact craft.  I haven't tried with the one you JUST released; will do that and report back.

Not sure how you calculate the Acceleration but 787000 kN at a mass of  4409 ton sound quit good

yOaBAlw.png

Notice that during flight I disable G-force effects to allow it to accelerate durring time warp while under acceleration.

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Not sure how you calculate the Acceleration but 787000 kN at a mass of  4409 ton sound quit good

yOaBAlw.png

Notice that during flight I disable G-force effects to allow it to accelerate durring time warp while under acceleration.

possibly quite good, but not nearly as good as it *was* ... 5500t pushing at 4G would be, what, around 220000kN of force.  If the nerf is intentional, that's fine, I'll figure out a new design, I'm just thinking that from what you said, the nerf wasn't intentional and may be a bug somewhere.  Please advise :)

3 hours ago, ss8913 said:

possibly quite good, but not nearly as good as it *was* ... 5500t pushing at 4G would be, what, around 220000kN of force.  If the nerf is intentional, that's fine, I'll figure out a new design, I'm just thinking that from what you said, the nerf wasn't intentional and may be a bug somewhere.  Please advise :)

Well there was a bug where the 8th and 9th tech level were effectively the same, but I don't think that was it. Exactly what included in the 5500t. If it include power generators, it might be an explanation as they become  heavier in some cases.

Edited by FreeThinker

Another problem is the Kerbstein wasteheat generation.  Almost any amount of throttle is enough to go from 0 to full wasteheat near-instantaneously and that's with 4 extremely large folding radiators on it... I don't think the KSP physics engine will even allow me to build a craft that has room for enough radiators to drive a single Kerbstein at 30m much less the 20 of them that's required for sufficient acceleration... I don't know what to say, this engine is no longer usable for me... this test craft is basically an enormous 30m kerbstein, the fuel for it, a command pod, and little else.. it weighs like 8000t now (I only had a 20m on there before, the 30m scales up in weight in a serious way!)... 

EDIT: Since the positron antimatter reactor doesn't generate power with a charged particle generator, and since I need a charged particle generator to power the warp drive, I have a plasma beam core reactor with a charged particle generator powering this ship... 7.50m radius on both.  I use detachable positron-antimatter boosters to get it to space.  Once in space, the hyperdrive is usable, but the sublight kerbstein engine has a max thrust of < 1.0 m/s/s and overheats as soon as I put power to it, even though this thing is covered with enormous radiators.

EDIT: So I tried going back to Plasma Nozzles, which is what I used before the kerbstein was released.  These have the same wasteheat problem... in order to get enough thrust, it's physically impossible to put enough radiators on the craft to keep them cool enough to operate.

EDIT: If I use a fusion reactor instead of the plasma beam core, the heating problem isn't really an issue... maybe something's just wrong with the plasma beam core heat generation(?) ... Kerbstein thrust is still an issue, though.. Even with a fusion (tri-alpha) reactor, if I can get theoretical max accel over 1G, the reactors aren't powerful enough to drive it at that speed.  Increasing the reactor size would of course increase the mass, and... yeah.  They just don't seem to make the thrust that they used to, for one reason or another.  

Edited by ss8913

I used EL and simple construction to build a rocket on a mun but I can't seem to make the uranium nitrite to power my reactor.

I am quit sure I have the resources I need but cant seem to figure out the IRSU process 

jVKGHJ8.png 

Ok I figured out I am mission flourite witch I found only a bit away from me now however I have every thing for uranium tetrafluoride ammonolysis but I can't find the process on any of my IRUS's where is it at and what tech tree is it in? 

-edit

After messing with every thing for over an hour I finally got it all to work. Dang is it complicated though. 

Edited by Lordmaddog

@FreeThinker I just noticed something else... I have a craft with a 10m kerbstein and enough power to drive it at X m/s/s of acceleration.  If I replace the 10m kerbstein with a 7.5m kerbstein, and making no other changes, I get acceleration greater than X.  This leads me to believe that something is wrong with how this part scales, ie, the mass goes up too much for the increase in thrust when the engine is scaled up.

Hi all.

Is the KSPIE 1.18.5 compatible with KSP 1.4.2.2 ?  When I Filter (Compatible) KSPIE is not available.

I found it on CKAN, but it looks not compatible.  I know you  don't give support for CKAN, but is there something else I can check?  Or just ignore and just install manual version?

Same problem with KSP 1.4.1

interstellar1.png

1 hour ago, enewmen said:

Hi all.

Is the KSPIE 1.18.5 compatible with KSP 1.4.2.2 ?  When I Filter (Compatible) KSPIE is not available.

I found it on CKAN, but it looks not compatible.  I know you  don't give support for CKAN, but is there something else I can check?  Or just ignore and just install manual version?

Same problem with KSP 1.4.1

interstellar1.png

this means that your CKAN thinks that one of the dependencies is not updated for 1.4.2.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

this means that your CKAN thinks that one of the dependencies is not updated for 1.4.2.

thanks.  Let me check.

EDIT:That did the trick!  After checking dependencies,  I needed to update the community tech tree :)

Edited by enewmen

FreeThinker could you make expanding resource containers that can hold all of the resources at one time and can be scaled to massive?  

The reason I ask is because I like a to make planetary bases but having almost 150+ different resource containers on screen at one time causes my cpu to die!

If you don't want to mix resource types maybe make four and name them some thing like 'Radio active silo' 'Gasses  silo' 'Liquid silo' 'Solid storage'. 

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

@FreeThinker I just noticed something else... I have a craft with a 10m kerbstein and enough power to drive it at X m/s/s of acceleration.  If I replace the 10m kerbstein with a 7.5m kerbstein, and making no other changes, I get acceleration greater than X.  This leads me to believe that something is wrong with how this part scales, ie, the mass goes up too much for the increase in thrust when the engine is scaled up.

sounds almost as if the mass decreased faster than thrust, while the opposite should be true. In the next release, scaling will be handled slightly differently, perhaps that solves it. But Exactly how do you measure acceleration?

Edited by FreeThinker

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

sounds almost as if the mass decreased faster than thrust, while the opposite should be true. In the next release, scaling will be handled slightly differently, perhaps that solves it. But Exactly how do you measure acceleration?

I use MJ2, it tells you the current/max acceleration to %4.2f precision.

14 hours ago, Lordmaddog said:

Ok I figured out I am mission flourite witch I found only a bit away from me now however I have every thing for uranium tetrafluoride ammonolysis but I can't find the process on any of my IRUS's where is it at and what tech tree is it in?

If your goal is to simple refuel an existing molten salt reactor, all you need is a source of enriched uranium  and an upgraded KSPI science lab in fuel reprocessing mode and it will replace the actinides by  fresh uranium tetrafluoride

On 4/9/2018 at 8:58 AM, ss8913 said:

Another problem is the Kerbstein wasteheat generation.  Almost any amount of throttle is enough to go from 0 to full wasteheat near-instantaneously and that's with 4 extremely large folding radiators on it... I don't think the KSP physics engine will even allow me to build a craft that has room for enough radiators to drive a single Kerbstein at 30m much less the 20 of them that's required for sufficient acceleration... I don't know what to say, this engine is no longer usable for me... this test craft is basically an enormous 30m kerbstein, the fuel for it, a command pod, and little else.. it weighs like 8000t now (I only had a 20m on there before, the 30m scales up in weight in a serious way!)... 

A fundamental problem with scaling is that power and wasteheat scales with exponent 3 while radiator surface area only scales with exponent 2. This means the bigger and therefore more powerful your fusion engine,  the more wasteheat is produced and comparatively more radiators are required. Although I cannot solve the problem, what I can do it reduce the problem by reducing the growth factor of the wasteheat, making it grow as fast as it the engine mass which is exponent 2.5. The justification is that bigger fusion engines can be made more efficiently and therefore produce less waste heat. For consistency, I can do something similar to both power consumption and isp, which should reduce waste heat production as well

Edit: this how a fully upgraded 30 m Kerbstein will perform

D1NYzg2.png

Edited by FreeThinker

11 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Please define "all resources"

My bad interstellar fuel switch's (the ones your refinery use)

some thing like this

// KSPI-E
// InflateableStorageTank Large (IST2501)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = Gas Silo
	module = Part
	author = Eleusis La Arwall // artist

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
//		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelIST2501
		texture = InflateableStorageTank, InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/InflateableStorageTankGasL
		texture = InflateableStorageTank_NRM, InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/InflateableStorageTankGas_NRM
	}
	scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 5

// Node definitions - Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
//	node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
//	CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.47, 0.0

// Editor parameters
	TechRequired = specializedFuelStorage
	entryCost = 1000
	cost = 10000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = IFS Supreme inflatable Storage Tank system for gases 
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_IST2501gas_manuf	// #LOC_IFS_IST2501gas_manuf = Storagetainements
	description = The honeycomb insides of this inflatable Storage silo enables it to hold all form's of gaseous resources at once.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// Standard part parameters
	mass = 5
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	bulkheadProfiles = srf

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 2
	minimum_drag = 2
	angularDrag = 20

// Damage and Temperature
	crashTolerance = 7
	maxTemp = 2000

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, decouple
	sound_vent_large = decouple

RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Air
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Ammonia
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = ArgonGas
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Deuterium
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonDioxide
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonMonoxide
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Fluorine
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium3
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Hydrogen
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = KryptonGas
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Methane
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NeonGas
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Nitrogen
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NitrousOxide
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Oxygen
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = SolarWind
 		amount = 400000
 		maxAmount = 400000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = XenonGas
 		amount = 200000
 		maxAmount = 200000
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = InflatableStorageTank
		animationName = ISTgrow
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 0.1
	}
	MODULE
	{
		animationName = ISTbar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
	    	MODULE
    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
		scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, 3.75, 5, 7.5, 10, 15
		scaleNames = 0.625m, 1.25m, 1.875m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m, 7.5m, 10m, 15m
    	}
}

9iU6lma.png

Except stats fixed.

One for each type, solid, liquid, gas, radio active. And at master tech one that can hold them all at same time.   

Edited by Lordmaddog

So after thinking about it I decided to do it my self 

I think I done it right.

// KSPI-E
// Radioactive Fuel Container (RFC2502)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = Radioactive Silo
	module = Part
	author = Eleusis La Arwall

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelRFC2502
	}
//	mesh = model.mu
	scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.4, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.4, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 1.32, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

// Editor parameters
	TechRequired = nuclearFuelSystems
	entryCost = 1000
	cost = 10000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = IFS Supreme Radioactive Fuel Container (Radioactive Silo)
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_RFC2500_manuf	// #LOC_IFS_RFC2500_manuf = Radiant Future Enterprises
	description = A technological marvel for radioactive materials that allows multiple radioactive resources to be stored in one container. The thick walls protect the precious surrounding from hazardous radiation. Also protects Kerbals. The legal department forced use to state latter.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 6.0
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	bulkheadProfiles = size2,srf

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 100
	maxTemp = 2000

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 1.32, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, decouple

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 6.112,0.7784,1.395, 6.112,0.7784,1.395, 5.248,0.9528,1.183, 5.248,0.9528,1.183, 6.068,0.769,1.395, 6.068,0.769,1.395, 0,0,0, 2.6,2.4,2.6
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = UF4
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = UraniumNitride
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = ThF4
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedUranium
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Plutonium-238
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Thorium
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Uraninite
		amount = 1000
		maxAmount = 1000
	}
	    	MODULE
    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
    	}

// Modules
	MODULE
	{
		animationName = RFC2502bar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
}

There is 9 distinct radio active resources and they are all put into the one container that originally held 10k of just one resource witch would be 1111.111111111111 for each but because of the added walls such a container needs I reduced each resource by 111, thus getting  an even 1k each 

the second

// KSPI-E
// CargoContainer (CC2503)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = Solid Silo
	module = Part

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelCC2503
	}

scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.8, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.8, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 1.29, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

// Editor parameters
	entryCost = 1000
	cost = 10000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = IFS Supreme Cargo Container (Solid Silo)
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_CC2500_manuf	// #LOC_IFS_CC2500_manuf = Storagetainements
	description =  Multi layered tank to store all of your solid resources in one handy bin. Really nothing special here. It's actually that simple, it might work just out of the box.

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 2
	fuelCrossFeed = True

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 7
	maxTemp = 2000

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 1.29, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, decouple

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 6.105,0.7497,1.395, 6.105,0.7497,1.395, 5.248,0.9834,0.1325, 5.248,0.9834,0.1325, 6.105,0.7456,1.395, 6.105,0.7465,1.395, 0,0,0, 2.6,2.4,2.6
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Alumina
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Aluminium
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Borate
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Boron
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Caesium
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Carbon
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Decaborane
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Fluorite
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hydrates
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Lithium6
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Lithium
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LithiumHydride
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LithiumDeuteride
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Minerals
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Mopedantte
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Nitratine
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = PolyvinylChloride
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Regolith
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Salt
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Silicates
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = sodium
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Spodumene
		amount = 1500
		maxAmount = 1500
	}

MODULE
    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
    	}

// Modules
	MODULE
	{
		name = AnimatedContainerContent
		animationName = CC2503bar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
}

22 resources  default held 40k so 1818.181818181818 for each rounded down to 1500 to account for walls.

3rd

// KSPI-E
// Cryogenic Tank (CT2504)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = Cryo Silo
	module = Part

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelCT2504
	}
	scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.9, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.9, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

// Editor parameters
	TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
	entryCost = 1000
	cost = 10000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = IFS Supreme Cryogenic Tank (Cryo Silo)
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_CT2501_manuf		// #LOC_IFS_CT2501_manuf = Gibson Industries
	description = A multi stacked well isolated tank to store all your various liquids at once. Continous power is required to maintain optimal thermal conditions. The extended manual states "Initiate crash override in case of acid burn!" in big red letters but we're not sure what this could reference to.

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 4.8
	fuelCrossFeed = True

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 100
	maxTemp = 1500

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, decouple

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 8.281,0.7718,1.395, 8.281,0.7715,1.395, 4.972,0.9365,1.507, 4.972,0.9392,1.893, 8.238,0.7597,1.454, 8.238,0.7609,1.454, 0,0,0, 2.6,3.2,2.72
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdAmmonia
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdArgon
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdCO2
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdCO
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdDeuterium
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Diborane
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdFluorine
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = FusionPellets
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHelium
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHe3
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hexaborane
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hydrazine
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHydrogen
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = SolidHydrogen
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = HTP
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Kerosene
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdKrypton
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNeon
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdMethane
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNitrogen15
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNitrogen
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdOxygen
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdOxygen18
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdTritium
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = HeavyWater
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdXenon
		amount = 1200
		maxAmount = 1200
	}

MODULE
    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
    	}
	// Modules
	MODULE
	{
		name = AnimatedContainerContent
		animationName = CT2504bar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
}

27R default 40k so 1481.481481481481, so with walls around 1200 per each resource.

4th

// KSPI-E
// Pressurized Gas Tank (PGT2501)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = Gas Silo
	module = Part

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelPGT2501
	}
	scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.25, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 1.24, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

// Editor parameters
	entryCost = 1000
	cost = 10000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title = IFS Supreme Pressurized Gas Tank (Gas Silo)
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_PGT2501_manuf	// #LOC_IFS_PGT2501_manuf = High Pressures Incorporated
	description = Lung like tank to store all of your gaseous resources. Do not store snacks!

attachRules = 1,1,1,0,0

mass = 1
	fuelCrossFeed = True

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 7
	maxTemp = 2000

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 1.24, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, decouple

RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Air
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Ammonia
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = ArgonGas
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Deuterium
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonDioxide
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonMonoxide
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Fluorine
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium3
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Hydrogen
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = KryptonGas
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Methane
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NeonGas
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Nitrogen
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NitrousOxide
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Oxygen
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = SolarWind
 		amount = 1000000
 		maxAmount = 1000000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = XenonGas
 		amount = 500000
 		maxAmount = 500000
	}
		    	MODULE
    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
    	}

// Modules
	MODULE
	{
		animationName = PGTbar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
}

this one a bit hard cause there is 17 resources but they range any where from 1.6 mill to 400k so I compromised and just went with 100k each.

AND the ultimate 

// KSPI-E
// InflateableStorageTank (IST2501)

PART
{
	// General parameters
	name = TORA
	module = Part

// Asset parameters
	MODEL
	{
//		rotation = 0,90,0
		model = InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/modelIST2501
		texture = InflateableStorageTank, InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/InflateableStorageTankGasL
		texture = InflateableStorageTank_NRM, InterstellarFuelSwitch/Parts/TankRevamp/InflateableStorageTankGas_NRM
	}
	scale = 1
	rescaleFactor = 2

//	node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

// Editor parameters
	entryCost = 300
	cost = 3000
	category = FuelTank
	subcategory = 0
	title =  IFS Ultimate Inflatable storage  (The one to rule them all)
	manufacturer = #LOC_IFS_IST2501gas_manuf	// #LOC_IFS_IST2501gas_manuf = Storagetainements
	description = We here at IFS are proud to present to you are crowning achievement the TORA  or, the one rule all, storage device. This astounding inflatable container holds all the resources you will ever need. 

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 0.5
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	bulkheadProfiles = srf

// Drag
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 7
	maxTemp = 2000

// Effects
	fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, -0.1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, decouple

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Alumina
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Aluminium
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Borate
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Boron
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Caesium
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Carbon
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Decaborane
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Fluorite
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hydrates
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Lithium6
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Lithium
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LithiumHydride
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LithiumDeuteride
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Minerals
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Mopedantte
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Nitratine
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = PolyvinylChloride
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Regolith
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Salt
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Silicates
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = sodium
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}
				RESOURCE
	{
		name = Spodumene
		amount = 500
		maxAmount = 500
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdAmmonia
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdArgon
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdCO2
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdCO
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdDeuterium
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Diborane
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdFluorine
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = FusionPellets
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHelium
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHe3
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hexaborane
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = Hydrazine
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdHydrogen
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = SolidHydrogen
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = HTP
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Kerosene
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdKrypton
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNeon
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdMethane
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNitrogen15
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdNitrogen
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdOxygen
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdOxygen18
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdTritium
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = HeavyWater
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = LqdXenon
		amount = 350
		maxAmount = 350
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = UF4
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = UraniumNitride
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = ThF4
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedUranium
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Plutonium-238
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Thorium
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
		name = Uraninite
		amount = 300
		maxAmount = 300
	}

RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Air
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
		RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Ammonia
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = ArgonGas
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Deuterium
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonDioxide
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = CarbonMonoxide
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Fluorine
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium3
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Helium
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Hydrogen
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = KryptonGas
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Methane
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NeonGas
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Nitrogen
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = NitrousOxide
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = Oxygen
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = SolarWind
 		amount = 25000
 		maxAmount = 25000
	}
			RESOURCE
	{
 		name = XenonGas
 		amount = 12500
 		maxAmount = 12500
	}
	    	MODULE
	    	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
    	}

// Modules
	MODULE
	{
		animationName = ISTgrow
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 0.1
	}
	MODULE
	{
		animationName = ISTbar
//		resourceName = Ore
		animationExponent = 1
		maximumRatio = 1
	}
}

The results

JjqO4hR.png 

Link to my files if you wish to add them to interstellar fuel switch  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix8302va3snon9t/Silos.zip?dl=0

Edited by Lordmaddog
Update

2 hours ago, ss8913 said:

@FreeThinker - that looks better.  What are you powering it with?  picture is a bit dark.. I see a tri-alpha reactor, what else is on that thing?

iHall + 2 x Graphene Folding Radiator Large (x10 size) + Tri Alpha (30m) + Kerkstein (30m)

Edited by FreeThinker

@Lordmaddog Understand that people that want to have multiple resources in their vessels, either use mods that allow them to customize their tank with multiple of resources or they can use  KSPIE Universal Hex storage tanks or KSPIE Universal Storage Tanks which were specifically added to allow you to handle along a multitude of resources. But perhaps there are some that don't want to bother and simply want a single tank containing everything. 

Edited by FreeThinker