KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, Khalkion said:

Did anyone get to make solar powerplants work? I have several problems.

1. Circular Recievers, all 3 of them, are blocked by themselves when I try to use them as solar panels. I think they have wrong definitions for "up" and "down", but I'm not sure. Also Thermophotovoltaic and Rectenna don't remember correct animation and always return to retracted animation (switch scenes/vessels).

2. Blanket Photovoltaic Solar Power Reciever have max temperature of 1100 K. So it's not practical to use for solar power plant, right? and there must be some other role for it, but this reciever looks exactly like big photovoltaic solar panel... Other things from KSPI-E that are capable of solar power have higher max temperature.

3. Stock solar panels are patched by KSPI-E, so they can generate megajoules, but something wrong with them...Multiple panels have different power output, and can't reach equlibrium. And transmitter doesn't like them, its power demand fluctuates and doesn't reach all available supply, also in KSPI helper I see something like 200-300 MW demand, while Diode Laser in PAM shows only 9.7 MW wall to beam power and neither numer is correct ( at least for me, when I see almost no wasteheat and 3.8 theoretical supply)

ufV5YYz.png

I have also noticed the circular solar receivers like to block themselves at various angles to the sun that look like they should work fine. I think the 'raycast' check point needs to be moved or something.

4 hours ago, BlackMoons said:

I have also noticed the circular solar receivers like to block themselves at various angles to the sun that look like they should work fine. I think the 'raycast' check point needs to be moved or something.

Unfortunately, I cannot alter it in any way. The best help I can offer is advice to rotate the ship until they catch light sometimes work, after they will track the sun correctly

14 hours ago, DrZeppelin said:

Odd problem: The Infrared Telescope, when launched with a vessel, turns into the Sentinel Infrared Telescope. I think they may share IDs or something.

Sentinel Infrared Telescope ?

Ah, I see now, the Id is used by KSP Stock  Science part. I will change the Id then

Edited by FreeThinker

Science lab shows 0.0023% efficiency after 0.5% efficiency antimatter tech has been researched. (freshly launched lab after researching tech)

Might be due to upgrading from earlier KSPI? Any tips on how to fix in my save?

Edited by BlackMoons

22 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Unfortunately, I cannot alter it in any way. The best help I can offer is advice to rotate the ship until they catch light sometimes work, after they will track the sun correctly

Yea, Sadly it seems like its side angle that causes it, ie the angle they don't track things on. about 30+ degrees off center and they often self block.

Official release Version 1.15.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 which can be downloaded from here

Released on 2017-08-27

• Updated bundled IFS to 2.8 Which introduces a many new specialized resource tanks made by @Eleusis La Arwall
  • Updated bundled CRP to 0.7.2
  • Added X-Ray Free Electron Laser Turret by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added improved model Magnetic Nozzle by @SpaceMouse
  • Added ability of Diode Laser Turret to transmit in Soft X-Rays
  • Added Diamagnetic Antihydrogen storage container by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added Charged Particle containing for storing solar wind particles by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added Infratable Gas Tank by Eleusis La Arwall
  • Added improved convection for submerged radiators
  • Added Plasma Jet Magneto Inertial Fusion Reactor
  • Added Added Blanket Rectenna Receiver by @silversliver
  • Added automated alternative fuel type selection for fusion reactors
  • Added Science Drill * Universal Auger
  • Added improved GUI Universal Drill Extractor
  • Added Improve Interface Regolith Processing
  • Added exit Apoapsis and exit Periapsis to Warp Control Interface
  • Added resource switchers ISRU Processor
  • Added IntakeLqd pump capacity to universal drill
  • Added Mean Anomaly and DeltaV or Orbit to Alcubiere Control Window
  • Added Inflatable Crashpad Gas Tank
  • Added Double Pivot Photostatic X-Ray Receiver
  • Added Ability to connected to beam generator indirectly
  • Re balanced cost thermal radiators
  • Re-balanced beamed power
  • Balance: Soft deleted Interstellar Fuel tanks
  • Balance: Reduced minimum Nuclear Engines my 50%, this will also reduce Thermal Electric Power Output by 50%
  • Fixed Regolith processing ability to function off-screen
  • Fixed Antimatter Electric Power generation
  • Fixed Reactor resource output, implicitly fixing premature actinides poisoning
  • Fixed Deuterium refining from Regolith
  • Fixed loss of power after docking
  • Fixed spamming Universal Drill Gui
  • Fixed Mass growth for Tweakaled Radiators
  • Fixed Exploit staged Thermal Reactor
  • Fixed active ad offline fuel usage nuclear engines
  • Fixed thrust unbalance with multiple nuclear engines
  • Fixed Issue where vessels with antimatter would explode when being unloaded
  • Fixed issue build In thermal electric generator not functioning properly, like Timerwind
  • Fixed exception log spamming on Timberwind
  • Fixed Interstellar Tanks Methalox container amounts
  • Fixed Power buffer beamed power receivers
  • Fixed Drilling Animation Universal Extractor
  • Fixed Power cost RCS in Near Future mode
  • Fixed Resource production universal drill at low time warp
  • Fixed Drilling animation
Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, Freekin said:

Re: v1.15.1

Are cryo tanks supposed to be able to be ejected?

Yes they are. AT, CC, CPT, CT, PGT and RFC have an integrated radial decoupler.

6 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

It seems like some tanks menu is broken.

Also I like new probe core.

IHAL doesn't need energy to operate it seems.

The cryostat modules seem to clutter the menu.

iHAL needs 0.1 EC/s.

Edit: The CDT2500 and CDT3001 are doubles and will be removed. Use CDT2002 and CDT2012 instead.

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall

On 19/01/2017 at 8:13 PM, Shkeiru said:

Ow, so Hi :D and sorry for the first post :) . So i think i have to repost my thing... 

I was flying my testcraft and i tried, to launch the warp drive. It charge, charge, charge, and juste before 100 % (99.80 % i saw) All the charge does poof and i have to restart the load,, to get the same result. 

I would be very happy if i can visit all these beautiful planets with my "stickcraft".

here is a screenshot from my game (no integrated, sorry , click the link)

http://pasteboard.co/2p74mTidJ.png

I'm having the same problem as this guy I think, the warp drive just doesn't work for me, neither can i seem to get the reactors to work, i think i might be being stupid or possibly bug.

pretty sure the install is clean, it loads and seems to run fine, apart from this issue (that i know of)

Ive got reactor, converter, rads, control module and batteries on a test vessel, tried in multiple set ups. . think im fuelling the generators properly. 

the same thing happens where the charge (aka Exotic Substance i think ) goes flying up to 100 then vanishes and the reserves are depleted. 

then i get "not enough elec for stable  warp field" or something. 

so maybe reactors are working, i dont know im confused.... 

can  someone let me know a little warp drive set up i could mock up to test if i'm doing it wrong or the game is being glitchy?

or plonk me a craft file or something? :)

of if there's a fix for this point me in the direction? 

iv'e spent ages looking for something, so anything would help.

Cheers. 

11 hours ago, H4LPiN said:

the same thing happens where the charge (aka Exotic Substance i think ) goes flying up to 100 then vanishes and the reserves are depleted.

What might be happening is that you have insufficient radiators and the power generators get overheated, causing them become less efficient and therefore produce less power than required to sustain a warp field for your location in space. Make sure you have enough radiator to dissipate enough waste-heat to not overheat your system

Edited by FreeThinker

Woo! Finally done it, 

I know it's annoying to answer silly questions! & I hate asking them!

That answer did give me the nudge I needed to put on moooaarrr radiators though. Which is looks like an insane amount of radiators to me, but hey!

alas, the drive did warp. 

Took me long enough though

Thanks for your help,

now just need to educate myself on how to work out the variables to get this tech working properly on different vessels. I.e how many rads needed?

how to get enough power & what the different reacotors best uses are. 

Science! 

Thanks again for help!

ksp rules! 

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What might be happening is that you have insufficient radiators and the power generators get overheated, causing them become less efficient and therefore produce less power than required to sustain a warp field for your location in space. Make sure you have enough radiator to dissipate enough waste-heat to not overheat your system

So I thought id fixed my issue but it seems like the radiators look so much more insanely big than they need to be, 

im wondering again if its an install issue? 

just seems like a lot of heat waste . . 

On 8/27/2017 at 1:44 AM, FreeThinker said:

Added Diamagnetic Antihydrogen storage container by Eleusis La Arwall

Hi @FreeThinker,

since we now have three antimatter storage parts, I wanted to post my understanding and see if I am correct. Can you comment yes/no or anything I missed?

• We have a small and a large Electrostatic Antimatter containment device. The large one used to be called Diamagnetic Antimatter containment device, but now is a 'regular' large sized Electrostatic device. I was not able to collect antimatter before the update, but now they both work the same. They both collect a resource called "Antimatter" from the collectors and I can transfer this resource between the two.
  • The third container (shown off earlier by @FreeThinker - beautiful modelling, btw) is the Diamagnetic Antimatter trap, it holds a new, much more compact, Antimatter resource called "Anti Hydrogen" and can convert any present "Antimatter" to "Anti Hydrogen" (or vice versa), compressing the Antimatter to a more dense stuff in the process, but it needs an Antimatter Containment device to hold the Antimatter to be converted. It cannot be used directly in conjunction with Antimatter collectors.
  • As far as Anti Hydrogen goes, I only tested the PBC Antimatter Reactor. It seems it can consume both Antimatter and Anti Hydrogen (calling it 2 variants in the status window) so we do not need to convert Anti Hydrogen back to Antimatter before we use it. It also seems that Anti Hydrogen is consumed more slowly in proportion to the higher density. (Does this work the same for all Antimatter consuming parts?)

Thanks very much for this great update,

Dr. Scarlett

30 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:
  • We have a small and a large Electrostatic Antimatter containment device. The large one used to be called Diamagnetic Antimatter containment device, but now is a 'regular' large sized Electrostatic device. I was not able to collect antimatter before the update, but now they both work the same. They both collect a resource called "Antimatter" from the collectors and I can transfer this resource between the two.

Antimatter in the context of KSPI means charged anti proton + positrons. When cooled near absolute zero and spun they are converted into paramagnetic AntiHydrogen, which in many ways like normal hydrogen except very dangerous but it can be contained in a Diamagnetic field as a hovering solid ball by strong magnetic fields. Conversion can currently be done on the container itself but probably requires some special device in the future.

Edited by FreeThinker

48 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:
  • The third container (shown off earlier by @FreeThinker - beautiful modelling, btw) is the Diamagnetic Antimatter trap, it holds a new, much more compact, Antimatter resource called "Anti Hydrogen" and can convert any present "Antimatter" to "Anti Hydrogen" (or vice versa), compressing the Antimatter to a more dense stuff in the process, but it needs an Antimatter Containment device to hold the Antimatter to be converted. It cannot be used directly in conjunction with Antimatter collectors.

Correct and in the future we are also going to make a distinction between anti protons and positron (currently they are one) where the positron are manufactured while the anti protons are collected in the van charged particle belt with magnetic traps. the best location will probably around Jool/Jupiter

48 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:
  • As far as Anti Hydrogen goes, I only tested the PBC Antimatter Reactor. It seems it can consume both Antimatter and Anti Hydrogen (calling it 2 variants in the status window) so we do not need to convert Anti Hydrogen back to Antimatter before we use it. It also seems that Anti Hydrogen is consumed more slowly in proportion to the higher density. (Does this work the same for all Antimatter consuming parts?)

Currently yes, but in the future, we might split it up into different anti matter fuel modes. For example, you might want to use only the anti protons or the positions.

Edited by FreeThinker

I found this while exploring my save file

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PartUpgradeManager
        scene = 6, 5, 7
        UPGRADES
        {
            Unlocks
            {
                MoltenSaltReactorUpgradeA = True
                ThermalEnergyConverterUpgradeA = True
                MoltenSaltReactorUpgradeB = True
                LantrUpgradeA = True
                NuclearRamjetUpgradeA = True
                KspiNuclearJetUpgradeA = True
                ThermalEnergyConverterUpgradeB = True
                InertialConfinementFusionUpgradeA = True
                MagneticConfinementFusionUpgradeA = True
                VistaUpgradeA = True
                VistaUpgradeC = True
                RectennaVisibleLightUpgrade = True
                RectennaInfraredUpgrade = True
                ComputerCoreResearch = True
                ScienceLabUpgradeA = True
                InertialConfinementFusionUpgradeB = True
                MagneticConfinementFusionUpgradeB = True
                TriAlphaFusionUpgradeA = True
                MagneticConfinementFusionUpgradeC = True
                TriAlphaFusionUpgradeB = True
                DirectEnergyConverterUpgradeA = True
                PhasedArrayHighPowerElectricalSystems = True
                DiodeLaserArrayScientificOutposts = True
                FreeElectronLaserScientificOutposts = True
                ScienceLabUpgradeC = True
                DiodeLaserArrayAppliedHighEnergyPhysics = True
                FreeElectronLaserAppliedHighEnergyPhysics = True
            }

Might the issue with my antimatter production efficiency be due to missing ScienceLabUpgradeB?

I also appear to be missing VistaUpgradeB

<edit> adding ScienceLabUpgradeB did nothing.

Cheated some science and bought a ton of extra science and got it up to 0.0115% efficiency.. Why is it so much lower then what it should be? (1%?)

Edited by BlackMoons

Started a brand new career (KSPI 1.15.0.7), cheated in science+money and researched all techs required to built antimatter production science lab facility, still 0.0023% efficiency when sandbox mode has 1%

Researching 'Ultra high energy physics' boosts that to 0.0115%

Researched entire rest of tech tree to no effect.

Really bummed at career mode only getting 1/100th the antimatter production it should have..

Edited by BlackMoons

I did some tests if energy conservation is thing for antimatter production:

It is.

So you need to disable antimatter reactors if you want to produce antimatter.

With antimatter producer you can take tiniest antimatter containers and make antimatter on demand.

I wonder if I could use solar energy to produce antimatter and solar wind to produce fusion pellets for Antimatter Initiated Reactor.

Solar energy would be used as antimatter production maintenance energy.

Energy for export would be from solar wind.

Can we have rescaleable unmanned antimatter producer?

It seems like even when i'm almost touching sun (had to disable temperature limits) I can't gather enough solar wind to process it into deuterium and tritium for AIM reactor to produce antimatter (5 GW of power)

Solar collector is too tiny even for biggest size.

Even then solar wind collector says 0 ions per m^3 - looks like that counter is broken.

Edited by raxo2222