KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

15 hours ago, flyguybc said:

Thanks for the reply.  I think my questions aren't translating correctly.  Let me ask a different way.

Is the answer to #1.

a.)  Both Ramjet and a single Turbojet need to be .88

or

b.)  Ramjet is 1.25 and two turbojets are .88

#2  Where do I see the power requirement for the reactor to maintain its fusion?  So I can see how much power I need to keep it going.

Thank you again for all your help!! I'm about to make some good Duna crafts!

1b

2 This number is viable and depends on unlocked reactor technology, electric technology and radiator technology. Also note depending on amount of radiators, the generator will need more power to convert thermal power into electric power. I would recommend to buiild it first with full power, make a test flight and register amount of power used before adjusting it in the VAB with a margin or error

7 hours ago, Lennex said:

After installing KSPI-E, I found some rather odd behavior. Specifically, I think the waste heat system is somehow broken. I am using the Liquid Core Reactor Engine. It seems that no matter how many radiators I put on my vessel, the engine will always overheat after a short time, and this time is the same regardless of the number and size of radiators. (I'd like to post a screenshot but I could not find the function to do so).

I agree something is wrong here. The  heat should be comparable to the Nuclear lightbulb, and the temperature should at least start to approach each other. Going to fix it.

Edit: this how it will look next release

NJLuKqe.jpg

Edited by FreeThinker

I've been having this issue with KSP Interstellar crashing on KSP 1.3.1 when I try to load a save. I have looked on the KSP files and I haven't found any crash log, the game just sort of closes itself after attempting to load it. Currently I'm going to try to make a new save and see how that goes, and I'll tell you if it works or not. Edit: Creating a new save doesn't work. I've tried without KSP Interstellar and the game works normally and also remember it working a while back with this modded Gamedata. Here are my mods, if any of them are not compatible please tell me, thankyou!
fL0p0eN.png

Edited by Sebastiaz

1 hour ago, Sebastiaz said:

I've been having this issue with KSP Interstellar crashing on KSP 1.3.1 when I try to load a save. I have looked on the KSP files and I haven't found any crash log, the game just sort of closes itself after attempting to load it. Currently I'm going to try to make a new save and see how that goes, and I'll tell you if it works or not. Edit: Creating a new save doesn't work. I've tried without KSP Interstellar and the game works normally and also remember it working a while back with this modded Gamedata. Here are my mods, if any of them are not compatible please tell me, thankyou!
fL0p0eN.png

Folder structure looks correct in GameData but perhaps you have more than one copy installed. Please search all files on Interstellar.dll

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Folder structure looks correct in GameData but perhaps you have more than one copy installed. Please search all files on Interstellar.dll

Will do. I tried the 1.21.5 version where it crashed on loading, although I seem to have found the culprit on 1.21.5 , after narrowing down it seems to be either Filter Extensions or Community Resourcepack. 
Edit: Filter Extensions is the culprit.

Edited by Sebastiaz

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

interesting, where did you get it from?

I had one already installed at the time, although I deleted that one for testing. It seems the one inside the 1.21.5 download of KSPIE, I've tried without and KSPIE and KSP seems to work fine as usual 
The one I had installed was FilterExtensions_Config, while the one on KSPIE is called FilterExtensions Config.

Edited by Sebastiaz

5 minutes ago, Sebastiaz said:

I had one already installed at the time, although I deleted that one for testing. It seems the one inside the 1.21.5 download of KSPIE, I've tried without and KSPIE and KSP seems to work fine as usual 
The one I had installed and FilterExtensions_Config, while the one on KSPIE is called FilterExtensions Config.

Now I'm confused, are you implying the Filter Extension in the KSPIE package for KSP 1.3.1 was to blame?

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I agree something is wrong here. The  heat should be comparable to the Nuclear lightbulb, and the temperature should at least start to approach each other. Going to fix it

OK great, that sounds good to me. So here is a picture of my situation, you can clearly see how the two temperatures are completely different.

BTW, I am probably interested in doing some debugging myself. I have never done any development on KSP before, but I think I can manage. Any resources you could point me do? Also, I have both Windows and Linux systems, what is preferred for development?

airmsNr.png

Edited by Lennex

5 hours ago, Lennex said:

OK great, that sounds good to me. So here is a picture of my situation, you can clearly see how the two temperatures are completely different.

BTW, I am probably interested in doing some debugging myself. I have never done any development on KSP before, but I think I can manage. Any resources you could point me do? Also, I have both Windows and Linux systems, what is preferred for development?

Visual Studio Express, which can be download for free. Please keep any development discussion in the KSPIE development thread

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello,

I made some seismic landers for Mun and Minmus when 1.6.1 was current, and had great success with the Mun impact experiments using the Double-C.  My Minmus ship just arrived (since updating everything to 1.7.0) and the Double-C no longer has an option to record impact data.

Firstly, am I asking in the correct place (this functionality was listed under the original by Fractal I think).  Second, has anyone else experienced this recently? My Google-fu thus far leads to me to think I may be missing something from the WarpPlugin but I don't what to look for in there precisely.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, CGADragon said:

I made some seismic landers for Mun and Minmus when 1.6.1 was current, and had great success with the Mun impact experiments using the Double-C.  My Minmus ship just arrived (since updating everything to 1.7.0) and the Double-C no longer has an option to record impact data. 

Firstly, am I asking in the correct place (this functionality was listed under the original by Fractal I think).  Second, has anyone else experienced this recently? My Google-fu thus far leads to me to think I may be missing something from the WarpPlugin but I don't what to look for in there precisely. 

Same here, running KSPI-E on 1.7 and no impact data recording present. I had earlier thought I need to research the technology first, but maybe this is actually a bug...

2 minutes ago, Lennex said:

Same here, running KSPI-E on 1.7 and no impact data recording present. I had earlier thought I need to research the technology first, but maybe this is actually a bug...

Glad it isn't just me then!  I also noticed the Magneto Plasma Dynamic Thruster a.k.a InterstellarPlasmaThruster vanished from my tech tree with one of the recent updates as well...looking in the part config there is a line 'TechHidden = True', not sure if either of these things were intentional for balance or not.  I'll wait and see I guess!

@FreeThinker - Complex, but fantastic, mod!  Thanks for all your work on keeping this up!

Thanks for the answers!  I've got the power to get into orbit now, but I'm experiencing two challenging issues.

1.)  So I put two ramjets on the ends of the wings, however, when doing so it made the center of thrust move off center.  I take the nozzles off it goes back to center.  Its very weird.  I've currently gotten around it by doing a plate with 3 Turbo jets surrounding a single Ramjet in the center.  Any ideas?

2.)  Is there a way to make maneuver nodes understand the burntime with the KSPIE engines?  For example I got into orbit, but made a node for a circularize burn, but the bar just turned red, and then the burn time said .1  Its very hard to plan maneuver when I don't know how long to burn.  Is this a bug? or is there a way around it?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

8 hours ago, CGADragon said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Not sure if it still works but what you could try is find science.cfg in Patches folder and uncomment the MM config where the module FNSeismicProbeExperiment is added to sensorAccelerometer. I believe there was an issue with after which I disabled it because DMagic orbital science recently had introduced the systemic hammer experiment which kind of the same thing. But perhaps I disabled it prematurely

Edited by FreeThinker

3 hours ago, flyguybc said:

1.)  So I put two ramjets on the ends of the wings, however, when doing so it made the center of thrust move off center.  I take the nozzles off it goes back to center.  Its very weird.  I've currently gotten around it by doing a plate with 3 Turbo jets surrounding a single Ramjet in the center.  Any ideas?

Sounds like a VAB only issue where the second ramjet doesn't coney the right information. It should work correctly once you go to the runway

3 hours ago, flyguybc said:

2.)  Is there a way to make maneuver nodes understand the burntime with the KSPIE engines?  For example I got into orbit, but made a node for a circularize burn, but the bar just turned red, and then the burn time said .1  Its very hard to plan maneuver when I don't know how long to burn.  Is this a bug? or is there a way around it?

It appears to be a bug in the way the stock prediction works. Somehow the system doesn't appear to understand another propellant is selected.

So is there no way around it or to fix it or a mod to make it available.  Its somewhat challenging to guess the burn times.  I noticed on the videos on the first page of this thread it looks like it works on the SSTO the guy has made.

Does it do this in your saves?  How do you cope with it?

I also made a spacecraft the other day with a different engine and it worked fine, but it was liquid fuel so I guess that's probably why it was fine.

Edited by flyguybc

2 hours ago, Nantares said:

Mr. Freethinger, how I can get hydrogen from solar wind? which parts I have to use and how to set-up them?

The ISRU Refrigerator has an option to covert solar wind into usefull resource

YtAu2WF.jpg

Tw3c0fC.jpg

So I finally got one up.  Some balance issues coming down but I think managing fuel will work that out.

So how does everyone cope with the burn time not showing properly?  Is there a mod that gives a different burn time indicator that works?

https://imgur.com/gallery/d3CVfxZ

Also how do you post a picture directly into the post?

Edited by flyguybc

It's been a long time since I tried it, but do the universal/regolith drills work on asteroids?
I have a mission to land an E-class asteroid and it would be much easier if I could mine other resources off it and convert it to something other than the stock fuel/oxidizer.