KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

On 6/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, wkwied said:

- In previous posts, I see you refer to the 'bussard magnetic scoop', however the only magnetic scoop I've found in game and in the files is just 'magnetic scoop'. Is this the same one?

Currently yes

- What type of fuel does the beam core antimatter reactor require? Is this only antimatter, or does it require protons and positrons to function as well? If I try to run a craft for over a year with just the beam core and stored antimatter, I receive the message 'ran out of fuel for antimatter' however I'm still able to generate power I think?

For an antimatter reaction you need both antimatter and non anti matter (aka normal matter). In Ksp, antimatter represent anti protons, which is the anti hydrogen nucleus without an positron (antimatter electron). For the cleanest possible reaction you need the opposite particle, which is protium, the ionised hydrogen atom. So yes in order to make antimatter work you need both antimatter (or antihydrogen) and source of gas/liquid/solid hydrogen.

- What parts and options do I need to turn on in order to harvest hydrogen, helium, and nitrogen from the solar wind collector? I'm only able to obtain a very trace amount of nitrogen when in a very low solar orbit, and I'm not even able to pull enough hydrogen and/or helium in order to pull a net-gain with generating power/antimatter with the singularity reactor

The ISRU Refrigerator can convert solar power into resouces. Solarwind mainly consist of  Hydrogen and Helium. It does contain more metalic atoms (like nitrogen) but only in trace  amounts. To collect whatever you want, its usualy a matter of time and energy.

Edited by FreeThinker

- On the magnetic scoop, what does the ionization, magnetic field and pulsation options do?

Space consist out of ionised atmoms and non ionised atoms. Ionised atoms are produced by the sun (as solar wind) or by ultra violet ligh and shorter wavelengths by the sun.   Only ionised atomes can be collected by a magnetic field. In order to ionize the non ionised atoms, the magnetic scoop has a very strong ultra violet laser which will ionize the atoms ahead of the magnetic scoop, allowing you to collect much more molecules from the interstellar medium.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, flyguybc said:

1.  What would your recommend for a spaceplane SSTO limited to Beam and Positron Antimatter Reactor.  I have access to plasma, thermal, vista engine, and Attila's.  (I know you recommended the nuke lightbulb but its just so freaking big.  I guess I could try that though.)

2.  My attilla's still can't use compressed air.  Is this an upgrade further down the tech tree?

3.  Is there a better reactor to use with the plasma nozzle, or is it just more of a get it into space and let it shine situation.

1 Well If you got access to both antimatter storage and antimatter reactors, I would make a vessel which combine a plasma nozzle connected to a beam core antimatter reactor and 2 thermal antimatter reactos connected  to turbtojet nozzle. As a fuel source you can antimatter and solid hydrogen. Simply launch your self into space using the turbojets and then switch to high isp plasma nozzle. As a vacuum propellant I would recommend LithiumHydride or Diborane which provides high isp with a relatively high density

2 To use Compressed air as a propellant yo need to have unlocked Advanced Plasma Propulsion (I will add a upgrade template)

3 Better is a very relative term. In terms of pure power, there is nothing more powerfull than antimatter reactor, but if you want a safer cheaper, more compact or  isru accesable fuel, I would recommend the Plasma Jet Magneto Inertial Fusion Reactor.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey there @FreeThinker.  I posted something on your other thread, but I'll post here too.  I'd love to improve some of your models and textures, animations even.  Please DM me on discord: Some_stranger#5241.  Cheers.

Edited by Some_stranger

On 5/30/2019 at 2:40 PM, FreeThinker said:

If you are asking about IFS fuel tanks, then yes it should be, but only while switching in the VAB. Even better, some get better mass ratio as you scale them up.

What happens then if you switch what fuel you have in the tanks in flight? It just stays with the previous dry mass, right? What if you put in a denser fuel -- like, filling a tank that was set to hydrogen in the VAB, with hydrazine?

10 hours ago, kraza said:

What happens then if you switch what fuel you have in the tanks in flight? It just stays with the previous dry mass, right? What if you put in a denser fuel -- like, filling a tank that was set to hydrogen in the VAB, with hydrazine?

First this question should be asked in the IFS thread, but that would seriously increase the change of the tank breaking up during launch as it was designed to accelerate lower amounts of mass.

Edited by FreeThinker

Ok so I followed your advice, and made a few tests.  I started with my original Fusion design, and then created something new.  

Here's the full detail of what I did.  https://imgur.com/gallery/FKyEfzK   In the end I was successful but I have some questions below.

qVZa9fo.jpg

Questions:

1.)  So looking at the Positron Reactor in the top left, is there anything I can do to get more of that thermal power?  Or is just never going to be at 100% thermal power.

2.)  Since I have a reactor for each engine, should I make the engines the same size as the reactor?  or slightly smaller.  i.e. 2.5 engine for a 2.5 reactor or should I do a 2.0 engine for the 2.5 reactor.

3.)  Am I correct there is no way to ISRU Lithium Hydride or Diborane correct?  So I need to go with another fuel if I want to refuel on planets/moons.  (You recommend Hydrogen above I believe) 

Thanks for your help sir!  Loving this playthrough!!

9 hours ago, flyguybc said:

Questions:

1.)  So looking at the Positron Reactor in the top left, is there anything I can do to get more of that thermal power?  Or is just never going to be at 100% thermal power.

2.)  Since I have a reactor for each engine, should I make the engines the same size as the reactor?  or slightly smaller.  i.e. 2.5 engine for a 2.5 reactor or should I do a 2.0 engine for the 2.5 reactor.

3.)  Am I correct there is no way to ISRU Lithium Hydride or Diborane correct?  So I need to go with another fuel if I want to refuel on planets/moons.  (You recommend Hydrogen above I believe) 

Thanks for your help sir!  Loving this playthrough!!

The Thermal Antimatter reactor should be able to work at full capacity, exceptions would be issues like overheating or mismatch of nozzle with reactor. For optimal performance, the sum of connected surface should match with the surface of the reactor.

You are right there is no currently no ISRU proocess for Lithium Hydride and Diborane, I should add them.

Edited by FreeThinker

23 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Is this posible to come up with a patch for

and planet pack taht utilizes this mod, like JNSQ.

It seems the author of realistic resource leave a framework for any mods like KSPI to add there own resources.

Very good suggestion. I will look into how I can learn of and adapt to Realistic Resources. Perhaps I make it a recommended mod as I share  his general vision

Edited by FreeThinker

On 6/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, wkwied said:

Is it possible to have a description of what all the options on the magnetic scoop do? Ionization, magnetic field, pulsation?

I've tried to launch a ship which should be able to generate an unlimited amount of power. It contains:

- singularity reactor
- a beam core reactor and generator (for extra power and to start the singularity)
- a magnetic scoop
- a refrigerator to do the solar wind process
- ample storage for both solid, liquid, and gaseous hydrogen, helium, and liquid helium3
- a Bussard engine

Using this combination, I'm not able to gather any form of hydrogen or helium from the magnetic scoop while running the solar wind process. My orbit is below Eve and below Jool. Even if I use hyperedit to remove all fuel from my craft (aside from antimatter) and use the beam core reactor to make power, I can't get anything. I also can't restart the singularity (after I delete all the fuel, but edit it back in) even if the beam core reactor is pumping out a load of power.

Any help? I'm trying to build a grand tour to everywhere (or at least that can get into orbit of everything)

I got some time to test this and I seem to be able to replicate this, but I don't know if it's a problem with the Magnetic Scoop or the All in One ISRU.

The Magnetic Scoop is able to gather atmospheric Hydrogen and Helium when it's available, but the Solar wind collection is either VERY slow, or it's not working at all.

Furthermore, even if I have solar wind on my craft by adding it from the VAB, the All in One ISRU's refinery process names "Solar Wind Process" doesn't seem to do anything with it. Even if I have huge amounts if empty storage for each and every one of the gases that are made from it (Hydrogen, He, CO, N2, etc) it says 'insufficient storage' and tells me to enable overflow. The message stays the same even after enabling overflow.

Also, the implementation the Solar Wind storage in the Magnetic Scoop seems a little weird as its capacity changes with time warp (1 at 1x time warp suddenly becomes 5 with 5x time warp). This also happens with things like Waste Heat, which brings me to my next point.

@FreeThinker I might be wrong, but it seems that Waste Heat dissipation rate also suffers from a bug that's similar to what had happened with the Antiproton Factory. Due to the fact that all of total waste heat, waste heat generation and waste heat dissipation increase with time warp, the percentage decrease of waste heat that's dissipated in every second of real world time stays the same whether I'm running the game at 1x or 10000x. I don't know if this is intended.

58 minutes ago, Sean D said:

The Magnetic Scoop is able to gather atmospheric Hydrogen and Helium when it's available, but the Solar wind collection is either VERY slow, or it's not working at all.

Where did you test it, were you inside or outside Kerbin magnetosphere, also did you aim the scoop towards the sun?

1 hour ago, Sean D said:

@FreeThinker I might be wrong, but it seems that Waste Heat dissipation rate also suffers from a bug that's similar to what had happened with the Antiproton Factory. Due to the fact that all of total waste heat, waste heat generation and waste heat dissipation increase with time warp, the percentage decrease of waste heat that's dissipated in every second of real world time stays the same whether I'm running the game at 1x or 10000x. I don't know if this is intended.

I will verify

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Where did you test it, were you inside or outside Kerbin magnetosphere, also did you aim the scoop towards the sun?

I was ~2000Km from Kerbin Surface, pointed at the sun. At 1x time warp the solar wind storage of the scoop stayed 0/1 for quite a while, and increasing time warp made the storage capacity increase.

so ... @FreeThinker starting with the latest version... I'm getting 44 modulemanager errors "related to AtmosphericIntake.cfg" - is this a known issue/

log is showing:

[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Cannot find key intakeSpeed in MODULE
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Cannot find key ResourceIntakeSpeed in PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/circularIntake/rFCircIntake.cfg/PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/noseIntake/rectNoseIntake.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/radialIntake/rectIntake.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/slimIntake/rectWingBase.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/bricktop/v12BrickTop.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/jeyTew/jeyTew.cfg/PART
[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Cannot find key intakeSpeed in MODULE
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Cannot find key ResourceIntakeSpeed in PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/kumoJet/kumoJet.cfg/PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/leBaron/ax16LeBaron.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/mislyn/mislyn.cfg/PART
[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Cannot find key intakeSpeed in MODULE
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[WRN 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Cannot find key ResourceIntakeSpeed in PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/noseMountUHB/noseMount.cfg/PART
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ResourceIntakeSpeed = #$MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]/intakeSpeed$
[ERR 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key intakeSpeed = #$../ResourceIntakeSpeed$
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/pdtacJet/pdtacJet.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/r10Bear/r10Bear.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/sankerRamjet/sankerRamjet.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/tailMountUHB/tailMount.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/triankaMkD/triankaMkD.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolKodachi/vtolKodachiBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolShoto/vtolShotoBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolTanto/vtolTantoBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Fuel/wingMountA/wingMountA.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Fuel/wingMountB/wingMountB.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Structural/med2mThrustAug/med2mThrustAug.cfg/PART

now that I look at it.. hm. I don't recall installing 'retrofuture' engines.. let me try removing that.

7 hours ago, Sean D said:

I was ~2000Km from Kerbin Surface, pointed at the sun. At 1x time warp the solar wind storage of the scoop stayed 0/1 for quite a while, and increasing time warp made the storage capacity increase.

Do you mean Kerbin, or Kerbol (the sun)?

I've found (and it is really hard to figure out I feel) that the scoop only does anything meaningful when on escape trajectory from the sun, and when pointed at it (radial in with nav ball set to surface). The amount of wind starts to get meaningful (and self sustaining for a trialpha) 2 or 3 times past Jool's orbit.

Or rather, I was able to use a Bussard ship with ~23k dV to go to Valentine burning _mostly_ at target. An inefficient and costly burn, but 100% within dV limits. And I was able to recoup about 1/3 of my hydrogen from solar wind (about 30k).

I wasn't able to do the same thing with a magnetic nozzle and a singularity reactor, though. I've found that the singularity and/or antimatter reactors eat hydrogen more than you are able to recoup it

1 hour ago, wkwied said:

Do you mean Kerbin, or Kerbol (the sun)?

I've found (and it is really hard to figure out I feel) that the scoop only does anything meaningful when on escape trajectory from the sun, and when pointed at it (radial in with nav ball set to surface). The amount of wind starts to get meaningful (and self sustaining for a trialpha) 2 or 3 times past Jool's orbit.

Or rather, I was able to use a Bussard ship with ~23k dV to go to Valentine burning _mostly_ at target. An inefficient and costly burn, but 100% within dV limits. And I was able to recoup about 1/3 of my hydrogen from solar wind (about 30k).

I wasn't able to do the same thing with a magnetic nozzle and a singularity reactor, though. I've found that the singularity and/or antimatter reactors eat hydrogen more than you are able to recoup it

I'm still using the scoop because it nets me more than enough atmospheric Hydrogen and Helium to not only keep a Quantum Singularity Reactor running (and the Antimatter from the Quantum Singularity keeps a much smaller Beam Core running), but also enough excess Hydrogen and Helium to fill up my pressurized gas tanks in just a few seconds. So it's still very useful. But this, as I said, is atmospheric Hydrogen and Helium that's available outside of Kerbin atmosphere (probably because these are very light, I'm guessing?) and not solar wind.

We're you able to convert the gathered Solar Wind into something else with the ISRU? I always get 'insufficient storage' regardless of what types of gas tanks I have.

ok so @FreeThinker probably ignore my last post; one thing that *is* a legit problem is that there's two sets of temperature limits on the radiators.  one seems to be coming from KSPIE and one from stock; this is new within the last few versions of the mod (and KSP) but the stock limits are much lower, and it makes all the radiators literally catch on fire until they cool off.. they don't explode and fail until they hit the mod's temp limits, but the visual effects and such appear when they hit the 'other' limits which are in most cases less than half of the 'real' limits.. is this a known issue?  I can't imagine that anyone else *nasn't* noticed this, unless I'm doing something supremely weird here... basically just using the same designs I've been using with KSPIE for years though.  What info if any do you need from me/what do you need to see?

I wasn't aware the scoop could be used to gather atmosphere. I thought it only sucked up solar wind.

Let me pop in and test. I was running on the last version for 1.7. Kopernicus was updated today, so I'm going to test on the latest game and kspie version. I'll edit this shortly.

I'm going to need to do some more testing. I wasn't able to determine anything (aside from finding out the scoop works near atmospheres and gives HUGE DRAG) in the small time I had to play tonight

Edited by wkwied

5 hours ago, Sean D said:

We're you able to convert the gathered Solar Wind into something else with the ISRU? I always get 'insufficient storage' regardless of what types of gas tanks I have.

I'm working on it

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so ... @FreeThinker starting with the latest version... I'm getting 44 modulemanager errors "related to AtmosphericIntake.cfg" - is this a known issue/

log is showing:

[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/circularIntake/rFCircIntake.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/noseIntake/rectNoseIntake.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/radialIntake/rectIntake.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Aero/slimIntake/rectWingBase.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:53.172] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/bricktop/v12BrickTop.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/jeyTew/jeyTew.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/kumoJet/kumoJet.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.025] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/leBaron/ax16LeBaron.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/mislyn/mislyn.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/noseMountUHB/noseMount.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/pdtacJet/pdtacJet.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/r10Bear/r10Bear.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/sankerRamjet/sankerRamjet.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/tailMountUHB/tailMount.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/triankaMkD/triankaMkD.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolKodachi/vtolKodachiBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolShoto/vtolShotoBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Engines/vtolTanto/vtolTantoBasic.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Fuel/wingMountA/wingMountA.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Fuel/wingMountB/wingMountB.cfg/PART
[LOG 2019-21-08 16:21:54.026] Applying update WarpPlugin/Patches/AtmosphericIntake/@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[AtmosphericIntake],@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]:HAS[#resourceName[IntakeAir]]]:FOR[WarpPlugin] to RetroFuture/Structural/med2mThrustAug/med2mThrustAug.cfg/PART

now that I look at it.. hm. I don't recall installing 'retrofuture' engines.. let me try removing that.

Unless you have a mod installed that removes ModuleResourceIntake from Air intakes, this shouldn't be a real problem except for the ugly error messages.

So you recommended hydrogen as a propellant.  However, I've tried both Liquid Hydrogen tanks, and Hydrogen tanks.  None of them work with the thermal turbo jets?  There is the Hydrogen/Intake air, but that combo stops working after intake air runs out.

1.) Which tanks and type of hydrogen should I be using with the thermal turbojets?

19 hours ago, wkwied said:

I wasn't aware the scoop could be used to gather atmosphere. I thought it only sucked up solar wind.

Let me pop in and test. I was running on the last version for 1.7. Kopernicus was updated today, so I'm going to test on the latest game and kspie version. I'll edit this shortly.

I'm going to need to do some more testing. I wasn't able to determine anything (aside from finding out the scoop works near atmospheres and gives HUGE DRAG) in the small time I had to play tonight

It indeed prodeces huge amount of drag if you are close to the surface. It can be enough to rip the ship up. Something simal can happen if you pass though the thermal shock of the heliophere and you are traveling a decent percentage of the speed of light, like running into an invisible wal. lol.

Anyway, I tested it myself

HerBKTe.png

As you can see I'm producing 33.56 g/h Solar wind while at 1862 K above Kerbin facing the Sun while only consuming 25.53 gram of hydrogen for energy production. What important is that you have a LqdHydrogen with empty room and allow it to overflow (meaning you throw away everything else), but I agree its a bit hard to read, it will be improved next release

1 hour ago, flyguybc said:

So you recommended hydrogen as a propellant.  However, I've tried both Liquid Hydrogen tanks, and Hydrogen tanks.  None of them work with the thermal turbo jets?  There is the Hydrogen/Intake air, but that combo stops working after intake air runs out.

1.) Which tanks and type of hydrogen should I be using with the thermal turbojets?

Either Neutral or Oxidising agents, like HTP

Edited by FreeThinker