KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Version 1.12.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-03-22

• Added Fluorite Mining, Scanning and Processing into Fluorine
  • Added Ability of Fuel Processing to use Enriched Uranium to replace Depleted Fuel or produce Fluorine when missing.

Ok. I can't find this anyplace.  How to mine Florite/'flourine ?   To get the UF4,  I can convert the flourine to lqdflourine, then mix (ISRU ) lqdflourine with enriched uranium.   The UF4 can then get in the salt reactor while processing , but I still can't transfer from a UF4 kargo kontainer to the salt reactor directly.

I can also use the KSPI Science laboratory to process the actinides.  But when I do the actinides processing, no flourine comes out, and actinides only goes down over time - even with a florite/flourine kargo kontainer attached.    Florite or flourine should come out from the actinides processing and be stored somehow.

What am I missing? I'm very close to mastering the liquid salt reactor & refuel process.

thanks! 

Edited by enewmen

3 hours ago, Yiannis said:

Amazing mod with all the possibilities it gives BUT, the minute I installed it my current game became unplayable.
I uninstalled all mods, left KSPI and tweakscale as the only two mods. No change. Extremely sluggish behavior and a huge amount of errors such as "Error:[KSPI] - Exception in FNSolarPowerWasteHeatModule. on fixed update" in the debug console. 
Removed KSPI and reinstalled all mods, the game plays beautifully. 
Thought it was a problem with the persistent file so I started a career anew.
Up until the moment I discovered photovoltaics everything worked like a charm. The second I added the most rudimentary panel on my ship, the sluggish behavior and all the errors reappeared.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot reproduce it myself, therefore I suspect there is some interaction with another mods that touches the functionality of solar panels. Electly what panel did you use and what mods have you installed?

i have some questions, 1 what dose electric priority do and whats is it for ?,,,2 what dose rank 4 mean and so on and what dose it do?. oh yeah, is it posible to edit a file without restarting the game, coz for me it takes my game very long to restart.

can somone help me here

Edited by mrgreco
help

11 hours ago, giddonah said:

Do you mean the Science Laboratory?  These reactors don't have Actinides, I'm talking about transferring the EnrU into the reactors and ISF tanks.  How do you transfer EnrU?  Even if don't use ISF tanks for EnrU and stick with the MF-2 (and the lvl1 engineer), it's an all or nothing proposition.  You click transfer fuel, then click on the destination part, and all the fuel gets transferred.  What if I wanted to only transfer half of what's in the tank into each of the two reactors?  Or transfer anything into or out of IFS Radioactive Fuel Containers? When I try transferring in, it says "selected part can't handle radioactive storage, exiting transfer mode". I see no way to even try to move it out.

So far my solution has been to land the ship at the minmus drilling site and connect it to the base with KAS connectors and let newly made EnrU collect in a Whirlijig Nuclear Reprocessor from Ore and transfer it from that to the reactors.  But even still, I can only transfer all fuel, wait for more to collect, then fuel up the other reactor.  But the ISF tank is useless it seems.  Can't transfer into or out of, but EnrU collects in it.

It's a mess, but I'm still trying to figure out how all the parts work together.  Also trying to figure out Megajoules, because I'm apparently using 27,726% of my available power:

What I did was made a super-size molten salt reactor in Mun orbit to power everything.  Every 10 or so years, I need to remove the actinides and add more UF4.  I can't mine fluorine/ florite, so I just mine the heavy & expensive  enriched uranium from the Mun (or Minmus), then haul the light & cheap lqdfluorine from Kerbin.  At the reactor, I first remove/process the actinides  by using KSPI Science laboratory - this doesn't seem to process anything, only the actinides  get removed.   Then (at the reactor) I use the ISRU converter to process the lqdfluorine  and enriched uranium.  This will fill the reactor with UF4 during the processing because I can't transfer the UF4 from a container.    I don't think I'm refueling the molten salt reactor correctly, but it seems to work.  The quantum singularity reactor uses simple hydrogen, so I can easily mine the hydrogen, convert to lqdhydrogen for storage, then use a universal gasifier to convert back to hydrogen for burning.  Hydrogen automatically transfers to the quantum singularity reactor.

Dumb question:  How to get megajoules?  The MX-1 MX-2 MX-3 for example produce lots of EC, but I can't use EC for beam power.  I tried using a supercapacitor  and computer to convert EC to MJ, but can't make it do anything.   There seems no way to use beam power with a MX-3 reactor or any  enriched uranium reactor - even if I have stored MJ someplace else.  Reactors that use a thermal generator or charged particle generator produce MJs that can be used with beam power.

Edited by enewmen

15 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I cannot reproduce it myself, therefore I suspect there is some interaction with another mods that touches the functionality of solar panels. Electly what panel did you use and what mods have you installed?

The panel used in the latest test was the OX-STAT photovoltaic panel.
I have removed all files from gamedata directory with the exception of modulemanager.2.8.1.dll
and all directories with the exception of SQUAD and WARPPLUGIN.
The problem with the error messages in the debug console and the sluggish behavior persists. 
As soon as I remove Warpplugin everything works perfectly with no errors.

Edit:
Performed a clean install, unfortunately of version 1.3.1.
The only mod installed is the latest version of WarpPlugin and modulemanager.dll
The error messages remain in the debug console.

From the 30MB output_log.txt I assume that 99% consists of the following errors

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[KSPI] - Exception in ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[KSPI] - Exception in FNSolarPanelWasteHeatModule.OnFixedUpdate Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Module FNSolarPanelWasteHeatModule threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FNPlugin.ORSResourceManager..ctor (.PartModule pm, System.String resource_name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FNPlugin.FNResourceManager..ctor (.PartModule pm, System.String resource_name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FNPlugin.FNResourceOvermanager.createManagerForVessel (.PartModule pm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FNPlugin.FNResourceSuppliableModule.createResourceManagerForResource (System.String resourcename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FNPlugin.ORSResourceSuppliableModule.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Yiannis
New information

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the reactors running. I've added enough radiators to dissipate the waste heat which should be produced by the reactor but the problem is that the reactors won't even start to produce thermal energy. I've tried switching fuels, adding and even removing radiators but it still won't produce any thermal power. The reactor was the Molten salt Fission reactor and it should be producing electric power but to no avail. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.

37 minutes ago, Titch1101 said:

Hi I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the reactors running. I've added enough radiators to dissipate the waste heat which should be produced by the reactor but the problem is that the reactors won't even start to produce thermal energy. I've tried switching fuels, adding and even removing radiators but it still won't produce any thermal power. The reactor was the Molten salt Fission reactor and it should be producing electric power but to no avail. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Have you put a thermal generator on the molten salt reactor?

Hello, i'm experiencing a bug with the solid core nuclear engine: once it is throttled up, it won't throttle down again. Only option i have is to deactivate the engine completly and re-activate it, which is pretty hindering on high-precision maneuvers.

Which log should i provide for this issue?

55 minutes ago, Athur Dent said:

Hello, i'm experiencing a bug with the solid core nuclear engine: once it is throttled up, it won't throttle down again. Only option i have is to deactivate the engine completly and re-activate it, which is pretty hindering on high-precision maneuvers.

By design they're really slow to reach the maximum thrust and really slow to stop thrusting. Are you sure you waited enough time?

P.S. And, BTW, did you have your towel with you?

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

By design they're really slow to reach the maximum thrust and really slow to stop thrusting. Are you sure you waited enough time?

P.S. And, BTW, did you have your towel with you?

i didn't know that. Was this added in an update? I had quite some time without KSP...

Does this go to an extent where Mechjeb absolutly can't handle the engine anymore?

of course i had my towel with me, filthy vogons could be anywhere

6 hours ago, Titch1101 said:

can you show a pic please on what you are doing

1 hour ago, Athur Dent said:

i didn't know that. Was this added in an update? I had quite some time without KSP...

Does this go to an extent where Mechjeb absolutly can't handle the engine anymore?

of course i had my towel with me, filthy vogons could be anywhere

In one of the first update of KSP 1.3. MechJeb wasn't ever a good choiche for Interstellar Extended engines, it's better to do everything manually.

42 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

In one of the first update of KSP 1.3. MechJeb wasn't ever a good choiche for Interstellar Extended engines, it's better to do everything manually.

you shouldn't use such foul language:sticktongue:... i'm not going to sit (actively) for hours just to do one maneuver

Edited by Commissar

9 hours ago, Titch1101 said:

if your tryin to transmit power make sure you set the dish to the right band,, example,,, im usin ka band for all my dishes im connected to 2/6 7AxnD7X.png

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

MechJeb definitely doesn't like KSP-IE nukes, that's for sure, but you can still use him to set up the basic maneuvers and then tweak them. Or just live with the inaccuracy and make more corrective burns.

16 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

i didnt like this change so i made an MM to change it back to how it was
its posted in the forum or PM me and ill send you my change wen i get home

3 hours ago, mrgreco said:

100% working perfect power supply,,,,,"Canadain power :)" the heat yes it looks hot but its holding, and im usin a charged particle generator for less Wasteheat.

Are you aware the QSR has a build in charged particle generator? connecting it to charged particle generator will only add unnecessary mass

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Are you aware the QSR has a build in charged particle generator? connecting it to charged particle generator will only add unnecessary mass

no , i dint know that, does it say it?, coz i never noticed, rats!!!! now i have to rebuild, big thank you.

1 hour ago, mrgreco said:

no , i dint know that, does it say it?, coz i never noticed, rats!!!! now i have to rebuild, big thank you.

Should be in the description.

Perhaps this is interesting to you as well, the new beta has a new feature called Beam combining. Its the reverse of beam splitting which can combine the laser beam generated on the vessel with a beam received from other vessels. All that is needed is a dish capable of relaying and a dish in transmit mode. Therefore 2 multi wavelength dishes on a single vessel is ideal to achieve the desired result.