KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

3 hours ago, W1ntermute said:

release every 2-3 months instead

So you're essentially saying this mod should be stock. Ok.

BTW you don't have to update you know. I don't always update. Read the change log and if any of the changes actually affect you, then update. If not, then don't. A lot of his smaller updates have targeted specific issues that may not affect everyone but in the case of people who aren't affected they don't need to update!

@FreeThinker thanks for continuing to make the end game operational! Keep on keeping on

@wasml For feature/bug tracking and motivation, I prefer to update once a week but if there are any game breaking bugs I have to release in shorter intervals.

Understand I don't have time for exhaustive test, I relay on players reporting any issues and fix them ASAP.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 10-4-2017 at 9:13 PM, raxo2222 said:

why Lithium 7 Hydrate is orders of magnitude cheaper than Lithium 7 or Hydrogen?

Good catch, it should be at least as expansive as Lithium (7)

On 10-4-2017 at 9:13 PM, raxo2222 said:

Here is list of resources by price per ton:

Hide contents

4zko7a8.png

Not signed in

How did you create this list?

On 10-4-2017 at 9:59 PM, Loren Pechtel said:

I wonder if we could fund our late-game efforts by means of antimatter collectors and returning it to KSP?

Yes you could, but it breaks the economy, but I allow it for now until an alternative is implemented.

Antimatter should become a resource which you cannot just buy or sell for huge profits, instead you have to fabricate it or farm it and it would be deposited into some kind of bank whch can be redrawn when needed.

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Good catch, it should be at least as expansive as Lithium (7)

How did you create this list?

Used excel for it, for each resource I wrote mass and price of it.

For few others process was slightly more complicated - these didn't have their IFS tank like intake liquid, ore, hydrates and few others.

Just now, raxo2222 said:

Used excel for it, for each resource I wrote mass and price of it.

For few others process was slightly more complicated - these didn't have their IFS tank like intake liquid, ore, hydrates and few others.

Interesting, then could you send me the excel document, then I can fix the resource cost inconsistancies

On 11-4-2017 at 8:36 AM, Rehpic said:

I found a problem where an unfortunately broad patch in the mod UnmannedBeforeMannedChallenge was causing the Alcubierre Drive to appear way too early in the tech tree.  Here is a patch that puts it back where it belongs:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[AlcubierreDrive]]:AFTER[ZZZZUNMANNEDBEFOREMANNEDCHALLENGE]
{
	@TechRequired = ultraHighEnergyPhysics
}

But the question is, why did @Yemo put it to appear so early in the tech tree?

On 8-4-2017 at 0:50 PM, kukuc96 said:

I think a proper documentation would help a lot more. Some things can be found on the wiki and some even hold true from old versions, like how rectors generators and engines work.

But many others like the ISRU bits, atmospheric scooping, cryostats (seriously what do the sliders do on the cryostats in the VAB/SPH) and drill mining/reprocessing are almost completely missing. Those are the biggest question marks for me at least.

Most of them are quite self-explanatory. my time is very limited, but perhaps someone is willing to help in the documentation

Edited by FreeThinker

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

But the question is, why did @Yemo put it to appear so early in the tech tree?

This is the patch that causes the problem. It just happens to also catch the Alcubierre drive.

//------\\
//---Moves early dedicated reaction wheels to miniaturization---\\
//------\\

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleCommand],@MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]]:NEEDS[UnmannedBeforeManned]:FOR[zzzzUnmannedBeforeMannedChallenge]
{
	@TechRequired = miniaturization
}

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Interesting, then could you send me the excel document, then I can fix the resource cost inconsistancies

http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/830QZKaX/file.html

Also it seems like solar receiver (in microwave parts) doesn't generate more energy when you upscale it - both 2.5m and 40m version generate same amount of energy.

By the way following resources doesn't have respective IFS tank modes.

liquid fuel, oxidizer, monopropellant, HTP, Hydrates and Kerosene modes to cryogenic tanks.

solid fuel, ore, mopedantte and minerals modes to cargo containers.

Also I made SSTO plane that uses nitrogen from atmosphere.

It has two 2.5m antimatter initiated reactors with charged particle generators, 2.5m wakefield plasma accelerator and 6 2.5m air scoops.

On other hand I could ditch atmospheric scoops altogether and use cesium - it has best thrust for electric engines.

Edited by raxo2222

20 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Also it seems like solar receiver (in microwave parts) doesn't generate more energy when you upscale it - both 2.5m and 40m version generate same amount of energy.

Exactly what part are you refering to?

5 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Microwave Solar Receiver.

I guess you mean the Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver,

I noticed the MicrowavePowerReceiverDish TWEAKSCALEEXPONENT is missing solarReceptionSurfaceArea 

Edited by FreeThinker

23 hours ago, wasml said:

and only downloading a version every 2-3 months would probably be a better course of action.

@FreeThinker On re-reading that I see could have worded that better - Intention was to suggest that W1ntermute only download every 2-3 months.

By the way - thanks for sharing your work.

How does one set the plasma thrusters to electric-only mode? I can't seem to find the option for it even while in orbit. I have all the research for them unlocked and have also tried in sandbox mode, but still only have the fuel burning modes.

Edited by Citizen Joe

30 minutes ago, Citizen Joe said:

How does one set the plasma thrusters to electric-only mode? I can't seem to find the option for it even while in orbit. I have all the research for them unlocked and have also tried in sandbox mode, but still only have the fuel burning modes.

It appears you are looking for EM Drive - it doesn't use propellant, just pure electricity.

1 minute ago, raxo2222 said:

It appears you are looking for EM Drive - it doesn't use propellant, just pure electricity.

I believe you haven't read the documentation for the plasma thruster. Unless all of it including on the front page is so out of date that the changelogs don't show the changes.

Edited by Citizen Joe

14 minutes ago, Citizen Joe said:

I believe you haven't read the documentation for the plasma thruster. Unless all of it including on the front page is so out of date that the changelogs don't show the changes.

Entry for plasma thruster must be outdated - its electricity only mode was separated into separate engine called "em drive" Also it seems like quantum vacuum "properpalant isn't listed as for EM-drive only.

Edited by raxo2222

4 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Entry for plasma thruster must be outdated - its electricity only mode was separated into separate engine called "em drive"

Thats pretty lame. If thats the case it seems quite backwards, considering this is supposed to be futuristic technology, not copper bin tech that's questionable at best. And bloody hell, if all of that is out of date, how much of the other documentation doesn't have accurate info?

Edited by Citizen Joe

1 hour ago, Citizen Joe said:

Thats pretty lame. If thats the case it seems quite backwards, considering this is supposed to be futuristic technology, not copper bin tech that's questionable at best. And bloody hell, if all of that is out of date, how much of the other documentation doesn't have accurate info?

Well  info on front page is actually most accurate info you can find here.

Documentation in links is bit outdated though.

I think Freethinker needs helper, who would document and update these features.

@FreeThinker is it possible to have electric engine mode, that emits electrons only?

Such engine would use charged particles as fuel.

Can all KSPIE RCS use Cesium as their fuel?

Edited by raxo2222

2 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Can all KSPIE RCS use Cesium as their fuel?

It has the same characteristics as lithium except more dense, efficient and more expensive

2 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

@FreeThinker is it possible to have electric engine mode, that emits electrons only?

Such engine would use charged particles as fuel.

This is what the magnetic nozzle already does at max Isp, it only uses charged particles and no propellant.

2 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

It has the same characteristics as lithium except more dense, efficient and more expensive

Well I meant there is no such option.

At least for following parts: Mounted Perpendicular ARCJET RCS, inline ARCJET RCS, and Mounted ARCJET RCS 90, also there is no lithium mode for them, only liquids and gases.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

This is what the magnetic nozzle already does at max Isp, it only uses charged particles and no propellant.

So its the magnetic nozzle and not the Plasma Thruster? The descriptions in the OP certainly need to be updated if the plasma thruster no longer has an electricity-only mode.

EDIT: No, the magnetic nozzle doesn't do this either. It still uses fuel no matter what, but the OP definitely mentions an energy-only mode for the plasma thruster. Does it currently have one or not?

Edited by Citizen Joe

I did some adjustments to my bird. Now it weights 200 tons thanks to 6 2.5m cesium tanks. It uses hydrazine for RCS.

For atmospheric flight it uses compressed air.

Air gathering setup has 1.5m size and consists of adjustable ramp intake, precooler (you want to cool down incoming gas before pressurizing it or else you can rupture tanks ;^)), and compressed air gas tank.
This gas is pumped straight into WAKEFIELD engine.
Or rather rushes itself under pressure from atmosphere and hundreds of tesla worth magnetic field inside of engine.

Edited by raxo2222