KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

12 hours ago, Slashrunner said:

I fixed it by deleting the manual install and then reinstalling through CKAN. No idea what the cause of the freeze was, but that fixed it for me.

the problem could potentialy arise when the same technodes is registred twice, the latest version 1.22.6, is more tollerant andcan hanfle multiple instances of the same tech node.

Edited by FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

What happens if the waste heat builds up? Also can you name the part I need to store megajoules?

Well you can find all power storage parts in power the high power storage category filter (from filter extention)

vmmbD2K.png

2 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Have a question.

While I have enough Solid Hydrogen and power to use bussard fusion engine, when I try to perform a timewarp trust, it says propellent depleted and stopped the timewarp.

I can confirm the problem

Edited by FreeThinker

17 hours ago, OOM said:

I want to start the Daedalus engine (there is power and fuel), but when time accelerates, he tells me: Propellant depleted

Problem is fixed in latest version

45 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

May I ask how could I scoop solar wind or interstellar matter,

I tried to use magnetic scoop and it didn't work

Were you outside Kerbin magnetosphere?

When I tried to use ion engine(2,5 m; 64 kN thrust in constructor), the real thrust was a lot less then was written in the constructor - for this engine - ~3.66 kN

The same thing happens with the "Atilla" engine

How can I solve this problem or just need to delete mod?

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Edited by CrazyGreenPilot_RUS

@CrazyGreenPilot_RUS   Well obviously the constructor was wrong but Ion engine realy don't provide a lot of thrust and they scale up realy bad. Instead you should use them as a continious fomr of thrust. When Kspie is installed, ion engine also works durring timewarp and can follow a navitation target.  If you don't want this behaviour delete WarpPlugin\Parts\Engines\IonEngine

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, AstralWither said:

i am tryna charge my warp drive but the reactor adjusts its output to whats being consumed already and warp needs a minimum output

Warp drives power requirement depends on several parameter which you can influence. 1 crweating stable warp buble near a gravity field is hard, so het into a higher orbit. 2 add more warp power. he higher the mass to warp power ratio, the more energy is required to initie warp. This can be countered by adding more warpdrive power, the warp drives can be stacked or scaled up.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Well you can scale up almost anything, the beamed power , alcubiere warp drive and electric engines can be very power hungry

cant do beamed power cuz ship is interstellar, cant do alcubierre drive cuz my reactor is 8 gw but outputs zero for "efficiency" and alcubierre drive need for the output to be present before it starts charging, and no electric engines unless i create something in why cargo bay thats 2 engines facing each other.

I'm having an issue cooling a pretty standard setup. I can provide screenshots, craft files, and details about my mod setup later today but to get the ball rolling, a basic description of my ship (which is basically the engine and fuel elements of a space station headed for Duna), mostly 3.75 stack size:

• Docking port (actually a construction port, will merge with another once assembly is complete)
  • Cheap probe core (surface attached, to be recycled in orbit once assembly is complete)
  • A few trusses
  • Upscaled circular tanks from IFS (love those mass ratios on the upscaled delicate parts, missing feature from all other tanks, IMO) surface attached to trusses
  • Large Reaction Wheel
  • Fairing (mostly to protect the tanks)
  • Thermal Electric Generator (3.75 full size version)
  • Pebble Bed Fission Reactor (3.75)
  • Graphene or HeatControl radiators surface attached to the reactor (I've tried several types, several sizes, heat collectors from other mods, radiators with convection bonuses, radiators with pivots, etc.)
  • Toroidal Aerospike Thermal Nozzle (3.75)

Now, I've never had a great time getting the discrete generator, reactor, nozzle setup working and have generally relied on all in one setups because of this. I had to do quite a bit of experimentation to find a thermal nozzle setup that was worthwhile (the molten salt never had enough umph to be worth it, the dusty plasma couldn't be used to launch so was a non-starter, the krusader nozzle was just slightly outperformed by the aerospike, all of the nozzles had misleading stats in their part info cards, etc.). Anyway, I've rebuilt this thing several times but no matter what I do radiator wise, wasteheat builds up to a level that it cuts off before getting to orbit, even if I cheat the wasteheat back to zero and get orbital then deploy my expandable pivot radiators, it'll build up again. My typical heat management is to place enough static (non extendable, won't break in atmo) radiators to get the thermal helper to about the middle of the yellow numbers and then add pivoting/breakable radiators to get to green (optimizing weight, tolerance for the sun's relative position, and orbital efficiency). That has worked fine for every all in one setup I've tried. Didn't work for this one. I've also tried just throwing more radiators at the problem. I was able to get out of the atmosphere before the nozzle cut off from reactor overheating but I'm still eventually losing the nozzle's thrust in atmo. It's a very diminished return. This is with a total heat dissipation 5 or 6 times what the craft shows it needs in the VAB thermal helper. I can intuit that if I added enough radiators, I might be able to get it to stop cutting off but this would be a ridiculous amount maybe 10-20 times what the thermal helper indicates I need.

My only theory is that the radiators aren't getting very hot and so are dumping wasteheat slower than I would expect despite being large. Maybe this has to do with improper tweakscale temperature and thermal conductivity scaling?

@whitespacekilla

You could try ad see if the latest beta solves you heating issue:

KSPIE 1.22.10 BETAfor KSP 1.7.3 can be downloaded from here

Changelog:
* Added Icons for Photovoltaics and Extreme Nuclear Propulsion (by Tonas1997)
* Added HALBERT Chemical Engine with more than 10 air and LFO modes
* Added Tweakscale to Cylotron
* Balanced ISWR lowered isp and increate unlocking requirements in Tech tree
* Fixed Wasteheat problem when going to the thermosphere
* Fixed some localization issues
Edited by FreeThinker

Please check the Circular Solar Photovoltaic Cells (beam receiver)  By Lionhead Aerospace.  Not 100% if this is part of KSPI-E and I never installed anything from Lionhead specifically.  I just installed KSPI-E, Near Future, and USI using CKAN.

Anyway, this Solar Photovoltaic  can only receive sunlight and not any beam power, enough though it should receive infra-red to ultra-violet.

The other circular receivers seem to work as described. I used the circular receivers often on small probes.

thanks!

Edited by enewmen